Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The NFL's & NCAA's Crowd Noise Rules

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Rules >> The NFL's & NCAA's Crowd Noise Rules Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The NFL's & NCAA's Crowd Noise Rules - 11/17/2006 12:38:16 AM   
Great White

....Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at The NFL's & NCAA's On-Line Summary of The NFL's & The NCAA's Rulebooks.

When I post Interesting, I mean it is probably Interesting to you, but it is just limiting to me.

quote:

http://nfl.com/news/rulesdigest.html
5-Yard Pentalities
25. Loss of team time out(s) or five-yard penalty on the defense for excessive crowd noise.

You hear over and over again that this rule (crowd noise/fan noise will no longer cost The Franchises) no longer exists, yet there it is. I am thinking this is just a rule that is not ignored and the media never stopped to check what they were told.

The NCAA has no such rule. By rule, I mean Preventing (through pentalities) Crowds from making a lot of noise.

The NFL allows any player to receive hand to hand snaps from the center, let alone direct snaps).

quote:

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2006/2006_football_rules.pdf
Rule 7/Snapping and Passing The Ball

States that no OLman can receive a hand to hand snap. Fumble Rooskie (Ground to Hand).

< Message edited by Marauders -- 12/14/2006 7:49:20 AM >

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM
Post #: 1
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/17/2006 1:36:20 AM   
Marauders

As I recall, the crowd noise penalty is still in the NCAA rulebook.

In the NFL, that only applies to external noise devices like blasting music in a dome or having crowd noise piped through the speaker system.

Post #: 2
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/17/2006 2:04:53 AM   
Great White

Marauders,

Well if you can find, more power to you. I could not. I do not think it is there because I looked could not find it and noise is celebrated and even with objects.

I should have been more specific, I am posting about the fans, not the Franchises themselves. It is legal for crowds and I think you are right it is not legal for Franchises to use devices.

< Message edited by GWsFBAReservUrFBTeam -- 11/17/2006 2:12:14 AM >

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/17/2006 6:53:23 AM   
Shaggyra

NCAA Div 1-AA Southern Illinois at Illinois State.  Illinois State penalized twice (15 yards each) for crowd noise and throwing things on the field.

I was there.  It was a blast.

(in reply to Great White)
Post #: 4
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/17/2006 6:54:36 AM   
Marauders

The original crowd noise rule was eliminated by the NCAA prior to the 2006 season, so it is a very recent change.  Many conferences still retain artificial crowd noise rules that the NCAA has allowed each conference to decide.  The artificial crowd noise rules may become standard in future seasons.

Post #: 5
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/17/2006 4:25:01 PM   
Great White

I do not watch any other division of CFB/NCAA, thus I am only posting about the real FootBall Division, with second rate post season system. I could careless what rules the other divisions have. Just as I could careless what some members post.

Marauders,

Then referee must have been swallowing the whistles for years, during many big conference games (like Univ. of Tennessee Games). Where is the official NCAA rule's URL?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 6
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/17/2006 5:41:04 PM   
Great White

Marauders,

Now, that I think about it, the only time I remember the rule being used is during this sad Miami Hurricanes seasons' home game (when they were winning) after the very few TDs (thus I think it North Carolina and not a big conference or non-conference game) they had to warn The Miami Hurricanes' Orange Bowl PA officials to stop piping in the music. Then the second time the head ref stated they would punish the home team (Univ. of Miami) 15-yards, if it was not stopped.

What was interesting *the head ref only did it before the away team first-play that the drive after Univ. of Miami's TDs. There must then be a rule on the books, that has been adjusted/changed.* I cannot believe I did not remember earlier.

quote:

Then referee must have been swallowing the whistles for years, during many big conference games (like Univ. of Tennessee Games).

I still believe this; however, I would change it slightly to state,

Then referee must have been swallowing the whistles for years, during big games (like Univ. of Tennessee Games).

At the time, the home game Univ. of Miami was no where near the big game status.

Post #: 7
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/20/2006 1:23:54 AM   
Shaggyra

quote:

ORIGINAL: GWsFBAReservUrFBTeam

I do not watch any other division of CFB/NCAA, thus I am only posting about the real FootBall Division, with second rate post season system. I could careless what rules the other divisions have. Just as I could careless what some members post.

Division 1-A and Division 1-AA use the same rules knuckle head!

Post #: 8
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/20/2006 4:21:37 AM   
Great White

Marauders,

I just realize I should clearify, I have no problem with preventing (through pentalities) Stadium PA from piping in artifical noise. However, Preventing (through pentalities) Crowds from making a lot of noise, is BS. It maybe a rule in another NCAA division for Crowds not to make a lot of noise, but I will not believe the Division 1A (the real NCAA) will ever have rule that Preventing (through pentalities) Crowds from making a lot of noise, until someone shows me The NCAA.org URL to the rule. Maybe, this is reason we differ. Maybe, we really do not differ.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 9
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/20/2006 4:37:10 PM   
Shaggyra

Rule 9, Section 2, Article 1, Part (b)-5

5. Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any
noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals (Rule 1-1-6).
PENALTY—Dead-ball foul. 15 yards [S7, S27] from the succeeding
spot. Flagrant offenders, if players or substitutes, shall be
disqualified [S47].

Please note that this applies to all divisions of the NCAA.  *Which are being all ^Real FootBalL*

Post #: 10
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/20/2006 9:02:08 PM   
Shaggyra

What I posted was that all levels of the NCAA (1-A, 1-AA, II, and III) use the same on-field rules (which have nothing to do with off the field.  (i.e. playoffs and scholorships)

The only exceptions are instant replay and the size of the officiating crew. 

BTW, The "crowd noise" rule was removed some time ago, but the authorities at the stadium have to control the crowd from disrupting the game and/or throwing things or the home team can get penalized after sufficient warning have been given.

Also, sincce you have blocked me from PMing you.  You can call me what ever you want.  I know what I call you, but I won't type it here.

Go ahead and contact the NCAA, I've already posted the rule book.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 11
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/20/2006 10:46:48 PM   
Great White

quote:

What I posted was that all levels of the NCAA (1-A, 1-AA, II, and III) use the same on-field rules (which have nothing to do with off the field.  (i.e. playoffs and scholorships)

It does, you are wrong, because when one is trying to regulate behavior one needs to be consistant to prevent them from cheating the rules created and thus forcing one to punish. Whether it is on the field or off the field it is rules and regulations. I can tell you as a former teacher with out be consistant the young and developing or spoiled, under experienced/closed minds of the young/high school students will savage on it like wolves. Some CFB Programs (too much money involved) and Players are not far from that or worse.

quote:

crowd from disrupting the game and/or throwing things

Come on man, who here is posting about throwing on fields? It really off the topic of this thread. We are talking about noise only generated from fans' hands or voices and noises from other sources (like PAs) with the stadiums.

quote:

I've already posted the rule book.

Where is the rule book? I read the rule, you posted, and still cannot find it in The '2006 Rule Book as you claimed. Too be non-political in my response it seems (to me) like you tried to pull a fast one. Also, keep in mind I also stated in the MP that I was sending the letter to see there is another reason to hate The NCAA; it was not all about this debate. 50-50 Especially since it was already posted by Marauders that:

quote:

The original crowd noise rule was eliminated by the NCAA prior to the 2006 season, so it is a very recent change.

< Message edited by GWsFBAReservUrFBTeam -- 11/21/2006 12:42:37 AM >

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 12
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/20/2006 11:32:35 PM   
jrodsly

crowd noise shouldnt need a rule. if it's loud, it's loud.

Back from the dead, I'm here to make ammends with the people I've ticked off and the people that were nice enough to make stuff I requested.
Post #: 13
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/20/2006 11:44:18 PM   
Shaggyra

quote:

ORIGINAL: GWsFBAReservUrFBTeam

quote:

It does, you are wrong, because when one is trying to regulate behavior one needs to constant to prevent them from cheating the rules created and forcing one to punish. Whether it is on the field or off the field it is rules and regulations. I can tell you as a former teacher with out be constant the young and developing or spoiled, under experienced/closed minds of the young/high school students will savage on it like wolves. Some CFB Programs (too much money involved) and Players are not far from that or worse.

Um... I have no idea what you just said. But the game rules are the same (except instant replay and number of officials).

Also. I am currently a member of my local High School board. (Which is way above your claimed teacher status.) I was also a high school technology director/teacher for 8 years. You do not get to lecture me about students young or old. Especially since you can't spell or form a complete thought.

quote:

quote:

crowd from disrupting the game and/or throwing things

Come on man, who here is posting about throwing on fields? It really off the topic of this thread. We are talking about noise only generated from fans' hands or voices and noises from other sources (like PAs) with the stadiums.

It is a similar. That's what I was commenting on.

quote:

quote:

I've already posted the rule book.

Where is the rule book? I read the rule, you posted, and still cannot find it in The '2006 Rule Book as you claimed. Too be non-political in my response it seems (to me) like you tried to pull a fast one. Also, keep in mind I also stated in the MP that I was sending the letter to see there is another reason to hate The NCAA; it was not all about this debate. 50-50 Especially since it was already posted by Marauders that:

quote:

The original crowd noise rule was eliminated by the NCAA prior to the 2006 season, so it is a very recent change.

Sigh. http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2006/2006_football_rules.pdf This is the link to the rule book (as posted above)
Also, you do not get to accuse me of "pulling a fast one."

As usual, Marauders was right. It is a recent change.

Post #: 14
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/20/2006 11:57:54 PM   
Great White

quote:

Rule 9, Section 2, Article 1, Part (b)-5

5. Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any
noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals (Rule 1-1-6).PENALTY—Dead-ball foul. 15 yards [S7, S27] from the succeeding
spot. Flagrant offenders, if players or substitutes, shall be
disqualified [S47].

Plus, it already posted and discussed that was not there, taken-out according to Marauders
Still trying to find were you got that from in that rule book, yet you posted as it was there. What else is it supposed to look like, other than pull a fast one?

You are trying to make a relation/similarity between two-actions that to different in their intended affects and power to affect to be similar.
Throwing something on the field can injure and yelling cannot do anything, except make the fans feel they are in the game.

< Message edited by GWsFBAReservUrFBTeam -- 11/21/2006 12:08:22 AM >

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 15
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/21/2006 12:12:37 AM   
dreamtheatervt

"Persons subject to the rules" are the band, coaching staff, stadium staff, PA announcer, and similar types; and refers to band music, using the PA system for artifical noise, speech, sound effects, etc.  That rule is in place to keep schools from putting jet engines outside the stadium and firing them up when the opposition has the ball.  The crowd can be as loud as they want as long as they don't use instruments (not necessarily in the musical sense) that are designed to make noise (air horns, and some places cowbells).

I see at least one Penn State and Virginia Tech home game a year, and those places are loud as all hell and cause visitors to use time outs, and I have never seen the crowds warned for noise.

Post #: 16
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/21/2006 12:32:06 AM   
Great White

Shaggyra,

I can prove everything, I post on here. Can you? You do not know who are challenging, my experiences, education, degrees and certifications, shatter any technologies teacher and LOL at School Boards (that are ****ing everything up). Back on Block to stay, wasted my time and PMs to fix things.

Do us all a favor get out of this forum, if in education, get out now and run for The GOP.

< Message edited by GWsFBAReservUrFBTeam -- 11/21/2006 12:38:44 AM >

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 17
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/21/2006 12:41:47 AM   
Great White

dreamtheatervt,

Thank you; however, we should not have to do that. It is called selective reading for one's benefit.

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 18
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/21/2006 1:13:28 AM   
Shaggyra

OK for the last time............

You're right there is no rule on "crowd noise", but I am right also with what I posted.

I was there at the Southern Illinois vs Illinois State game. Illinois State was penalized 15 for excessive crowd disruptions from the student body.

Though does not state it here what it was specically for, it is noted here that there was a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. If it is possible to find more documentation I will provide it.

Play-by-Play Summary (3rd quarter)
S 1-10 S27 Start of 3rd quarter, clock 15:00, SIU ball on SIU35.
S 1-10 S35 PENALTY ILS unsportsmanlike conduct 15 yards to the 50 yardline, 1ST DOWN SIU.
source: http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ilsu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/101406stats.pdf Page 10

The specific "crowd noise" rule was removed sometime back either this year or last. (As others and I previously have stated.)

The rule I have quoted is in existance despite GW claims the he "can't find it." It requires more than "just crowd noise" but can be used in any disruptive situation. (Yes, it takes alot for it to be used and yes I was there when it did happen.)

I have provided links and documentation for my claims on this particular rule repeatedly.

GW, I don't want to fight. But you have argued that the rules are not the same across the divisions. With a few exceptions such as instant replay, they all use the same rule book for the games. I don't care if your small quasi-elitest mind don't like anything but the criminals at Miami.

I was pointing out there are some situations where the actions by the crowd or student body can penalize the home team. I have provided documentation on this. I have also done a hell of a lot more for this game than you ever will. It is you who should get out of this forum and go back into therapy.

You claim to be some genius with degrees, and etc. and you can't complete a sentence or a thought.

You argue about everything with nothing to back it up.

Please, give us a break.

Post #: 19
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/21/2006 2:04:20 AM   
dreamtheatervt

I wasn't taking sides, just stating facts.  To sate my own curiosity, I looked into what happened.

http://www.thesouthern.com/articles/2006/10/20/opinions/ups_and_downs/17923944.txt

From the article:
THUMBS DOWN - To those Illinois State University students who pelted Saluki football players and coaches with plastic footballs before last Saturday's game and at the half. The flying footballs led to an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against the Redbirds.

That's what happened.  I'm not taking sides, agreeing or disagreeing with anyone...just presenting the facts.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 20
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/21/2006 2:41:53 AM   
Shaggyra

quote:

ORIGINAL: dreamtheatervt

I wasn't taking sides, just stating facts.  To sate my own curiosity, I looked into what happened.

http://www.thesouthern.com/articles/2006/10/20/opinions/ups_and_downs/17923944.txt

From the article:
THUMBS DOWN - To those Illinois State University students who pelted Saluki football players and coaches with plastic footballs before last Saturday's game and at the half. The flying footballs led to an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against the Redbirds.

That's what happened.  I'm not taking sides, agreeing or disagreeing with anyone...just presenting the facts.

OK. that's what I was trying to point out. At the game it was announced as "unsportmanlike conduct on the crowd". That's what my link was trying to refer to. Good find.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaggyra

NCAA Div 1-AA Southern Illinois at Illinois State. Illinois State penalized twice (15 yards each) for crowd noise and throwing things on the field.

I was there. It was a blast.

Post #: 21
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/21/2006 3:59:17 AM   
jrodsly

uhhhh, stop fighting?!

Back from the dead, I'm here to make ammends with the people I've ticked off and the people that were nice enough to make stuff I requested.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 22
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/21/2006 6:39:07 AM   
Marauders

The crowd noise rule was removed prior to the 2006 NCAA season.

If anyone would like to read the old rule, just go here and search under "crowd noise".

2005 NCAA Football Rules

Is that simple enough, GW?

(in reply to jrodsly)
Post #: 23
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/21/2006 4:46:34 PM   
Great White

Marauders,

No need to tell me, I posted no fake rule. I am not the one who tried to make it a '2006 rule, to the point of posting The '2006 rule book. Besides, I already pointed that out to him, twice. What really makes me mad is he cloggs my posts and challenges me on things; but tries that. Only thing that comment does is bring-up bad blood, towards his posts and that comment.

I am done, about him and the fake rule thing.

< Message edited by GWsFBAReservUrFBTeam -- 11/21/2006 4:52:23 PM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 24
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/21/2006 5:26:48 PM   
Shaggyra

UGH!!!!!!

I already said the crowd noise rule was gone!!!!!!!!

I said it way up near the top.

quote:

BTW, The "crowd noise" rule was removed some time ago, but the authorities at the stadium have to control the crowd from disrupting the game and/or throwing things or the home team can get penalized after sufficient warning have been given.

Forget it, your a ____________.

Post #: 25
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/21/2006 5:34:00 PM   
Lucas718

Shag, just click the green button. You'll save yourself a lot of aggravation that way.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 26
RE: Here Some Interesting Things I Found-Out looking at... - 11/21/2006 10:15:43 PM   
jrodsly

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to Lucas718)
Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Rules >> The NFL's & NCAA's Crowd Noise Rules Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI