Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Ops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Air Ops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Ops - 11/17/2006 7:09:52 PM   
Sanman

I new to this game and I am having trouble understanding the tutorial. On page 40 first paragraph I am trying to select one of the F-16 to ready with a loadout. I can't figure out how to select only one. The four are grouped together. Any help would be appreciated.

PS I'm also new to using a forum, so please be patient with me.

Thanks

Sanman
Post #: 1
RE: Air Ops - 11/17/2006 7:25:38 PM   
jpkoester1

select all 4, and when you assign the loadout the game will ask you how many you want readied with that loadout.

Cheers,
JP

(in reply to Sanman)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Ops - 11/17/2006 7:30:42 PM   
Sanman

Thanks, I'll try that.

Sanman

(in reply to jpkoester1)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Ops - 11/17/2006 7:57:29 PM   
hermanhum

If you are running the tutorials, I recommend that you do NOT activate the Aircraft Logistics function.

Many of the tutorial lessions do not have their magazines loaded and they will thus not work properly if you try to load/arm aircraft since they are empty.

See: Tutorial Lesson VI air ops

Welcome aboard, shipmate!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Sanman)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Ops - 11/17/2006 8:58:36 PM   
Sanman

Thanks, that was the problem. Seems somebody should correct this in the manual or the program, I spent hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Sanman

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Ops - 11/17/2006 9:27:32 PM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sanman

Thanks, that was the problem. Seems somebody should correct this in the manual or the program, I spent hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

I hear that the tutorials are being worked on and should (hopefully) be corrected with the release of the patch. Of course, this doesn't help the poor schlubs like you who are going through them NOW.

Consider yourself lucky if you only lost a few hours. Some of us lost days tracking down bugs only to be told, "We already knew about that."

For your convenience, Xtreme-Gamer has a partial list of Known Harpoon 3.7 [ANW] Issues. I hope that they help.

(in reply to Sanman)
Post #: 6
RE: Air Ops - 11/18/2006 1:00:45 PM   
Flankerk

quote:

ORIGINAL: hermanhum

I hear that the tutorials are being worked on and should (hopefully) be corrected with the release of the patch. Of course, this doesn't help the poor schlubs like you who are going through them NOW.

Consider yourself lucky if you only lost a few hours. Some of us lost days tracking down bugs only to be told, "We already knew about that."

Herman, you make it sound like a massive conspiracy designed to waste your time. All you needed to do is check any anomalous behaviour with the Team before posting up that you had discovered a "massive" bug. Generally speaking most of your bugs are out of date, and some ,as you make clear here were obsolete before you "discovered" them. I find it reassuring, when you think you have found a bug, then find it has been resolved before you even knew about it.

"Alas poor Yorick,I knew him Horatio"

#1 Quote of the Harpoon Community.

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 7
RE: Air Ops - 11/18/2006 3:09:55 PM   
hermanhum

Sure glad this one was solved and 'out of date' before it ever showed up in the Beta Patch 3.7.1 that was released (just in time) to crash every single Multi-Player session.

Bug Report: CTD when torpedo fired

Of course, this is only one example of many.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Flankerk)
Post #: 8
RE: Air Ops - 11/18/2006 7:02:41 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flankerk

quote:

Herman, you make it sound like a massive conspiracy designed to waste your time. All you needed to do is check any anomalous behaviour with the Team before posting up that you had discovered a "massive" bug. Generally speaking most of your bugs are out of date, and some ,as you make clear here were obsolete before you "discovered" them. I find it reassuring, when you think you have found a bug, then find it has been resolved before you even knew about it.

Well most of his problem is he doesn't update his bug list.So anybody reading it has no idea whats really going on other than there may have been a bug at some point. I think an update would be nice when the patch is released. Would tell me if he's serious or a muppet.

(in reply to Flankerk)
Post #: 9
RE: Air Ops - 11/18/2006 7:04:46 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

Sure glad this one was solved and 'out of date' before it ever showed up in the Beta Patch 3.7.1 that was released (just in time) to crash every single Multi-Player session.

See this is a great example. Knowing that 3.7.1 no longer exists how come his entry (as of right now) hasn't been updated to reflect that? Not very smart at all.

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 11/18/2006 7:09:21 PM >

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 10
RE: Air Ops - 11/18/2006 9:37:51 PM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: VCDH

quote:

We've been testing MP extensively the last 10 days or so and I've never seen any problems with torpedoes. The only problem we've had with torpedoes is with an over allocation of weapons. They launch just fine.

That would certainly be excellent if the problem is fixed.

However, until the general playing public is able to independently corroborate such a claim, the point is quite moot as only ANW 3.7.0 and Beta Patch 3.7.1 have been made available, thus far.

< Message edited by hermanhum -- 11/18/2006 9:42:04 PM >

Post #: 11
RE: Air Ops - 11/19/2006 3:48:28 PM   
Flankerk

Although this bug keeps getting referred to by you Herman, I have yet to find anyone who has ever been able to reproduce it. Its certainly a pretty low priority. Having said which, we are now at a stage where those could be looked into. As far as I can see though its been tested, and no-one can reproduce it . A Beta is after all something put up for testing.

If you have been able to reproduce it in anything other than the old 3.7.1 Beta release I'd be happy to check into it and see if it is repeatable.

"Alas poor Yorick,I knew him Horatio"

#1 Quote of the Harpoon Community.

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 12
RE: Air Ops - 11/19/2006 10:02:07 PM   
jpkoester1

Oh, stop whining Herman. There is a reason why it is called a BETA patch and that's because it's not considered to be finished. There is a crash bug in there, and thanks for reporting it, that gives us a chance to fix it for the next version, but there is simply no reason why you should keep on about it as the BETA patch is not the recommended game version anyways.

In cases where you don't want to risk something crashing you simply shouldn't install beta software, problem solved.

Cheers,
JP
Post #: 13
RE: Air Ops - 11/19/2006 10:24:46 PM   
jpkoester1

Didn't I just say it exists in 3.7.1? Oh, and 3.7.1 is not the ony version publicly available. 3.7.0 is also publically available and in fact the recommended version to be used. 3.7.1 is a BETA version that only people should install that want to BETA-TEST it (in which case strange behaviour and crashes should be expected).

JP
Post #: 14
RE: Air Ops - 11/19/2006 10:28:39 PM   
hermanhum

You're not the one trying to deny it's existence.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1302617

(in reply to jpkoester1)
Post #: 15
RE: Air Ops - 11/19/2006 10:29:02 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

As it is the only version publicly available, it is the version to which commentary should be directed. Every attempt to pretend that CTD bugs and the Beta Patch 3.7.1 don't even EXIST, will result in a re-iteration of the FACTS.

You guys ever get the impression Herman's mouth moves when he writes writes stuff like this. Probably goes through it three or four times just to make sure the emphasis is on the right words.

Herman wait for the patch and please update your buglist when you can. Less you won't be factual, accurate, whatever..hehe

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 11/19/2006 10:36:07 PM >
Post #: 16
RE: Air Ops - 11/19/2006 10:32:58 PM   
hermanhum

quote:

Every attempt to pretend that CTD bugs and the Beta Patch 3.7.1 don't even EXIST, will result in a re-iteration of the FACTS.

The publicly available Beta Patch 3.7.1 will crash every single Multi-Player session.

The FACTS have been accidentally omitted, again.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 17
RE: Air Ops - 11/19/2006 10:37:17 PM   
mikmykWS

That was a beta patch (which implies test doesn't it?) and nobody but you seems to have a problem with it or really care. Get a life

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 18
RE: Air Ops - 11/20/2006 4:44:41 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

That was a beta patch (which implies test doesn't it?) and nobody but you seems to have a problem with it or really care. Emphasis added by HH

Sure glad someone seems to care about it. Otherwise, you run the risk of another humiliating Beta Patch 3.7.1 episode whereby every single Multi-Player session results in a CTD.

Be glad to try it to see if the problem still exists when the patch is officially release.

Herman knowing all the guys working on the project personally (have worked and played with them) I have no worries at all. They're a good bunch of guys and you should be praising their work not hoping for failure. Fact all of them should probably be up for the Pooner this year don't you think?

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 11/20/2006 4:48:43 AM >
Post #: 19
RE: Air Ops - 11/20/2006 5:19:24 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

When the Patch is officially released, I am sure that everyone will judge it on its merits and demerits(?). However, until it is in the public realm, only the Beta Patch 3.7.1 is available and it causes every single Multi-Player session to result in a CTD.

So use 3.7.0. What is so hard about that?

quote:

ORIGINAL: VCDH

Guys it's time to move on. We've checked this one out several builds ago and never had any problems. This thread is now more about upping post counts than about anything constructive.

Later
D

Alrighty. I give up

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 11/20/2006 5:27:15 AM >
Post #: 20
RE: Air Ops - 11/20/2006 5:26:32 AM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

quote:

See this is a great example. Knowing that 3.7.1 no longer exists how come his entry (as of right now) hasn't been updated to reflect that? Not very smart at all.

And why even try to hide the very existence of the Beta Patch 3.7.1 when anyone can go and load it for themselves and experience the wonderful CTD that accompanies all associated MP sessions?

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 21
RE: Air Ops - 11/20/2006 5:42:08 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

And why even try to hide the very existence of the Beta Patch 3.7.1 when anyone can go and load it for themselves and experience the wonderful CTD that accompanies all associated MP sessions?

Watchu talkin bout Willis?

Not sure why you think anybody's hiding stuff. 3.7.1 was beta software and everything on it is still posted.

How old are you really?

Anyways done with this one. If you just don't understand I'm very sorry.

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 11/20/2006 5:45:46 AM >

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 22
RE: Air Ops - 11/20/2006 6:56:35 AM   
Cpt_Aubrey

I agree with VCDH, Mik, Herm, let it go and let me get in on it. I was/am hoping to use functions that were marketed as part of the game when I purchased Harpoon 3 and as of yet, UPDATES, PATCHES, whatever the non-beta software is going to be called has not materialized.

Chomping at the bit,

Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Air Ops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI