Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Happy new year. Any new about EiA?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Happy new year. Any new about EiA? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/8/2007 12:02:27 AM   
Camile Desmoulins

Happy new year. Any new about EiA?

Answer Betatesters o Marshall.

Bile men refrain from posting here. Please. Thanks

Camille

"Scis vincere, nescis uti victoria" (Maharbal)
Post #: 1
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/10/2007 4:05:51 PM   
argaur

Good try Camile,

"... tell the Emperor that I am facing Russians.
If they had been Prussians, I'd have taken the
position long ago."
- Marshal Ney, 1813

(in reply to Camile Desmoulins)
Post #: 2
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/11/2007 5:33:45 PM   
Camile Desmoulins

Thanks, Beren, anybody athome, I'm afraid. Too much silence...

(in reply to argaur)
Post #: 3
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/11/2007 7:26:40 PM   
Ursa MAior

Hush guys they will let us know when they are ready. I wont survive another disappointment.

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 4
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/12/2007 5:33:57 AM   
no_dice

It's a good thing that they put some screen shots and play tester reports into this forum or they would have given "Duke Nukem Forever" a run for the vapourware title of the year award. :)

no dice

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 5
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/12/2007 5:22:06 PM   
Joisey

Based on the deafening silence from the development team, I'm assuming that a release cannot be achieved until 2nd qtr of 2007 AT THE EARLIEST.

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

(in reply to no_dice)
Post #: 6
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/14/2007 11:52:52 PM   
Camile Desmoulins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

Hush guys they will let us know when they are ready. I wont survive another disappointment.

According with you. But we need some bread for living , sometimes... The waiting it´s too hard

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 7
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/20/2007 12:37:33 PM   
Norden_slith

NEWS!! WE WANT NEWS!!

Anything.

Norden
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hexagonally challenged

Post #: 8
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/20/2007 4:38:33 PM   
yammahoper

The silence IS news, take it as good or bad.

yamma

...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...

(in reply to Norden_slith)
Post #: 9
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/20/2007 9:06:39 PM   
Joisey

Silence = Intractable programing bug, pushing release date over the horizon.

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

(in reply to yammahoper)
Post #: 10
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/22/2007 11:53:44 AM   
McGuire

BOOM!
Now Joisey - that was a shot right to the head....

Don't jinx it! PLEASE!

< Message edited by McGuire -- 1/23/2007 12:20:39 PM >

There are only 10 types of people in the world!
Those who can read binary - and those who don't!

(in reply to Joisey)
Post #: 11
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/23/2007 10:32:38 AM   
Ursa MAior

Negative waves Moriarty. The bridge is still there.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to McGuire)
Post #: 12
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/24/2007 4:18:48 PM   
marc420

Broke up laughing afte a google search today.

I was searching around for a new game to play, so I typed some search terms into Google to see what came up. In the list of responses, I saw EIA mentioned. It had been months since I'd been out here, so I clicked on the link to see what was up. Did they ever really release EIA?

Nope, the link let to a Matrix page that said the status was "under development".

ROFLOL. Amazing. This game is starting to challenge Harpoon 4 in reaching legendary leves of vaporware.

Actually, do the developers have a plan to pass along their knowledge to the next generation of developers before they die? This is obviously a multi-generational project.

Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism. ~George Washington

Post #: 13
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 1/24/2007 6:42:45 PM   
Camile Desmoulins

quote:

ORIGINAL: marc420

Broke up laughing afte a google search today.

I was searching around for a new game to play, so I typed some search terms into Google to see what came up. In the list of responses, I saw EIA mentioned. It had been months since I'd been out here, so I clicked on the link to see what was up. Did they ever really release EIA?

Nope, the link let to a Matrix page that said the status was "under development".

ROFLOL. Amazing. This game is starting to challenge Harpoon 4 in reaching legendary leves of vaporware.

Actually, do the developers have a plan to pass along their knowledge to the next generation of developers before they die? This is obviously a multi-generational project.

I only wanted information, not this kind of post.

(in reply to marc420)
Post #: 14
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 2/6/2007 8:06:53 AM   
Murat

You ask for news and you reopen the old wounds and the old debates.

Post #: 15
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 2/6/2007 11:28:46 PM   
ktotwf

Well, geeze. Be a little melodramatic about it why don't you?

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 16
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 2/7/2007 12:39:03 AM   
Ursa MAior

Why not?

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to ktotwf)
Post #: 17
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 2/7/2007 6:15:09 PM   
Camile Desmoulins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

You ask for news and you reopen the old wounds and the old debates.

Do you think so? You belive that question for news is reopen wounds? Perhaps some people don´t read the first post ("bile men...")

Then, I don´t know what is the meaning of this forum. I thought that was for ask about information. Perhaps I'm mistaken. Or perhaps the lack of information is mistaken.

< Message edited by Camile Desmoulins -- 2/7/2007 6:29:51 PM >

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 18
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 2/12/2007 5:58:55 AM   
macsporan

What in God's name is the point of having a forum about a game that hasn't even been published yet?

And what's wrong with Matrix that they can't tell us when this game is going to be released?

Don't these guys know how to communicate?

In my opinion Matrix has made a serious strategic error.

They have produced far too many games and the quality of most of them is probably mediocre to low, especially in the programming department (no fault of those hard-working people--they've simply been given too much work).

The one I know most about is "Crowns of Glory" and it is simply a mess. It simply shouldn't have been released in its present form and the numerous patches have not patched it.

I don't hold out much hope for EIA. It may never come out, and if it does it will probably be a disappointment.

Post #: 19
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 2/13/2007 4:59:09 AM   
Murat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Camile Desmoulins
Do you think so? You belive that question for news is reopen wounds? Perhaps some people don´t read the first post ("bile men...")

Then, I don´t know what is the meaning of this forum. I thought that was for ask about information. Perhaps I'm mistaken. Or perhaps the lack of information is mistaken.

Perhaps you need to work harder on your english. I have no idea what you are talking about with some people didn't read your first post, everyone here seems to although it is a challenge to comprehend it. As for the meaning of this forum, you have not read posts. In MANY other places this has been brought up and the answer is the same: it's not ready, we are working on it, we will let you know when it is done, quit asking.

Post #: 20
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 2/14/2007 7:57:04 PM   
Camile Desmoulins

quote:

quote:

Perhaps you need to work harder on your english. I have no idea what you are talking about with some people didn't read your first post, everyone here seems to although it is a challenge to comprehend it. As for the meaning of this forum, you have not read posts. In MANY other places this has been brought up and the answer is the same: it's not ready, we are working on it, we will let you know when it is done, quit asking.

I need work hard my english, sure. But we can speak in spanish when you want to explain me your point of view, I'm sure that your spanish will be better than my english.

My english dictionary says "bile men" (I presume that Collins needs work hard his english, sure) for the idea, but I thought that the people with a bit of good will could (even the South Caroline boys) understood it. "bile men" or people with too much bile in the brain, perhaps a bad translation of a spanish expression. People that only want to dirt a post, not search information.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 21
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 2/14/2007 8:08:17 PM   
coregames

quote:

ORIGINAL: macsporan

What in God's name is the point of having a forum about a game that hasn't even been published yet?

This area of the forums is for games in development, and the people working on these projects do read the forums for input. Forums devoted to games in development also allow a release for those of us who look forward to these up-and-coming games.

As far as the quality of Matrix games, perhaps you should do a web search for reviews of Grigsby's World at War.

I'm not quite sure what you want, because it seems you are of two minds on the subject -- on the one hand, you seem impatient for the release of this game, and on the other, you seem to feel Matrix is not putting enough care into their projects.

I think most EiA fans would rather Matrix take the time to get it right, and according to Marshall, we don't have too much longer to wait. I believe we will see MEiA this year, but I will get it whenever it comes out.

"The creative combination lays bare the presumption of a lie." -- Lasker

Keith Henderson

(in reply to macsporan)
Post #: 22
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 2/15/2007 4:29:50 AM   
1LTRambo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I need work hard my english, sure. But we can speak in spanish when you want to explain me your point of view, I'm sure that your spanish will be better than my english.

My english dictionary says "bile men" (I presume that Collins needs work hard his english, sure) for the idea, but I thought that the people with a bit of good will could (even the South Caroline boys) understood it. "bile men" or people with too much bile in the brain, perhaps a bad translation of a spanish expression. People that only want to dirt a post, not search information.

Could it be you mean "Spew Venom"?

Post #: 23
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 2/17/2007 1:14:55 PM   
iamspamus

quote:

ORIGINAL: coregames

I think most EiA fans would rather Matrix take the time to get it right, and according to Marshall, we don't have too much longer to wait. I believe we will see MEiA this year, but I will get it whenever it comes out.

Yep. Get it done, but get it done WELL. Thanks for the hard work.

Jason

(in reply to coregames)
Post #: 24
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 2/19/2007 5:16:54 PM   
qgaliana

quote:

ORIGINAL: macsporan

You can check out the WiF forum for an example of everything that it can be for a game in development. It's definitely an outlier, but since you asked...

(in reply to macsporan)
Post #: 25
RE: Happy new year. Any new about EiA? - 2/25/2007 2:25:33 AM   
Murat

quote:

Well 3 points: [1] I did not join a spanish speaking forum, you did join an english speaking one; [2] I have never heard of any such phrase in America; [3] as I previously pointed out, YOU were the one that failed to search the forum and if anyone is spam posting (an english internet term) it is you by continuing to bring up an issue that is in many other forums and has been responded to repeatedly with basically 'we will let you know when we know'.

Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Happy new year. Any new about EiA? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI