Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dont do this

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Dont do this Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dont do this - 12/18/2006 10:31:26 PM   
kwik

I been playing the demo for about a month,simming the 86 season.I managed every game played.I noticed players on the DL were not healing.No trades ,free agent moves,several other lil odds and ends didnt look quite right.During All Star break none of my players regained stamina etc etc etc.
Heres the deal.On each day of the schedule (demo schedule Im playing,i hadnt figured out you could import schedules yet,anyhow i was simming the games from the bottom of the schedule screen upwards,playing my games last.I got suspicious here on september 26th of my schedule and played yhe games in sequence.WALLA a thousand things happenin at once, guys being activated,sent to minors bla, bla bla.This is the demo so I dont know if this would be a factor if you have the full game.
Any hoo if you been playin this way and noticed anything goofy this is the deal.
I like the game alot,tweaked the xml and some other stuff,and its pretty darn good game.
Hope this tad of info will save anyone else from doing the same mistake.
Post #: 1
RE: Dont do this - 12/18/2006 11:21:06 PM   
Amaroq

Wow, sounds like a bug for Shaun to take a look at!

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 2
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 12:17:21 AM   
kwik

Well from the way i got it, looks its just that the last game on each day of schedule needs to be simulated, not managed.Seems the engine was not telling computer GMs the day was over.On the schedule Im playing(demo generated)every team plays on same days.,so any off days didnt seem to be registering.When I simmed the last game each day there were messages like :Milwaukee evaluating talent ,Oakland setting lineups or something like that,when I manage the last game on the day it just zipped right into next day....loading schedule was all it ever did.....

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 3
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 1:18:05 AM   
Amaroq

Yeah.

I'd noticed some odd things with the passage of time myself.

One particularly odd one is that the "players recuperate" is tied to the end of each game, not to the end of each calendar day.. so players 'recover' between games of a double-header!

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 4
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 2:46:38 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amaroq

Yeah.

I'd noticed some odd things with the passage of time myself.

One particularly odd one is that the "players recuperate" is tied to the end of each game, not to the end of each calendar day.. so players 'recover' between games of a double-header!

Yes -- this is the thing that causes problems with my "Golden Age" leagues -- the historical-schedule double-headers wreak havoc on pitching rotations. The notional "fifth (spot-) starter" is overlooked. Now, having off days could make up the difference, but it takes away a bit of the fun of being an everyday manager. I do NOT want to micromanage my opponents - that's the AI's job.

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 5
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 7:02:10 AM   
kwik

Lol, now my pitchers are recovering strength as the day ends.Player card will say he is completely exhausted before ending the days schedule,after progressing to next day he is just a little tired or worn out.Trying to adjust this with pitcher recovery tag in the xml,will see how it goes.....

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 6
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 7:28:29 AM   
kwik

Yep,pitchers are pickin up like a day of rest too fast.Should not go from completely exhausted to just worn out overnight,then good on day after that.This aint good,man i could play whole season with 3 starters this way.Also bullpen guys are gettin that extra rest too????.........

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 7
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 8:31:03 AM   
kwik

This change in yhe xml seemed to do the trick:

<!-- Pitcher Recovery Model -->
<!-- ====================================== -->
<!-- The values in the RECOVERY_PITCHER tag allow you to influence how fast starting pitchers
and relief pitchers recover between starts Note: the practical range is from 1 to 200
The default for both attributes is 100.

The higher the number, the faster the recovery
-->
<RECOVERY_PITCHER Recovery_Starter="64" Recovery_Reliever="50"/>

NOTE this will not effect how they fatigue during the game, just makes up for the recovery that got over night.

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 8
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 2:21:58 PM   
puresimmer

Are you running with the latest version of PureSim or something older?

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 9
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 3:12:56 PM   
puresimmer

By the way I just found your original bug! Yikes I with I saw that sooner.

1.51 here we come :)

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 10
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 3:29:05 PM   
kwik

Ive got the demo version, was assuming it was somewhat up to date? no?
So what your saying is only the demo would reflect these outcomes.Its playing out pretty darn close to right(made a few xml changes to it(demo).Pitcher Hook values,pinch hit probabilities for average computer GMs(was having too many PHs early in game), trade frequency,few other obvious xml changes i picked up on the boards here.Anyway all i can go by to judge is the Demo.I definitely love the game from what Ive seen .Plan to purchase the full version.
I didnt mean to confuse anyone here, originally this post was to inform anyone else that was having the problem with progression from day to day.(see original post^^^)
What I was saying was that if you managed all your games,dont quick sim all other games on the days schedule ,then manage yours last,cause the engine didnt seem to be progressing properly if played that way,if the last game on day screen was quick simmed then it reacted differently(players rested,injured guys healed some etc.)----I guess I should clartify that this would be with the demo version,just in case there are any other demo players(or in the full version also)experiencing said problem.LOL! that was a mouthfull wasnt it?
I played nearly a whole season that way before I realised what was goin on there.Thought maybe some other players might be doing this also.If you were letting it run on unattended simming you would never notice it anyway.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 11
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 3:32:15 PM   
kwik

So your saying there is something to this rant?lol

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 12
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 3:48:11 PM   
kwik

If this is an existing problem on full version it could cause trouble in playoffs and world seies where your game is only game on that day schedule screen and you managed it?
See what I mean here?Also this would show up in double header situations(pitchers getting more rest than should,recovering too quickly).Dont know yet,havent started off season or had schedule with double-headers yet but i did see some post where guys were discussing this.......the thing i did with the recovery tag was a good quick fix somewhat for me........

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 13
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 5:04:52 PM   
puresimmer

It's fixed in the next patch which arrives today. Thanks for the report.

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 14
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 5:14:21 PM   
kwik

Since Im playing demo I cant patch it can I?If not , is there a way I can fix the demo version myself(xml)?Ive recently divorced and Im using my sisters computer(old lady got custody of my machine)DOGS TOO,and I miss them dogs......Im waiting until I can replace my machine (sometime after Xmas) and Id like to keep experimenting with the game til then when I can download full version.Any help weould be appreciated.Maybe I can be of help again.BTW Im impressed by the way you monitored that post and understood what I so inarticulately was trying to get across.

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 15
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 6:03:13 PM   
puresimmer

I'm going to release an updated demo version very soon.

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 16
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 6:09:09 PM   
kwik

OK will that just overwrite old files or would I have to start all over?I hate that,I got player pics, stadiums,logos etc. Ill be getting full version soon am lookin forward to it.I been around these baseball games for a long time,started with Earl Weaver Baseball on PC way bvack.Ive tried High Heat,MVP, OOTP you name it,getting the right mix on stats and simulation in a baseball game has been a long quest for a lot of simmers,this one comes closest Ive seen so far.

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 17
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 6:17:20 PM   
kwik

Oh yeah btw has the pitchers recovery issued been taken care of?See post^^^^^
wehere they were gettin a days recupp after the end of day logic

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 18
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 6:29:54 PM   
kwik

Let me try to explain what Im noting here on pitcher recovery:
1.Youve managed your game on the schedule screen in game,
2.You look at your pitchers player card after your game is concluded
He is showing completely exhausted(he was your starter<he threw like 90-100 pitches say)
3.OK then you quick sim the rest of the games on the sked screen and engine advances to next day
4.pitcher is showing now to be worn out or a little tired,also the relievers you used have gained a lil xtra stamina.......

Check that out and see if its happening on full version.This could explain alot of the issues with appearances and saves etc being up there in stats of guys who are managing every game

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 19
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 6:52:43 PM   
Amaroq

kwik - Shaun fixing something I reported, just like you did, and just as quickly, was one of the reasons I became a lifelong customer!

Seriously, good find - your report was right on the money and far from being inarticulate, you described perfectly, without any missing info, how to reproduce it 100% of the time. The only thing I'd want is an extra carriage-return between your paragraphs.

The patch will typically overwrite some files: the .XML file in particular, if you just modified the existing one, will be overwritten. I suggest you copy yours, and if you have a "diff" tool to anaylyze the differences between text files, use it to compare your file against the original demo version... then "diff" the new demo version against the old demo version. That'll give you a sense for how much has changed - usually, its quicker to import Shaun's latest change or two into your modified .XML file than to try to re-apply your changes to the latest .XML.

(If you have no idea what I mean by "diff", Google it, several "diff utilities" will come up, there should be plenty of freeware options for this type of tool. I use Cygwin myself, but that gives a full Linux command line for Windows, which is a lot more than you need.)

Your player pics, stadiums, and logos should all be fine, and you (well, I don't know about the demo version, but if you were playing a registered version:) should be able to upgrade your existing associations from any old version to the latest (v1.51).

On the pitcher-recovery .XML change you posted, I made a similar change, though I was trying to get it right for a four-man 'rotation' from 1901. I also bumped UP the levels which show condition, so that anybody under say 90% shows as "Good", not "Excellent", with similar tweaks all down the line. With that change, the pitchers don't come back up through the rainbow to 'Excellent' quite as quickly. That change DOES affect the AI pitcher-usage a little bit - you might try it out on an association you don't 'care about' to see if you like it.

And, of course, we'll have to wait on Shaun's new build to see if the recovery changes are still necessary.

(in reply to kwik)
Post #: 20
RE: Dont do this - 12/19/2006 7:05:40 PM   
kwik

Well with just having the demo version I'll have to wait for new demo release to check it out,nothing else I can do except play with that pitcher recovery tag until then.Thanks for the replys.

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Dont do this Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI