Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix, why don't you make a "Imperialism" type game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix, why don't you make a "Imperialism" type game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix, why don't you make a "Imperialism" ty... - 12/24/2006 8:08:40 PM   
Martiallaw

Dear Matrix team,

I hope you still remember SSI's two great games i.e. 1- Imperialism and 2- Imperialism 2. After that we have not seen any other Imperialism game since a very long time because of some legal disputes etc etc. about the "Imperialism" title. Anyway, you would agree that the games were great. I would suggest you to create a game like Imperialism covering the era say 1836 to 1936 with much more improvements and refinement with an appealing title. Paradox tried to create their game called "Victoria" on this line but they failed miserably. Another company AGEOD is creating a similar game titled "Vainglory of Nations" due to be released next year but I think they won't be able to successfully create a game with a similar appeal as that of Imperialism because they are a new company. Why don't you take the opportunity to create such a game since you are an old and experienced company and therefore there are greater chances that you could create a great game? Please inform your view. Thanks and guys if you support this idea or whatever your thoughts are please post them. Best regards to all.

Post #: 1
RE: Matrix, why don't you make a "Imperialism"... - 12/26/2006 6:20:18 PM   
bartholimew

there are lots of games I would like to see reincarnated. Imperialism is one. A modern face lift of this game could include some very pretty 3D battle phases or at least hi res isometric. Turn based or wego. And a real naval resolution, not abstract like the original. The map board in the original was quite adequate and should retain its orignal flavor. The problem alot of times is the original games get reinvented to the point where they no longer resemble their predecessor.

(in reply to Martiallaw)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix, why don't you make a "Imperialism"... - 12/27/2006 1:33:03 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Martiallaw
Another company AGEOD is creating a similar game titled "Vainglory of Nations" due to be released next year but I think they won't be able to successfully create a game with a similar appeal as that of Imperialism because they are a new company.

Since AGEOD managed to create Birth of America which is arguably one of the best wargames made in 2006 I beg to differ.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Martiallaw)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix, why don't you make a "Imperialism"... - 12/27/2006 5:24:41 PM   
Terminus

Besides, the Imperialism games weren't really that good...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix, why don't you make a "Imperialism"... - 12/28/2006 10:10:50 PM   
bartholimew

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus
Besides, the Imperialism games weren't really that good...

I sure enjoyed playing it. I thought it captured the scope and atmosphere colonial conquest very well. If one was into that sorta thing then it was good.
As games become dated or a sequel is shoe-horned into the engine as I2 was then I can see why you might say it was not good.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix, why don't you make a "Imperialism"... - 12/29/2006 8:23:27 PM   
donkuchi19

I recently bought an old copy of Imperialism on EBay. (Under $5). It was (and still is) on of my favorite games of all time. I always stay up too late when playing just one more turn. Why don't you just get a copy of the game. I am using Windows XP and can play it in Windows 95 mode. You just have to copy the entire CD to the hard drive, change the set up file to run in Windows 95 mode, install, change the program file to run in Windows 95 mode and play. It is great.

I also bought Star Wars Tie Fighter at the same time. That didn't work out as well. I remembered the graphics being really good but that was 7 years ago (lol). I also cannot get my sound card to play the sounds from the game. Oh well, $10 overall still isn't bad for one of my favorite games.

(in reply to bartholimew)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix, why don't you make a "Imperialism" type game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI