Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why Can't Conf Forces Enter Annapolis

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Why Can't Conf Forces Enter Annapolis Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why Can't Conf Forces Enter Annapolis - 12/3/2006 3:01:25 AM   
ElGuapo

I really do enjoy this game, given that I am still struggling to figure most of it out, but I am still confounded on a few points. Why can I not place Confederate forces in Annapolis? I am playing with basic rules. My forces just get moved back out. With as much problems as I've had trying to figure this out I wonder whether the game should have offered some sort of explanation box when you can't move somewhere ie. "You cannot move forces into Annapolis due to XXX". Other games have notices like this and it helps because then you understand why the system is not letting you do something. With FOF you really have no idea.
Post #: 1
RE: Why Can't Conf Forces Enter Annapolis - 12/3/2006 3:03:21 AM   
slybelle

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElGuapo

I really do enjoy this game, given that I am still struggling to figure most of it out, but I am still confounded on a few points. Why can I not place Confederate forces in Annapolis? I am playing with basic rules. My forces just get moved back out. With as much problems as I've had trying to figure this out I wonder whether the game should have offered some sort of explanation box when you can't move somewhere ie. "You cannot move forces into Annapolis due to XXX". Other games have notices like this and it helps because then you understand why the system is not letting you do something. With FOF you really have no idea.

I'll second that. Several times I try and move somewhere and it doesn't happen. But I have no idea why. Notification would be great to help learn the game rules.

(in reply to ElGuapo)
Post #: 2
RE: Why Can't Conf Forces Enter Annapolis - 12/3/2006 5:04:09 AM   
Hard Sarge

there is post in the bug section something like this

where are you at, that you are trying to move into Annaoplis,if it is Cumberland, there may be manned forts in Cumberland

(hold the mouse over the area and it will tell you how many troops are in the area, if FOW is turned off)

if there is a Manned fort in the area, you can not pass though it

from Frederickersburg, you should be able to march into Annaoplis

(in reply to slybelle)
Post #: 3
RE: Why Can't Conf Forces Enter Annapolis - 12/3/2006 5:09:01 AM   
ElGuapo

Yes, I finally figured that out. Thank you! However, it still doesn't make any sense. Just because there is a fort in a region that shouldn't mean that you can't pass through it. Unless the fort is the size of the Death Star I don't see the reasoning for rules like this. It's one thing to take possession of a province that has a fort in it-I can see how you would need to take the fort first in that situation. But, to not be able to avoid a fort that is 30 miles away or so makes no sense.

< Message edited by ElGuapo -- 12/3/2006 5:13:27 AM >

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 4
RE: Why Can't Conf Forces Enter Annapolis - 12/3/2006 5:12:26 AM   
Hard Sarge

Rules are rules I guess, the main Idea for most forts is for the river areas, if there is a Fort on the river, you have to take the fort before you can pass by on that river

(in reply to ElGuapo)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Why Can't Conf Forces Enter Annapolis Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI