Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible Bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Possible Bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible Bug - 12/15/2006 5:43:50 AM   
buffewo

In the Tenn-Miss River Province I currently have about 57000 troops and control 3 of the 4 forts. Ft. Harris has an American flag over it from an earlier conflict with the Army of Illinois. It has no troops in it yet it seems to be blocking my production in Memphis. How do I get rid of this encroachment. My troops don't want to attack I suppose because no Union troops are in the fort. Any advice??

Regards
Roger
Post #: 1
RE: Possible Bug - 12/15/2006 5:47:27 AM   
Gil R.

This isn't a bug. If the Union took one of your forts before you drove off their army then it remains in Union hands until you besiege it and retake it.

(in reply to buffewo)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible Bug - 12/15/2006 8:28:49 AM   
Twotribes

What he is saying ( it appears) is that he CANT besiege it. I had that problem in Paducah with the CSA, they had 2 forts and it would only let me besiege one, though it listed 2 ( if I tried both nothng happened) eventually when I conquered the one I did besiege the other fell automatically.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Possible Bug - 12/15/2006 10:12:42 AM   
Gil R.

Buffewo, what do you mean by "My troops don't want to attack"? Have you tried to give your army in the province an order to initiate a siege against that USA fort? It doesn't matter if no USA troops are garrisoning the fort -- you don't get it back until you send in your army to reclaim it. If you have tried this and the game refuse to besiege the fort, that would be a bug, but it would be a surprising one because this type of situation has come up numerous times in the past and no one ever reported problems reclaiming forts that had temporarily been held by the enemy.

Twotribes, if this happens again please report it in the Support sub-forum and send Eric the save files. (The only thing I can think of is that to carry one two sieges requires two separate army/corps/division containers, but I assume you know that and were not trying to give siege orders to the same unit twice.)

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 4
RE: Possible Bug - 12/15/2006 10:51:50 AM   
Hard Sarge

I think for different seiges at the same time, you need to have different units, a Corps with 3 Divs in it, can not have each Div siege a different Fort, but 3 Divs by themselfs could

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 5
RE: Possible Bug - 12/15/2006 2:38:24 PM   
Twotribes

I split a Division off my Army.... so had 2 seperate containers ( though I must admit the first time I tried using a division inside the army ) I tried this 3 maybe 4 times, each time it simply did nothing. Finally I ordered the Army to attack one fort and did nothing to the second fort.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 6
RE: Possible Bug - 12/15/2006 3:40:03 PM   
ericbabe

I may have fixed this, but can't be sure.  Would you mind zipping your save game files (.sve and .rep) and sending them to ericbabe@west-civ.com?  If you could mention what the bug is in the e-mail and also describe it briefly in the subject line, that'd be very helpful.

NB: Please report bugs in the Support area.  There's so much traffic on the main forum that I'm not able to keep up with all the threads there, but I do try thoroughly to read every post in the Support area.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 7
RE: Possible Bug - 12/15/2006 4:18:48 PM   
buffewo

Well I guess that confirms the existence of the 'stupidity' gene in my family. Never thought to do a siege. I was thinking that just the presence of an enemy in the province would trigger combat. Oh well. Some people just don't belong in this line of work. I tried the siege and Ft. Harris is again back in 'reb' control. Thanks all for your help.

Regards
Roger

(in reply to buffewo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Possible Bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI