Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Opinions On NFL Head Coach Vacancies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> The Red Zone! >> Opinions On NFL Head Coach Vacancies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Opinions On NFL Head Coach Vacancies - 1/14/2007 7:21:42 PM   
Great White

The Miami Dolphins ... should they hire an Offensive Coordinator or a Defensive Coordinator?

I think it should be Ex-Pittsburgh Steelers' Offensive Coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, and if after next season or what time it takes for Ex-Steelers' head coach Bill Cowher to get tired of TV work than make Ex-Pittsburgh Steelers' Offensive Coordinator Whisenhunt even bigger contract (richest OC in The NFL) to stay as OC and Ex-Steelers' HC Cowher as HC. Imagine that combination, offenses would scared ****less to take on MDs' defense and best OC in The NFL.

Yeah, baby!

Moderator Edit: Combined Topics

< Message edited by Marauders -- 1/24/2007 2:30:10 AM >

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM
Post #: 1
RE: What Is Your Guys Opinion On Which FB Coach MDs Sho... - 1/16/2007 8:34:43 PM   
Great White

What you guys think about MDs hiring Jim Mora Jr. as HC?

I am 75% no way and 25% yes;because he is a former Defensive Coordinator, he could not figure-out that QB Vick was better at Scatback than QB and his backup was light years better and made it public that if Washington Huskies HC job opened-up, then he would leave Atlanta (even during a playoff run), thus might skip out if Huskies' job opens-up, but he is young and has HCing experience (even as it was bad).

What do you guys think about MDs hiring Chan Gailey as HC?

I am 75% yes and 25% no; because he is a former Offensive Coordinator and has HCing experience (even if it was so so), and will not lie to people and skip out in short time, but he already was with MDs and the offense only performed so so, he is old.

What do you guys think of the possibility of MDs hiring either Jim Mora Jr. or Chan Gailey as HC and hiring either either Chan Gailey or Jim Mora Jr. as HC?

With Chan Dailey as HC and Jim Mora Jr. as Assistant Head Coach and Special Defensive Coordinator, I am 50% yes and 50% no; best of both worlds, if Jim Mora Jr. skips out in a short period of time, then we have one of the best DC in Mr. Capers, but maybe this pisses off the best DC in Mr. Capers and cause great problems in MDs' coaching staff.

With Jim Mora Jr. as HC and Chan Gailey as Assistant Head Coach and Special Offensive Coordinator, I am 75% no and 25% yes; because:
Jim Mora Jr. is a former Defensive Coordinator, he could not figure-out that QB Vick was better at Scatback than QB and his backup was light years better and made it public that if Washington Huskies HC job opened-up, then he would leave Atlanta (even during a playoff run), thus might skip out if Huskies' job opens-up, but he is young and has HCing experience (even as it was bad)

Chan Gailey is a former Offensive Coordinator and has HCing experience (even if it was so so), and will not lie to people and skip out in short time, but he already was with MDs and the offense only performed so so, he is old.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 1/24/2007 2:36:22 AM >

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM

(in reply to Great White)
Post #: 2
RE: What Is Your Guys Opinion On Which FB Coach MDs Sho... - 1/16/2007 9:11:04 PM   
JasonninTN

I'm guessing if they make a decision sooner rather than later it would be either Gailey or Mora Jr. I think the 2 guys in Pittsburgh are more interested in the Steelers' job than anything else at the moment. (just a hunch...) I'd be willing to bet all 4 get HC jobs somewhere this offseason though. Who knows where Bill Cowher will end up in '08. It's hard to tell who's going to get the ax and who's going to shock the league. (think back to what we all thought about the N.O. Saints and the Arizona Cardinals for instance back in August) Of course that's assuming Cowher isn't really serious about retiring......

Post #: 3
RE: What Is Your Guys Opinion On Which FB Coach MDs Sho... - 1/16/2007 9:14:38 PM   
Great White

JasonninTN,

Ex-Pittsburgh Steelers' Offensive Coordinator Whisenhunt is now (as of yesterday) the Arizona Cardinals' HC.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 1/24/2007 2:38:04 AM >

(in reply to JasonninTN)
Post #: 4
RE: What Is Your Guys Opinion On Which FB Coach MDs Sho... - 1/16/2007 10:19:47 PM   
jrodsly

i say hire Mora. if he can control Vick and the rest of the "gang", then he can control these people(allegedly).

Back from the dead, I'm here to make ammends with the people I've ticked off and the people that were nice enough to make stuff I requested.

Post #: 5
RE: What Is Your Guys Opinion On Which FB Coach MDs Sho... - 1/16/2007 10:43:06 PM   
Marauders

Jim Mora Jr. lived and died with Michael Vick.

Vick's 52.6 passing percentage and 75.7 QB rating did not get it done ... again.  Vick had 8 games with a QB rating under 63.  That is dreadful.

Yes, Vick is a good running back and a good option back, but he isn't a great quarterback.

If I was the head coach of the Falcons, I would start Matt Schaub and line up both Vick and Dunn in the backfield.

(in reply to jrodsly)
Post #: 6
RE: NFL Coaching vacancies - 1/16/2007 10:55:15 PM   
Marauders

Falcons nab Louisville's Petrino to succeed Mora (ESPN)

Bobby Petrino received plenty of offers during his four years as Louisville coach. Finally, he got one worth taking.

Petrino has accepted a five-year, $24 million offer from the Atlanta Falcons to become their new coach, replacing Jim Mora.

Whisenhunt hired as Cardinals' new head coach (ESPN)

Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, one of the hottest candidates during the current NFL hiring cycle, has signed a four-year contract to become the new head coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

Whisenhunt will be introduced as the successor to Dennis Green at a Tuesday news conference. Financial details of the contract -- which includes a team option for a fifth year -- were not yet available. Based on what the Cardinals have paid coaches in the past, Whisenhunt probably will earn an annual salary in the $2.5 million range.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 1/16/2007 11:27:31 PM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
RE: NFL Coaching vacancies - 1/16/2007 11:04:29 PM   
Great White

Marauders,

quote:

If I was the head coach of the Falcons, I would start Matt Schaub and line up both Vick and Dunn in the backfield.

With FB Justin Griffith and HB Jerious Norwood performing as well as they do, I would not I would make Scatback Vick a starter, I would make him RB#4/HB #3

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 8
RE: NFL Coaching vacancies - 1/17/2007 10:16:25 AM   
Marauders

quote:

MIAMI (AP) -- The latest candidate to emerge for the Miami Dolphins' coaching job has a big edge in name recognition: He's a Shula.

Mike Shula interviewed for the job Saturday and is one of at least five candidates still under consideration, the Dolphins said Tuesday. Shula's dad, Don, coached the Dolphins for 26 years, holds the NFL record with 347 victories and is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

"Mike is a very, very highly qualified person," Dolphins chief executive officer Joe Bailey said on his weekly radio show. "He's got a lot of his dad in him -- very, very smart, very assertive, very firm."

Hiring the younger Shula would mean a swap of coaches with Alabama. He was fired by the Crimson Tide in November and replaced by Nick Saban, who left the Dolphins on Jan. 3 after two seasons.

Other remaining candidates to replace Saban: former Atlanta Falcons coach Jim Mora, Georgia Tech coach Chan Gailey, Dolphins defensive coordinator Dom Capers and San Diego offensive coordinator Cam Cameron.

Post #: 9
RE: NFL Coaching vacancies - 1/17/2007 9:15:58 PM   
Great White

Of the 5-MD's HC Candidates (that Marauders posted about) which one do you guys like and how much do you guys like all of them?

Mine, ranked from largest precentage of like to lowest percentage of like:
Chan Gailey - 75%: see above post
Jim Mora Jr. - 50%: see above post
Mike Shula - 35%: No NFL HCing experience, former great OC, turned around a terrible Univ. of Alabama program and has the last name Shula-besides the biase I have towards the last-name, he would stay as long as he is wanted by Owner,
Cam Cameron - 25%: No NFL HCing experience, alright (I guess) Univ. of Indiana HCing experience, good OC 
*Dom Capers* - 0%: Would kill MDs' DC position and already under contract as MD's DC, only positive thing is he has done well while as Carolina Panthers' HC.

*-personally, I think this stupid Miami Herald and other sports media to even believe he is a candidate.

On a side note, I do not know anyone else (besides '2008's Off-Season possibility of signing Ex-Steelers' HC Bill Cowar <sp?>) for MD's HC position I would like; but the other catagory: Another Former NFL OC Coach, With Decent NFL Hcing Experience and/or More Successful CFB Div. 1A HCing Experience would get 100% like rating, from me.

< Message edited by Great White -- 1/17/2007 9:52:54 PM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 10
RE: NFL Coaching vacancies - 1/17/2007 10:07:36 PM   
jrodsly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Great White

*Dom Capers* - 0%: Would kill MDs' DC position and already under contract as MD's DC, only positive thing is he has done well while as Carolina Panthers' HC.[/b

i didnt know he did any good for Carolina.

Back from the dead, I'm here to make ammends with the people I've ticked off and the people that were nice enough to make stuff I requested.

Post #: 11
RE: NFL Coaching vacancies - 1/17/2007 10:13:26 PM   
Great White

jrodsly,

quote:

Taking over an expansion team was nothing new for Capers, who also was the head coach with the Carolina Panthers from 1995-98. He guided that team to a 7-9 record in its first season, as they set an NFL record for most wins by an expansion club. That year, he was the Pro Football Weekly/PFWA Coach of the Year. The following year, the Panthers posted a record of 12-4, captured the NFC West title, and played in the NFC Championship game where they fell to the eventual Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/team/coachingstaff/coachingstaff_capers_d.asp

(in reply to jrodsly)
Post #: 12
RE: NFL Coaching vacancies - 1/24/2007 8:07:13 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Two-time SB champion Parcells retires from coaching (ESPN.com)

IRVING, Texas -- Bill Parcells could have returned to the Dallas Cowboys for one more shot at becoming the first coach to lead three teams into the Super Bowl. Instead, 15 days after a gut-wrenching playoff loss in Seattle, Parcells decided Monday to call it a career, ending a four-year run in Dallas. Over 19 seasons in the NFL, Parcells led teams to three Super Bowls, winning two championships.

quote:

Steelers hire Tomlin; LeBeau to stay D-coordinator (ESPN.com)

PITTSBURGH-- Mike Tomlin, the Minnesota Vikings' defensive coordinator, was hired by the Pittsburgh Steelers -- the first black head coach in the team's 74-year history.

Tomlin accepted the job Sunday night and the hiring was announced Monday, with Tomlin expected to make about $2.5 million a year under a four-year contract. He is the Steelers' third coach in 38 years, following Chuck Noll (23 seasons) and Bill Cowher (15 seasons).

Tomlin, an NFL coordinator for only one season, acknowledged it was difficult not to be overwhelmed with the opportunity to coach what he called "one of the storied franchises in sports."

quote:

Dolphins hire Cameron as new head coach (NFL.com)

DAVIE, Fla. -- Cam Cameron will try to succeed where Nick Saban failed -- with the Miami Dolphins.

Miami concluded a two-week coaching search, hiring Cameron, the San Diego Chargers' offensive coordinator the past five seasons.

Cameron signed a four-year contract to replace Saban, who left for Alabama after a 6-10 season. Saban missed the playoffs in both years with Miami, whose roster needs an overhaul to fix an aging defense and a feeble offense.

Cameron went 18-37 as a head coach at Indiana, then directed a high-powered attack in San Diego. Led by the NFL's most valuable player, LaDainian Tomlinson, the Chargers ranked fourth in the league in offense this season and finished 14-2, best in the NFL.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> The Red Zone! >> Opinions On NFL Head Coach Vacancies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI