Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fortune Cookie Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Fortune Cookie Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fortune Cookie Scenario - 1/13/2007 5:28:32 PM   
bobw

Hello All,

Very soon, (for example, if I've set Time Compression to 30 seconds it occurs immediately), while attempting to play the 'Fortune Cookie' scenario, after pressing the Start button a Staff Report box will appear on the screen informing me that one of the British vessels has attempted a move that cannot be made. This will occur whether or not I have any or none of the Staff Report options selected. The report box, once it appears, cannot be turned off. Further, another and another and another ad infinitum idential boxes with the same report will appear, each layered atop the previous. The game continues to run beneath the boxes but none of the buttons can be accessed. There is no choice but to exit out of the entire Harpoon progam. In other words, I'm unable to play this particular scenario. Thoughts? Thank you.

Bob
Post #: 1
RE: Fortune Cookie Scenario - 1/13/2007 6:58:37 PM   
Flankerk

Struggling to reproduce this am afraid.
Do you know which ship it is? All appear some way off the coast, usually that sort of message would involve them going into land or perhaps a navigation zone.

"Alas poor Yorick,I knew him Horatio"

#1 Quote of the Harpoon Community.

(in reply to bobw)
Post #: 2
RE: Fortune Cookie Scenario - 1/13/2007 8:39:09 PM   
Dagooz

It sound like that navigational something bug in 3.7.0. Try replotting or plotting a new course for the vessel. It might help for a while.

(in reply to Flankerk)
Post #: 3
RE: Fortune Cookie Scenario - 1/14/2007 5:16:05 PM   
bobw

Thank you, gentleman, for your replies and assistance. D, the message in the staff report box reads exactly like this: Path for unitD 88 Glasgow is illegal (unit tried to move through an illegal location) and has been cancelled

I forgot to mention that my game is a 3.7. I purchased it (the CD) just a few weeks ago. I purchased a new computer at the same time and, not being all that computer literate, had the person who set up our computer install the game. Thanks for your help.

Bob
Post #: 4
RE: Fortune Cookie Scenario - 1/14/2007 9:36:15 PM   
bobw

D ..... No, I have not updated from 3.7 to the latest patch. Perhaps instrutions have been posted as to how to do that. Could you direct me to same? Your comment about where I want the Edinborough to go set me to thinking. I went in and clicked all of the Nav Zone boxes as you suggested. I then started the game without ordering any of the ships into deep water. The staff report still appeared. However, when I exited out and began a new game, this time ordering each of the ships into deep water, i.e. away from the coast line, the staff report did not appear and the game continued correctly. It appears that for this scenario all of the Nav Zones must be checked AND the various Task Forces, or perhaps at least that containing the flagship, must be ordered to navigate away from the coast. Still, not being able to close down that initial staff report box seems to be a difficulty.  Bob
Post #: 5
RE: Fortune Cookie Scenario - 1/16/2007 11:03:38 PM   
bobw

D ... I installed the 3.7.3 patch. That seems to have done the trick. Thanks much. Bob
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Fortune Cookie Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI