Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CHS Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> CHS Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CHS Questions - 12/6/2006 2:45:22 PM   
Kapten Q

Why do Japanese Infantry divisions not have any TOE engineers? I find it absurd that an Infantry division can't dig in at all. Sure they have combat engineers but they do not build forts in bases or outside bases in this game model.

Why do Japanese carriers uppgrade to carry 5 inch ground assault rockets? Would personaly not include them in a assault TF. And US LCI(R) etc has their 5 inch ground assault rockets listed as ASW weapons, why? In the database the 5 inch rocket is listed as an ss-rocket. Does this mean ASW rocket or surface to surface rocket?

Q
Post #: 1
RE: CHS Questions - 12/6/2006 3:57:30 PM   
Terminus

SS rocket means "surface to surface" but you can just ignore them. None of the rockets in the game, stock or otherwise, function properly.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Kapten Q)
Post #: 2
RE: CHS Questions - 12/6/2006 5:18:15 PM   
Iron Duke

Hi,

These are Database errors that have been with us since the game was released. Hopefully sometime in the future an official database correction patch will be released correcting these mistakes.
As Terminus has stated in stock they don't work , however they may work in RHS Mod as ElCid has redifined device 083 - 5" Rocket as a Naval Gun for use on LCI(R)'s and created an 'AA Gun' device called 4.7in Rocket for japanese CV's.

cheers

"Bombers outpacing fighters - you've got to bloody well laugh!" Australian Buffalo pilot - Singapore

(in reply to Kapten Q)
Post #: 3
RE: CHS Questions - 12/6/2006 6:31:41 PM   
Terminus

The problem with rocket-firing landing craft are not the rockets, but the landing craft themselves; the mission they're supposed to fulfill isn't functioning properly. So it doesn't really matter if Cid's done anything to them.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Iron Duke)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> CHS Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI