Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

XML - GM AI "Promotion Activity"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> XML - GM AI "Promotion Activity" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
XML - GM AI "Promotion Activity" - 12/12/2006 2:35:54 AM   
Nukester

In the XML file there is a blub about the GM AI, and it says:
quote:

<!-- Increase the Activity attribute in the GM_AI number above 15 for more activity
and below 15 for less
GM Activity involves moves such as promotions/demotions, Free Agent Signings, and Trades
(Note Activity must be an integer between 1 and 100

-->
<!-- New in PureSim 2003 v1.3 Added "PromotionActivity" attribute which controls how often
the AI will promote/demote players. 100 Is the default, lower this number to decrease the amount of
promotions and demotions.
-->
<GM_AI Activity="15" PromotionActivity="85">

It says that the default "promotion activity" is 100 and to decrease that to decrease the number of promotions/demotions, but below that it is set to 85. I dont think that Ive changed that in my XML, so Im pretty sure that is how the default XML is set.

I also see that the "GM_AI Activity" and the "PromotionActivity" add up to 100. What Id like to do is setup my league with no financials, but would like to increase the number of trades done signfigantly, so as to have some extra player movement via trades instead of FA. I was going to experiment with the GM_Activity and make it 45 and see how many trades there are. I dont necessarily want to increase the number of promotions/demotions though, so would I leave the "PromotionActivity" at 85, or would I need to drop that down to 55 (to make the two equal 100) ?

Anyone ever play around with this setting ?
Post #: 1
RE: XML - GM AI "Promotion Activity" - 12/12/2006 2:46:03 AM   
Amaroq

I haven't played around with that, no.

I think by "100 is the default", Shaun means that 100 is what he originally set it to. He tweaks the values, however, as other changes occur, so he may have decided to make promotion/demotion happen more often, and so he changed the shipping-version XML to contain 85.

I also think that the fact that they add up to 100 is pure coincidence. I could well be wrong.

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 2
RE: XML - GM AI "Promotion Activity" - 12/12/2006 3:08:09 AM   
Nukester

Even further down is this:
quote:

<!-- The TRADEAI Aggregate contains elements that can be used to tweak computer GM trade AI -->
<TRADEAI>
<!-- Default = 1.25, increase to increase the frequency and aggressiveness of computer GM trading -->
<!-- "No trades will be made until at least [MinGames] have been played -->
<TRADEFREQUENCY Value="1.25" MinGames="21"/>
<!-- <TRADEFREQUENCY Value="999991.25" MinGames="1"/> -->

Now Im wondering which is better to adjust, the "GM_Activity" or the "TRADEFREQUENCY" ? Im going to start with the "tradefrequency" first since that should only be looking at trades, and not the promotion/demotion stuff.

< Message edited by Nukester -- 12/12/2006 3:19:42 AM >

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 3
RE: XML - GM AI "Promotion Activity" - 12/13/2006 2:27:43 AM   
lynchjm24

If you want to increase trades, increase the trade frequency.

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 4
RE: XML - GM AI "Promotion Activity" - 12/13/2006 2:36:29 AM   
lynchjm24

There used to be a value for how close the AI would run up against their salary cap. I imagine that giving them a little more room against the cap would help increase trading as well - as that many more potential deals are available.

(in reply to lynchjm24)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> XML - GM AI "Promotion Activity" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI