Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

can't load troops from Kendari

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> can't load troops from Kendari Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
can't load troops from Kendari - 1/1/2007 4:56:23 AM   
KahunaPete

I'm having problems of not being able to load some Dutch engineers or naval base forces from bases like Kendari when I move my transports there to pickup. These aren't coastal guns or fortress troops either so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

It's Jan 1942 and I'm trying to evacuate some of the troops from Borneo area to Darwin and other parts of Australia but the game won';t let me.

Whenever I click on load transports at Kendari, no units appear on the menu.

I even changed the assigned theater from ABDA to Australia but that doesn seem to help.

Kendari has a port capacity of 2 and I have been able to load other dutch troops from Palembang and Soerbaja but haivng problems with similar other smaller bases scattered in the Sumatra and Borneo regions.

Any suggestions? Are these units frozen in place?

Post #: 1
RE: can't load troops from Kendari - 1/1/2007 5:03:26 AM   
alanschu

Hehe, that's bad luck, because Australia is immobile and can't be picked up as well.  I found this out the hard way too.  If you change it to Southwest Pacific, it should work.

(in reply to KahunaPete)
Post #: 2
RE: can't load troops from Kendari - 1/1/2007 5:12:52 AM   
wdolson

The only headquarters that can load onto ships are Northern Command, Central Pacific, South Pacific, Southwest Pacific, New Zealand Command, and Southeast Asia. I seem to recall ANZAC troops and units can be airlifted to bases in the Solomons, New Britain, or New Guinea, but they can't be loaded onto ships. I haven't tried airlifting units of other commands, so I'm not sure.

Units of Australia Command are the home troops for Australia and there was tremendous political pressure to keep them at home to defend Australia. When the Japanese attacks Darwin in February 1942, it freaked out a lot of people in Australia who wondered if they were going to be the next invasion.

Bill

(in reply to KahunaPete)
Post #: 3
RE: can't load troops from Kendari - 1/1/2007 6:40:09 AM   
Oliver Heindorf

the troops are at abda command, just change it and then u can move it - u have to spent the proper PP for this

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 4
RE: can't load troops from Kendari - 1/2/2007 1:43:41 AM   
KahunaPete

thanks I'll switch them to Southwest Pacific command then. I just hate to see Engineering and Naval base forces surrended or be isolated and rotting when their skills are sorely needed elsewhere.

Port Moreseby needs a lot of help

< Message edited by KahunaPete -- 1/2/2007 1:54:46 AM >

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> can't load troops from Kendari Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI