Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Seeking Allied opponent for scenario 158- closed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Seeking Allied opponent for scenario 158- closed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Seeking Allied opponent for scenario 158- closed - 11/27/2006 4:26:53 AM   
Jzanes

I am looking for an ALLIED opponent for scenario 158 (CHS version 2.08, Nik Mod, on Andrew's extended map v6.3a) with a 2 day turn cycle. I live in the Eastern time zone of the US and can reliably do at least 5 turns a week. I am new to PBEM with CHS but have played several stock PBEMs to as late as 8/42 before my opponents dissapeared. I am looking for an opponent willing to stick with it regardless of events ingame or out. Please reply here or email jzanes2@yahoo.com if interested.

Options suggested-

Sub Doctrines = off
FOW = on
Allied damage control = on
Hist 1st turn = no
PDU = on
Vary Setup = off
Dec 7 suprise = on
Reinforcements = historical
Auto sub ops = off
Expand at start = off
Automatic upgrades = off
Accept replacements = off
Turn cycle = 2

House Rules suggested-

I have reviewed all the house rules people seem to be using and suggest the following set for this game.

1. The allied player on turn 1 will not enter ANY orders to ANYTHING to simulate the japanese achieving total surprise - except for moving the cvs that are already at sea. (No creating tfs, no orders in china, no tweaking the cap over PH, no pacific fleet NOT being in PH on turn 1 - After the Japanese player gets their free punch on turn 1 the US player can do all that on turn 2.
Basically the japanese players sends their opening turn, the us player loads it up, moves the CVs and sends it straight back about 2 minutes later.
2. For the Japanese player, all first turn landings need to be in range of long range cap of Jap fighters, for example: Java, Sumatra, Timor, and Sulawesi are NOT OK. Philipines, Borneo etc. ARE OK.
3. The Japanese player cannot PORT attack any base on turn 1 other than Pearl Harbor.
4. Air or ground units belonging to the Kwangtung command may not leave Manchuria unless PP's are spent to change their command.
4. Air or ground units belonging to China Command may not leave China or Manchuria, unless they change command.
5. The Japanese are not allowed to enter the Panama and Aden passages. In addition no Japanese units allowed within 4 hexes of the exits from the Aden and Panama passages.
6. No cutting off retreat paths with a fragment, you must use a whole COMBAT unit (a unit with at least 1 assault point).
7. No Allied 4 engined bombers allowed on Naval Attack below 10000 ft
8. No 2 engine Bomber units allowed to upgrade to 4 engine bombers as the allies.
9. PT Boats: PT boats can only be in a TF by themselves.
10. No more than 8 ships in a ASW TF 11.
11. Limit of two AA units per hex once they leave their start base. No mass flak bases
12. Stacking limit of 100 planes per airfield level and no more then 500 carrier born planes in one hex
13. No submarine Invasions

< Message edited by Jzanes -- 11/29/2006 8:58:36 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Seeking Allied opponent for scenario 158 - 11/27/2006 4:13:02 PM   
SGT Swanson

I'l play you if your willing to go with a 1 day turn cycle.

As for the house rules:

#1 China should be exempt from this as they've been fighting since 1934.

#4 is invalid as you have to do that anyway on both counts.

8. No 2 engine Bomber units allowed to upgrade to 4 engine bombers as the allies. 

Historical Plane upgrades makes this one invalid.  There are plenty of 2E bombers that historically upgraded to 4E bombers.

12. Stacking limit of 100 planes per airfield level and no more then 500 carrier born planes in one hex

The game is hard coded to limit how many can be used reguardless of how many are currently at the base.

If your willing to make these changes, then I'm game.

sgt.swanson@leswanson.org

SGT Swanson
U.S. Army, Infantry
B Co 4/502d Inf. Berlin BDE (87-90)
A Co 5/502d Inf. Berlin BDE (90-93)
B Co 2/502d Inf. 101st Airborne Div. (93-95)

"Because freedom is NEVER free!!"

(in reply to Jzanes)
Post #: 2
RE: Seeking Allied opponent for scenario 158 - 11/28/2006 1:41:12 AM   
Jzanes

I sent you an emal sgt. swanson but in case it doesn't go thru...

I'm ok with all your terms with the minor exception that the Chinese not be allowed to move any units into or towards Burma or any other allied base on turn 1 but can move as they like within china or towards a japanese held base on the first turn.

if this is ok, i'll send you the first turn as soon as I can set it up.

Jason.

(in reply to SGT Swanson)
Post #: 3
RE: Seeking Allied opponent for scenario 158 - 11/28/2006 2:09:54 AM   
SGT Swanson

Works for me.

No Email as yet though.

SGT Swanson
U.S. Army, Infantry
B Co 4/502d Inf. Berlin BDE (87-90)
A Co 5/502d Inf. Berlin BDE (90-93)
B Co 2/502d Inf. 101st Airborne Div. (93-95)

"Because freedom is NEVER free!!"

(in reply to Jzanes)
Post #: 4
RE: Seeking Allied opponent for scenario 158 - 11/29/2006 8:50:36 PM   
Jzanes

opponent found.  thread closed.

(in reply to SGT Swanson)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Seeking Allied opponent for scenario 158- closed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI