Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Predictions For The NFL's '2006 Playoffs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> The Red Zone! >> Predictions For The NFL's '2006 Playoffs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Predictions For The NFL's '2006 Playoffs - 1/11/2007 3:06:28 AM   
Great White

What Are You Guys' Predictions For The Rest of The NFL's '2006 Playoffs?

For The Divisionals, mine are:

Baltimore beats Indianapolis, I thought last year that Baltimore's QB Kyle Boller was going to be the reincarnation (sp?) of Trent Dilfer and Baltimore was my '2006 Super Bowl winner; now they have a veteran, but fragile-Only thing that can stop Baltimore , QB in 'Air' McNair and a even better DT position. Unbeatable in The '2--6 Playoffs.

New Orleans beats Philadelphia, Philadelphia is without best CB Leto Sheppard I take New Orleans.

Seattle Beats Chicago*, Without Chicago's DTs Harris and Johnson, and their very weak CBs I take Seattle's experience, running game and play action, even with best OG in Minnesota and injuries at CB-luckly position of depth, especially if TE Jerramy Stevens, comes on, like last week.

New England Beats San Diego*, With QB Rivers-trying to do the Rothensburgh (sp?) thing, unforunately for him I think it is a once in a 8-years to decade thing (even with best RB in The NFL); NE experience pushed NE through (because Rivers cannot take advantage of NE's worse position-DBs).

*-Since I am predicting against the home Franchises, I am a little edgy on these predictions.

These were my 2006 NFL Playoffs predictions before the season:

Here was mine, and after reading this post you will again understand why I never bet, LOL.

AFC

Wild Card Games:

Pittsburgh over Broncos,
Miami over Jaguars,

Divisional Games:

Baltimore over Miami
Pittsburgh over Colts

AFC Conference Final Game

Baltimore over Pittsburgh

NFC

Wild Card Games:

Giants over Washington
Tampa Bay over Chicago

Divisional Games:

Giants over Carolina
Seattle over Tampa Bay

NFC Conference Final Game

Seattle over Giants

Super Bowl

Baltimore over Seattle

< Message edited by Marauders -- 1/16/2007 12:58:17 PM >

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM
Post #: 1
RE: What Are You Guys' Predictions For The Rest of The ... - 1/11/2007 3:33:02 AM   
jrodsly

reverse the bottom two, and those are my picks. here they are in depth.

Baltimore vs Indy: Baltimore is way too physical for Indy to handle all around.
Nawlins(i like saying that) vs Phil-ay(i like saying that too) : Nawlins is too strong.
Chi-town vs Seattle: Chicago will win, despite Rex Grossman's bad performences.
San Diego vs Brady town(New England): LT is too good for New England. even if they stop LT, they still have to deal with Phillip Rivers.

Back from the dead, I'm here to make ammends with the people I've ticked off and the people that were nice enough to make stuff I requested.

(in reply to Great White)
Post #: 2
RE: What Are You Guys' Predictions For The Rest of The ... - 1/16/2007 1:19:47 PM   
Marauders

These were my football pool predictions:

Divisional games:

Indianapolis at Baltimore: The Colts have a problem stopping the run, but the offense pulls this one off for Indianapolis.  Even with all the star skill position players on each team, the trench battles may be the deciding factor in this game.

Philadelphia at New Orleans: The Saints are the better team.  Their offensive balanced attack will win this one.  Third down effeciency may be the key to this game.

Seattle at Chicago: The Bears' defense is not as good as it looks on paper, but Chicago will win unless Rex Grossman lays an egg.  It may come down to special teams play.

New England at San Diego: LT is the major threat, but Belichick will have a defense that forces Rivers to pass. Never count the Patriots out, but San Diego should win this game unless they give it away.  Turnovers may be the key to this game.

Championship games:

New Orleans at Chicago: The Bears play better at home in the cold weather.  That may give them enough edge to win this game, but I still believe the balanced Saints attack will be too much for the Bears.  My pick is New Orleans.

Indianapolis at San Diego: Two head coaches that have not taken teams to the big game.  This should be a high scoring game.  LT could have a big day against the Colts, but Dungy may key him and force Rivers to put the ball up.  The Colts have veteran leadership, and that may tip the balance in their favor.  Tom Moore will screen and slant the San Diego blitz.  While I like the Chargers, I will go with the Colts in this game.

Superbowl:

Indianapolis and New Orleans: That would be a fun game.  In 2005, these teams both weathered tragedies.  Two dome teams playing the Superbowl in sunny Florida will be a change of pace.  I can't see either defense put a stop to either offense, so I predict a high scoring game.

If it comes down to big plays, I see the Colts winning this one.

(in reply to jrodsly)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> The Red Zone! >> Predictions For The NFL's '2006 Playoffs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI