Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... - 1/8/2007 7:37:59 PM   
Amaroq

quote:

ORIGINAL: galaril
Looking forward to the next version of PS after getting the last two. One thing I would like are distinct personality types for GM's in game and if possible add coaches at least the team manager. I think adding batting coaches,scouts and pitching coaches could be a latter improvement, but really want to see teams have a more dinctive style based on their GMs not just on some pre built profiles like games like PC strategy games do ala Galactic Civilizations 2.

Your game really is great in-game,historical replay and graphically but the game needs a little more GM style for the Theo Epstein types out there;)

Agreed. Shaun and I have talked about this to some extent, and I think he's got far more ideas on the topic than time to implement them. As a big GM-player myself, I'd love to see it, but I have to concede it might not be an '08 priority.

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 61
RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... - 1/8/2007 7:45:16 PM   
Amaroq

Spring Training - what about the idea to sign non-roster invitees?

Essentially, I'm imagining the ability to sign 'fringe' players, veterans who have used up all of their minor-league eligibility, and who, by the end of the free agency period, have had their salary demand drop to the 'league minimum', to a one-year, not-guaranteed, minor-league contract.

Use this to have all AI and human teams go over the roster limit for Spring Training, then have to cut players to get down to the roster limit.

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 62
RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... - 1/9/2007 1:10:42 AM   
galaril

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amaroq

quote:

ORIGINAL: galaril
Looking forward to the next version of PS after getting the last two. One thing I would like are distinct personality types for GM's in game and if possible add coaches at least the team manager. I think adding batting coaches,scouts and pitching coaches could be a latter improvement, but really want to see teams have a more dinctive style based on their GMs not just on some pre built profiles like games like PC strategy games do ala Galactic Civilizations 2.

Your game really is great in-game,historical replay and graphically but the game needs a little more GM style for the Theo Epstein types out there;)

Agreed. Shaun and I have talked about this to some extent, and I think he's got far more ideas on the topic than time to implement them. As a big GM-player myself, I'd love to see it, but I have to concede it might not be an '08 priority.

That is too bad. So, I will have to look at gasp OOTP next game for this type of baseball game:(

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 63
RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... - 1/9/2007 6:40:07 AM   
gekko485

I would like an option to manage both teams when playing a manual game. I realize a lot of other games do this. But, this would definitely make Pure Sim my game of choice.
Thanks.

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 64
RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... - 1/9/2007 1:12:11 PM   
puresimmer

The last few posts certainly sum up the challenges of designing PureSim. A few guys want more focus on the pure GM aspect of the game followed by a post where somebody wants to be able to manage both teams in an individual game :)

Keep the suggestions coming, this is an excellent thread (like 99% of the threads around here).

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to gekko485)
Post #: 65
RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... - 1/9/2007 8:03:45 PM   
PadresFan104

What about that guy that keeps pushing for better PbP, a cohesive UI, and a gamecast screen that supports enhanced customization.

PadresFan's Text Sim Mod Website: http://www.padresfanmods.net
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/padresfanmods

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 66
RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... - 1/9/2007 11:46:39 PM   
Amaroq

You write him off as one of those San Diego nuts...

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 67
RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... - 1/10/2007 3:10:39 AM   
puresimmer

Guys, next time I am in SD I say we all head out for a cold one.

I'm usually there once or twice a year.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 68
RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... - 1/10/2007 4:28:25 AM   
akcranker

I'll fly down from Alaska for that get together 

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 69
RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... - 1/10/2007 6:20:58 AM   
PadresFan104

Most definitely!

PadresFan's Text Sim Mod Website: http://www.padresfanmods.net
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/padresfanmods

(in reply to akcranker)
Post #: 70
RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... - 1/10/2007 6:21:46 AM   
dneely

Hey Shaun,

Does your work ever take you to Phoenix???

DNeely

PureSim Vet

(in reply to akcranker)
Post #: 71
Suggestions . . . - 1/10/2007 7:22:49 AM   
Crimguy

I don't have the full version, but have been playing the demo all week.  Also visited a couple of the fan sites.

I noticed the HTML produced by the game (almanac?).  Very nice.  I think it would be a good feature to have some place to add the name of the manager of the team for multiplayer reasons.  It would also be nice to track the (real-world) manager's stats across associations, so that you could see your stats overall as well.

Also saw you can play out a week, a month, and a year.  I am finding 2 weeks would be a good time interval as well.

Finally, I saw you are having a quick links section to be added to all the pages.  Would it be possible to make those links customizeable via preferences, so that you could pick what you want there?  Or have the game monitor your most frequently viewed pages and dynamically change those links?

Great game.  Color me in on 2008!

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 72
RE: Suggestions . . . - 1/10/2007 6:28:36 PM   
Amaroq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crimguy
Also saw you can play out a week, a month, and a year. I am finding 2 weeks would be a good time interval as well.

You can pick any arbitrary date and 'sim until' that date; I often do something close to two weeks, but usually timed to a specific 'off day', as I'll rejuggle my pitching rotation to skip whomever I currently want to skip.

I'd rather have 'Sim Until Next Offday/double-header' as an option.

quote:

Or have the game monitor your most frequently viewed pages and dynamically change those links?

Now that is one SWEET idea...

< Message edited by Amaroq -- 1/10/2007 6:39:40 PM >

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 73
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: First topic: 40 Man rosters etc... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI