Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another 53 Man Roster Problem...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> Another 53 Man Roster Problem... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another 53 Man Roster Problem... - 12/17/2006 12:44:11 AM   
boggyjr

Some of you have probably read my other post about a problem with my XFL League not starting up properly, and the game locking up as soon as the game had finished the "Processing Training Camp" screen.

I resetted the league, switched back to the original 40 Man Roster (35 Draft Rounds) that my XFL league had before this new patch, and it worked fine.

So there must be a problem with the 53 Man Roster and a 35 Round Draft...
Post #: 1
RE: Another 53 Man Roster Problem... - 12/17/2006 12:56:07 AM   
Tbird

53 man rosters we're added recently so you might be right

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 2
RE: Another 53 Man Roster Problem... - 12/17/2006 1:01:03 AM   
Tullius

I can test this scenario tomorrow but one problem could be caused by the team profile. At the end of the tc the AI shuffles the roster according the team profile. Is here a problem the game will perform a crash. The team profile should have 53 spots.

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 3
RE: Another 53 Man Roster Problem... - 12/17/2006 2:42:29 AM   
David Winter

Please post the exact sequence of events (starting with your 45 man roster before you switched to 53) so I can try and replicate the problem here and see where it's failing.

Thanks
David

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 4
RE: Another 53 Man Roster Problem... - 12/17/2006 3:46:27 AM   
boggyjr

From what I can remember, here it goes...

The original league setup was a 40 Man roster w/ a 35 Round draft, the maximum allowed before the beta patch came out a few days ago.

I loaded up the game for the first time after installing the newest beta release (1.3.120?), and reset the league. Then, I went into the league options, and changed the roster from 40 Man to the Newly added 53 man roster. I msaved it, and then hit "New Season". Everything went normally, up untill the draft. During the draft, you know how there's the big box on the bottom left corner of the screen, where all the names appear as the players were being drafted? Well, the rounds were going by extremely fast (fastest I've ever seen from an Auto Draft), and no player names were showing up. The auto draft finished in about 15 seconds, a lot faster than the 1-2 minutes it usually takes for an 8-team league.

Anyways, once the draft finished, I went to training camp. I simmed all of it, since I don't have any user controlled teams. All went well, but as the red bar got to the end of the screen to show that the "Processing Training Camp" phase had been completed, the game locked up. I tried simming training camp about 4 times, and it locked up every time. I reset the League every time after the game crashed, and it still kept locking up at the same spot in training camp.

I then reset the league, changed the roster size back to 40, and everything worked flawlessly. I just finished simming the 2nd year of the XFL in League Play.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 5
RE: Another 53 Man Roster Problem... - 12/17/2006 5:34:26 AM   
David Winter

Did you overwrite any of the files after installing build 1.3.120? Some people save out files to another location and put them back when they've updated the game in an attempt to not have to redo work. Did you by chance overwrite the maindata.mdb file?

The reason the training camp locked up is because the draft failed and you probably didn't have any players on the teams. I suspect the draft failed because the maindata.mdb file is missing data. I'm not sure why that would be yet though...

< Message edited by David Winter -- 12/17/2006 5:43:14 AM >

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 6
RE: Another 53 Man Roster Problem... - 12/17/2006 6:26:28 AM   
David Winter

Hi Again.

I've run some tests with Build 1.3.122 (which you do not have yet unfortunately) and everything looks to work.

- I started by manually opening the lge_usmfl.mdb file via Access and manually changed the draft rounds from 5 to 35. This allowed me to create a league that was initially set up the same as yours without going through any game mechanisms that may effect the outcome of the test.

- I started the game, and navigated to the league screen. From there I selected the default US rules league.

- I verified that the league was set to 45 man rosters, and 35 rounds for the draft.

- I reset the league.

- Editing the league via the league edit screen, I set the roster to 53 men and left the rounds at 35.

- Started a new season (players were created).

- Started the draft and used the automatic draft button to have the computer process all rounds. This proceeded as normal.

- After the draft was complete, I ran training camp. Again, this proceeded as normal.

- After training camp, all teams (they were all computer controlled teams) had 53 man rosters, with 5 players on the inactive list.

This ~should~ also be working for build 1.3.120 so the only thing I can think of is that there is data missing from your maindata.mdb file. It may not have been copied over properly when you did the install of 1.3.120.

If you email support@wintervalley.com with your email address, I will send you the maindata.mdb file I'm using. This will probably correct the problem you're having. I'd attach it here, but there is an attachment size limit and I can't attach zip files.

Thanks
David

Post #: 7
RE: Another 53 Man Roster Problem... - 12/17/2006 11:45:17 AM   
Tullius

I made the test, too and changed after the 4th season the roster size from 45 to 53. I had no crash or any problem.

Post #: 8
RE: Another 53 Man Roster Problem... - 12/17/2006 6:59:34 PM   
boggyjr

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

Did you overwrite any of the files after installing build 1.3.120? Some people save out files to another location and put them back when they've updated the game in an attempt to not have to redo work. Did you by chance overwrite the maindata.mdb file?

The reason the training camp locked up is because the draft failed and you probably didn't have any players on the teams. I suspect the draft failed because the maindata.mdb file is missing data. I'm not sure why that would be yet though...

Nope, didn't do any of that. Just installed the patch, loaded up the game, and attempted to simulate an XFL season with a larger roster...

Post #: 9
RE: Another 53 Man Roster Problem... - 12/17/2006 11:47:05 PM   
David Winter

Please zip up and email the league file as well as the maindata.mdb file to support@wintervalley.com and I'll have a look at what is going on.

It's possible that the installation package may not be updating this file properly. I'm not sure. All but one of the private testers has the required table. So we'll need to figure out why sometimes it updates, and sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks
David

< Message edited by David Winter -- 12/18/2006 12:04:40 AM >

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> Another 53 Man Roster Problem... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI