Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wish List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: Wish List Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wish List - 12/8/2006 7:45:12 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: carnifex

I wish I could change the flags for things like siege artillery and all the other units for whom the flag change pop-up only contains the option to <cancel>.

it can be done

Attachment (1)

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 151
RE: Wish List - 12/8/2006 7:46:53 PM   
Hard Sarge

alt click, on a leader or siege gun and then click on a inf unit, and then pick a flag

once you get a flag for the inf unit, click F and all units that were Alt Clicked will change to that flag

you will have to click on something else to see the change

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 152
RE: Wish List - 12/8/2006 8:44:37 PM   
elmo3

Speaking of flags, after a quick look last night it seemed like some Union State flags were missing. Please consider adding them.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 153
RE: Wish List - 12/8/2006 10:16:05 PM   
marecone

Sorry if this was already posted somewhere.
Ok. About the stats. It sure would be nice at the end of the war to get some stats. Like casulties, wounded, cities taken or burned, ships sunk etc. I belive that wouldn't be too complicated to do and it would add much to the game.
Second idea is for combat report. After the battle it would be nice to get a name of a brigade that was the best on the field.
And third... I can't wait to see those bios in some future patch. If I get some more time, I'll contact you Gil to volunteer again

P.S. Thanks for the patch agin

"I have never, on the field of battle, sent you where I was unwilling to go myself; nor would I now advise you to a course which I felt myself unwilling to pursue."

Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 154
RE: Wish List - 12/8/2006 11:12:09 PM   
carnifex

quote:

alt click, on a leader or siege gun and then click on a inf unit, and then pick a flag

once you get a flag for the inf unit, click F and all units that were Alt Clicked will change to that flag

thanks! 

now to add my own:

(in reply to marecone)
Post #: 155
RE: Wish List - 12/8/2006 11:57:44 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: marecone

Ok. About the stats. It sure would be nice at the end of the war to get some stats. Like casulties, wounded, cities taken or burned, ships sunk etc. I belive that wouldn't be too complicated to do and it would add much to the game.
Second idea is for combat report. After the battle it would be nice to get a name of a brigade that was the best on the field.
And third... I can't wait to see those bios in some future patch. If I get some more time, I'll contact you Gil to volunteer again

I would like that myself

(in reply to marecone)
Post #: 156
RE: Wish List - 12/9/2006 12:00:19 AM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

Speaking of flags, after a quick look last night it seemed like some Union State flags were missing. Please consider adding them.

if you have some pics of some of flags please post them, the designers have said if they can find more, they are willing to try and add them

I thought Gil had said he would set up a Flap post for them ???

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 157
RE: Wish List - 12/9/2006 12:01:26 AM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: carnifex

quote:

thanks!

now to add my own:

your welcome, took me a while to find that trick myself :)

if you get that flag in, find some place to post it, I would like a copy too :)

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 158
RE: Wish List - 12/9/2006 1:12:05 AM   
moose1999

How about being able to exchange weapons between units in the same province.
I have wanted to do that many times.
I know there's an upgrading discount (upgrading from Minies to Springfields costs less than from muskets to Springfields) but it's a very small discount and isn't very realistic. 

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 159
RE: Wish List - 12/9/2006 3:12:08 AM   
spruce

I wish that impressing should be handled different - impressed goods should become available as soon as you impress ... the incentive will be that the goverment is pushing to get the badly needed resources for an urgent project. Meaning the goods are available immediately - meaning chances for succes and danger are immediately resolved.

Impressment is not logical imho, cause it takes into account a certain risk (I lost my capitol in Alabama) to plan something that you will building the next turn - cause the revenues are for the next turn and then the situation is often totally different.

< Message edited by spruce -- 12/9/2006 3:20:18 AM >

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 160
RE: Wish List - 12/9/2006 5:43:05 AM   
pixelpusher

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

if you have some pics of some of flags please post them, the designers have said if they can find more, they are willing to try and add them
I thought Gil had said he would set up a Flap post for them ???

Many states did not yet have flags at the time of the American Civil War.

Please post flags at this link: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1314440

If you post them there I'll add them to the flags file ... which will be updated by future patch/update. (Probably the one where all the generals info gets in.)

Thanks!

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 161
RE: Wish List - 12/9/2006 10:24:13 AM   
Roger Neilson II

Can we PLEASEhave either windowed mode play or the ability to define screen resolution?

Roger

(in reply to pixelpusher)
Post #: 162
RE: Wish List - 12/10/2006 9:21:26 AM   
Joram

1. Windowed mode.  I have a dual screen setup and it doesn't play very well with full screen applications. 
2. A way to undo something (build, move, whatever) without having to undo every freakin thing before it.  You have a way to inspect orders, can't you just put an "x" there to erase those orders?
3. I'm tempted to call this a bug but you shouldn't even be able to select railroad movement if you have a fleet.  Furthermore, if you had rail on, it should automatically unselect when you select a fleet.
4. Instead of going to the battle report, you should be able to drill down on the battle from the event viewer.
5. In the event viewer, it should at least give you the option of displaying the reason why something you ordered failed to move (whether winter, supply, initiative or what).
6. An option for city names to be displayed on the map, even if just when mouse'd over.  I realize this mainly just an issue for river provinces as most land provinces are named after the city but regardless, it would be nice.
7. Zoom/unzoom feature for main map
8. In detailed battle, clearer visual when something is out of command, it's really hard to tell and since you have it set so that when you click the "get in command" button on something that doesn't need it, you waste it.  Maybe that's a bug but regardless, it's damn hard to tell when something is out of command. 
9. When looking at the window that shows supply, it would be nice if you could click the unit and it would take you there.
10.  When something is out of supply, need a message in the event viewer or at least in the supply window.  Right now, the only way to tell is by looking at the unit history after you notice the disposition dropping. 
11. In addition or alternative to #10, a simple graphic that shows if a region is in supply or not.
12. On the city list screen, it would be nice if you clicked the city name, it would open the city screen and/or take you there on the map.
13. On the detailed battle map, need a command to hide troops for a variety of reasons.
14.  On the detailed battle map, would be nice to have a message on whether you successfully entrenched or not.  It's hard to see the graphic representation sometimes.
15. Would be nice to see a more detailed siege casualty list.  As in which one of your brigades got blown away instead of just a total casualty list.

I'm sure I'll think of more but that's it for now.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 163
RE: Wish List - 12/10/2006 2:40:14 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

Another thing I'd love to see in the game is a "Production Spreadsheet" variant of the "City" sheet. One that would give a list of current active "buildings" and "units" in the game, plus what was in production and at what stage (time to completion). Plus which locations had various "bonus buildings" (like universities) in them. And the current levels of research and how many bonus buildings you "in production".

Someplace you could go to check on and handle ALL your economic decisions at one time with all the necessary information available. So I wouldn't be tripping over legal pads full of notes...

Another vote for that excellent suggestion, and (please) to enable it to run in a window.

I'd like to see a third option for generals' abilities, somewhere between historical and random.. or 'variable historic'. That way you could still go for your favourite 'historical' generals with a reasonable idea of what they are like, but still need to keep a good look out for disappointments (e.g 'Granny' Lee might stay that way, etc) or others who might actually be better (bursting with initiative, McClellan might be the next Nappy after all, etc). Just changing one stat randomly in a few cases could make a big difference that would only become obvious over time.

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 164
RE: Wish List - 12/10/2006 3:33:33 PM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

Another thing I'd love to see in the game is a "Production Spreadsheet" variant of the "City" sheet. One that would give a list of current active "buildings" and "units" in the game, plus what was in production and at what stage (time to completion). Plus which locations had various "bonus buildings" (like universities) in them. And the current levels of research and how many bonus buildings you "in production".

Someplace you could go to check on and handle ALL your economic decisions at one time with all the necessary information available. So I wouldn't be tripping over legal pads full of notes...

Another vote for that excellent suggestion, and (please) to enable it to run in a window.

Thanks for the support. Another such spreadsheet that enabled you to view ALL your leaders at once (assigned and unassigned, instead of just unassigned as current) and re-assign their commands from as well would be great. Sifting back and forth all over the map to find the guy you wanted to swap out is a nuisance. Spreadsheets have been around for a long time, and this game cries out for more of them, and for much more interaction while you are in them. This could have been SO much more "user-friendly" and simpler to play than it is...

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 165
RE: Wish List - 12/10/2006 3:39:50 PM   
Mike Scholl

Please make the Naval Portion more like the ACW and less like the Russo-Japanese War.

1) Please remove from the Scenario OB's all the Confederate "Fleet" containers and "Ships". They just don't belong..., the South couldn't fight that kind of High Seas Naval War. Instead, give the Rebel's improved armaments in 7 "Coastal Province Forts" and one or two "River Forts" to reflect the presense of supporting "gunboats". This is a much more accurate reflection of how the South used what "Naval Assets" it possessed....

Post #: 166
RE: Wish List - 12/10/2006 3:55:46 PM   
Mike Scholl

As the suggestion above makes "Frigates" virtually worthless, how about changing them into something that would be reflective of the ACW? Allow the South to build them as single-ship "Commerce Raider" units. And the Union to build them as single-ship "Cruizers" to pursue the "Raiders". The costs could be less (as single-ship units), maybe 50-10-50-0 or something (Iron needs to be high, as the South's Maratime Engine Production was pitifull and this best reflects it). But the South might recieve 2-3 over the course of the War from England as "freebies".

If the South can get a "Raider" out past the "blockade", then it would then have a 50% chance of "capturing" one of the Union's "Diplomacy Coins" every turn, fouling up their foriegn affairs efforts. And every "Cruizer" the Union puts out to sea would have a 15% chance of catching and eliminating a Southern "Raider" each turn. This would be much more like the "commerce war" the South really waged on the High Seas than the Game's current naval system. It would "feel" like the ACW.

Post #: 167
RE: Wish List - 12/10/2006 4:53:45 PM   
Hertston

quote:

Another such spreadsheet that enabled you to view ALL your leaders at once (assigned and unassigned, instead of just unassigned as current) and re-assign their commands from as well would be great.

Another very good idea.

One more suggestion, I'd like to see a facility to input your own results from battles. The usual reason for that is to allow players to resolve them with a miniatures game, but personally I'd use it to fight particular battles (or their nearest equivalent) using the HPS ACW games, or indeed the Battleground ones, as I'm not a huge fan of the in-game tactical module.

Post #: 168
RE: Wish List - 12/10/2006 6:49:18 PM   
MorningDew

quote:

ORIGINAL: marecone

Yes! I was bummed that, after playing the entire game, I didn't get a final chance to review reports/results.

(in reply to marecone)
Post #: 169
RE: Wish List - 12/10/2006 8:07:21 PM   
marecone

Ok Matrix team. Andrew is the third pearson asking for this, including Hard Sarge and me. Please do it
Thanks

"I have never, on the field of battle, sent you where I was unwilling to go myself; nor would I now advise you to a course which I felt myself unwilling to pursue."

Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to MorningDew)
Post #: 170
RE: Wish List - 12/10/2006 10:43:06 PM   
incbob

I am sure what I am going to say are repeats, but I want to assure that the Matrix-CIV group knows there are more people that want it.

A Zoom function for the main map.
An Easier way to undo accidental builds. Perhaps clicking on the item again.
Fix the Tennessee-Mississippi River province. The reason I say this is because once you get a couple of units in the provice it is very hard to select the provice. Also, everytime when I play the CSA the USA invades and immediately sieges Ft. Harris. Shouldn't they have to start with Isand No 10?

(in reply to marecone)
Post #: 171
RE: Wish List - 12/11/2006 12:33:12 PM   
soeren01

Could you add a filter to the city list to just display citys with the selected kind of buildings, like it is done on the military screeen for the different types of units ?

soeren01, formerly known as Soeren
CoG FoF
PacWar WIR BoB BTR UV WITP WITE WITW

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 172
RE: Wish List - 12/11/2006 4:14:29 PM   
incbob

A way to put reinforcements directly where you want them. Untie the Reinforcements and Supply combination.

I am playing with the Generals having hidden ratings. I have no problem how it was done, however, after a certain amount of time having the General in charge of something I should get a clue to how good or bad they are.

When you disband a unit do you get any extra reinforcements, weapons, or does it just disappear? It would be nice if when we disband a brigade we could reinforce another brigade.

Oh yea, and one other thing. Have the training upgrades show their effect on Quick Combat. I use Quick Combat and don't care for DC. So when I choose the training that allows me to change facing what effect does that have on QC?

< Message edited by incbob -- 12/11/2006 4:25:15 PM >

(in reply to soeren01)
Post #: 173
RE: Wish List - 12/11/2006 6:17:30 PM   
Hard Sarge

in Quick combat, have you right clicked on your units ? it brings up details on what the unit is skilled at

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 174
RE: Wish List - 12/11/2006 8:40:20 PM   
Gil R.

Thanks for the suggestions. We're still in a debugging mode (having fixed the critical bugs, it's now time to crush the lesser bugs), and then will be able to begin sifting through these ideas and determining which to implement. Some of these appear to be relatively simple to add, others much more difficult. But I can see a bunch of them ending up in future patches.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 175
RE: Wish List - 12/12/2006 1:42:16 AM   
Mike Scholl

Fix the map.    Fort Henry should be in Tennessee, not in Kentucky (where it helps send the State to the Union.   And Richmond is not a port in the sense of the game.  And certainly not one that requires "blockading" individually, as a Naval Squadron at Hampton Roads cuts both Richmond and Norfolk off from the sea.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 176
RE: Wish List - 12/12/2006 2:01:26 AM   
Mike Scholl

Make better use of spreadsheet technology.   The need to cross-manapulate data in the game is quite intensive, and the Spreadsheets included (and not included) aren't nearly as helpfull as they could be.   Take the "Cities List"   It brings up all your cities, but it doesn't tell you what buildings are already there.   It would be great if it had symbols or abreviations for at least those "buildings" that provided "bonuses".   At worst, it should be possible to "double click" a city name and be taken to the "City List" entry for that town.  Now you have to change lists, then find the city your looking for again.   Very clumsy.

And why don't we have a "Command Spreadsheet" which lists all our "leaders" (asssigned and unassigned); their stats and rank and assignments; and allow them to be re-assigned and promoted/demoted from that screen.   "Juggling your leaders" around under the present system is very "not user friendly".   There are other examples as well, and I'm sure others will mention them---but the user interface seems unnecessarily "kludgy".

Post #: 177
RE: Wish List - 12/12/2006 3:04:16 AM   
Artmiser

First I have no problem with govenors and there requests, but...

A few things could be improved.

1. Govenors requests need to have a grace period before negative impacts. I had to build a mantion to build his building and was taking negative hits while doing it.

2. Govenors can only request buildings every so many turns, I have one Govenor who asked for a barracks, so im building it. And before its finished hes asking for another building, and he only has one town I can build in.

3. Assign "ranks" to buildings like generals, so higher rank items give bigger bonuses. After two banks the Govenor of DE only improved I think about 10. I notice that if you promote a general to 4 stars you get a bigger shift then if you had promoted one to 2 stars. Be nice if it was the same with buildings, if its that way now im just missing it.

Feel free to correct me if any of my assumptions are incorrect.

Former Marine
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Wargamer untill I die

(in reply to Williamb)
Post #: 178
RE: Wish List - 12/12/2006 3:25:31 AM   
Texashawk

I would too like to see a zoom, but more of a 'intermediate' zoom that lets you see maybe 1/4 of the map at a time to make it easier for long army movements/more strategic picture. I think the default view is quite close enough.

(in reply to Artmiser)
Post #: 179
RE: Wish List - 12/12/2006 3:26:59 AM   
JaguarUSF

A very anti-climactic end to a long game...I won as the CSA with the November 1864 elections putting me over the top, along with a major victory in Knoxville. I had taken over Kentucky, most of Missouri, and Pennsylvania by the time the elections rolled around. I would like to see an end-of-game summary, so that I can see exactly _how_ I won (although I pretty much know from the victory rules). Having a stats screen or the ability to peruse the map after a long and hard war would be much appreciated.

(in reply to Williamb)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: Wish List Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI