Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Upgrading forts and cities defences

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Upgrading forts and cities defences Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrading forts and cities defences - 12/20/2006 12:42:07 PM   
Paper Tiger

Anyone else have a problem changing the weapons on Forts and Cities? Or for that matter in adding the other options to the fortifications, bomb proof, rifle pits etc? Won't seem to let me do it.
Also is there supposed to be an upgrade path for weapons on gunboats? Can't seem to change them from muskets?
Post #: 1
RE: Upgrading forts and cities defences - 12/20/2006 1:47:33 PM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paper Tiger

Anyone else have a problem changing the weapons on Forts and Cities? Or for that matter in adding the other options to the fortifications, bomb proof, rifle pits etc? Won't seem to let me do it. I've been able to upgrade these. Do you have enough "resources" to pay for the upgrades?

Also is there supposed to be an upgrade path for weapons on gunboats? Can't seem to change them from muskets? "Gunboats" don't seem to be upgradable. I don't know why.

(in reply to Paper Tiger)
Post #: 2
RE: Upgrading forts and cities defences - 12/20/2006 1:50:52 PM   
elmo3

quote:

Anyone else have a problem changing the weapons on Forts and Cities? Or for that matter in adding the other options to the fortifications, bomb proof, rifle pits etc? Won't seem to let me do it.
Also is there supposed to be an upgrade path for weapons on gunboats? Can't seem to change them from muskets?

If the choices are grayed out then you don't have the resources. I have been able to upgrade forts, but never tried a city. Agree with Mike that there is currently no choice to upgrade gunboats.

Post #: 3
RE: Upgrading forts and cities defences - 12/20/2006 3:15:57 PM   
Paper Tiger

OK so even though gunboats say "musket" they can't be upgraded. Fine I am guessing that "musket" isn't what they were armed withanyway.

As to the Cities/Forts problem seems ok if I upgrade one well away from the fighting but if any enemy units are in the same state (not necessarily province) they don't seem to be able to upgrade.
Should partisans and raiders count here?
Need to do some more "investigating"

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 4
RE: Upgrading forts and cities defences - 12/20/2006 7:19:38 PM   
elmo3

quote:

OK so even though gunboats say "musket" they can't be upgraded. Fine I am guessing that "musket" isn't what they were armed withanyway.

As to the Cities/Forts problem seems ok if I upgrade one well away from the fighting but if any enemy units are in the same state (not necessarily province) they don't seem to be able to upgrade.
Should partisans and raiders count here?
Need to do some more "investigating"

An enemy in the same provice prevents upgrades. Only being in the same State should not prevent upgrades AFAIK.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Upgrading forts and cities defences Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI