Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Road to Moscow: soviet counteroffensive

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> Road to Moscow: soviet counteroffensive Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Road to Moscow: soviet counteroffensive - 12/26/2006 4:23:25 PM   
rommel72

Gents,

I am having serious trouble as the german playr in the scenario "road to moscow - soviet counteroffensive". No matter what I do I get pulverized by the russians. Do anyone have any tip about I can do to win the scenario as the german player ?

regards,
Rommel72
Post #: 1
Try It From The Other Side - 12/27/2006 3:07:37 AM   
rhinobones

Play from the Russian side.

This is not as cynical as it sounds. By playing from the Russian side you will discover what the German side needs to do in order to win.

Then as the German player (against the PO) set the PO to maximum strength/ability and test your new found knowledge against a worthy computer opponent.

After that, try a Cheyenne opponent and get a real challenge.

Regards, RhinoBones

(in reply to rommel72)
Post #: 2
RE: Try It From The Other Side - 1/5/2007 4:15:41 PM   
r6kunz

Thanks for the feed back on Road to Moscow: the Soviet Counteroffensive.
Have you played the scenario to the end date? I just played the scenario with PO vs PO using TOAW3 (it was designed and tested using TOAW-COW). The Germans had a Marginal defeat, -21/58, and were able to hold Smolensk. I designed the scenario to give a draw with PO vs PO, and the marginal defeat may reflect the improved PO, especially on offense.
Note that in the second half of the scenario the Soviet supply is stretched to the limit and the German can make limited counterattacks.
Rob Kunz
designer Road to Moscow series

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 3
RE: Try It From The Other Side - 1/24/2007 11:01:47 PM   
rommel72

thanks for the tips!

Rhinobones:
playing it from the soviet side definitly helped, but i am afraid this would never help against a human opponent...

HpT Kunz:
I have tried PO vs PO at all 3 difficulty settings. the Germans gets smashed (significant defeat)each time but manages to hold on to Smolensk simply as the soviets run out of supply. But the germans are so reduced militarily that the soviets could have made it to Berlin in 1941!

(in reply to r6kunz)
Post #: 4
RE: Try It From The Other Side - 1/30/2007 5:52:04 PM   
a white rabbit

..go for Moscow, with Lngrd as as a side dish, as they said, klingen, nicht klocken..

..toodA, irmAb moAs'lyB 'exper'mentin'..,..beàn'tus all..?,

(in reply to rommel72)
Post #: 5
RE: Try It From The Other Side - 1/31/2007 9:27:21 PM   
rommel72

white rabbit,

the scenario "Soviet Counteroffensive" does not exactly lend itself for a German counter-counter offensive...
And Leningrad is not even on the map so you need to pull up another rabbit from the hat if you get it...;-)

regards,
rommel72

(in reply to a white rabbit)
Post #: 6
RE: Try It From The Other Side - 3/4/2007 10:07:00 PM   
rommel72

HPT Kunz,

I have now played the scenario again using the 3.1.0.9 patch. Using PO against PO the result was -48/53 "overwelming Soviet victory".
As I sincerly enjoyed the other scenarios in this series - is there hope for a re-design?

regards,
rommel72

(in reply to rommel72)
Post #: 7
RE: Try It From The Other Side - 3/5/2007 3:13:14 AM   
r6kunz

Rommel72,
Thanks again for the feed back. I just submitted an update of Ardennes 1944 and I will now turn my attention back to the Soviet Counteroffensive- I used COL David Glantz's atlas as a primary source for these scenarios for unit locations and personnel and equipment strength for both sides.
I will work on the scenario and I will be glad send you a copy of the draft...
Rob

(in reply to rommel72)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> Road to Moscow: soviet counteroffensive Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI