Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Graphics Cards and Drivers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Graphics Cards and Drivers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Graphics Cards and Drivers - 12/13/2006 7:34:48 AM   
David Winter

Ahh.. the joy of PC hardware

As Maximum-Football ownership grows, it's going to be installed on a larger and larger variety of hardware configurations. Unforuntately, as many of us have come to understand, not all hardware/driver configurations work for all software. Maximum-Football, is no different there.

Maximum-Football makes heavy use of the PC's graphics adaptor. This is the card in your computer your monitor plugs into, and is responsible for displaying everything you see. In the case of 3D games, it's also responsible for doing all the very low level work of turning a bunch of points and triangles, into players on the field. The better your graphics card, the better the performance the game will have.

Video Card memory; Some video cards are 'integrated' into the main board of the computer and share memory with the system. Maximum-Football needs a minimum of 64 MB of video memory to load the games textures (the bitmap images that make up the buttons, grids, logos, uniforms, and all other game art). 128 is better because it allows for loading the textures for the stadiums with higher details ("3D fans"). Integrated cards share memory with Windows. This is not the best solution because Windows needs usually wins out in the battle of who gets access to most of the memory.

In this thread I hope to be able to capture problems with video cards and driver combinations. Hopefully it will also provide solutions or work arounds to those problems.

In this particular message, I'm going to be posting hardware and driver configurations that either I or the community have found to be problematic. As well as any solutions or work arounds that may have been found.

I would encourage users that have had graphics card related issues to post them here.

quote:

----------------------
nVidia Geforce 4 TI 128 + driver version 93.71

Shadow Corruption. With this hardware/driver combination, Maximum-Football needs to be played with shadow details set to none. Otherwise, shadows will not render in their correct locations causing a lot of graphical artifacts on the screen.

Driver version 81.98 does not have this problem.

UPDATE: With some help from nVidia it looks like this problem may be solved. There needs to be further testing to ensure my changes haven't broken anything else, but if all goes well, the fix should be in one of the next releases and you can play with shadows again.

< Message edited by David Winter -- 12/14/2006 4:37:11 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Graphics Cards and Drivers - 7/13/2012 2:20:41 PM   
kimmstreep

Yeah its true...My lappy has no graphic card and i really need to use it because u know its fun time my colleges are over and i want to play soccer game on my lappy..Where i install it..??

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Graphics Cards and Drivers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI