Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

An endless game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> An endless game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
An endless game? - 1/22/2007 7:14:59 AM   
Bubble

I'm just finishing up a no auto victory, no end date game. Problem is, it won't end. The Axis control every last scrap of land, except the impassable ones. I even occupied all the neutrals. There are no non-Axis units on the map, although according to the unit summary there are 7 Chinese supply somewhere.

So, is the game supposed to end, as the manual says, when there are no WAllied/Chinese/Soviet areas left, as the manual implies? Or does it just go on forever?
Post #: 1
RE: An endless game? - 1/22/2007 11:13:00 AM   
GKar

Hmm, I recall WaW ending when you controlled the whole world, but I didn't try that with AWD yet. These Chinese supplies are a bit weird though. Did you try to reload and to make sure that you really control every strip of land? There are some tiny islands where you can barely see the controlling colour, maybe some of these is missing (e.g. Guam).

(in reply to Bubble)
Post #: 2
RE: An endless game? - 1/23/2007 1:56:48 AM   
Bubble

Yeah, the Chinese supplies are weird. I've looked over the world map 20 times. At first I missed the Aleutians; then it was Guam; then Cyprus. But I can't find any other trivial little pieces of land. It's naturally not very important at this point, but by the end of it I only really finished off the US out of curiosity, so I could see if there was a clever finishing movie.

UPDATE: Another weird thing I just notice on taking another look: according to the strategic map (the one with victory levels and the Axis high water mark) the Allies (not sure which power) still have one production point. But in the territory summary screen (sorry, I don't know the proper names for these screens!) there are no Allied territories.

Another possibility: the US developed atomic weapons just before I smushed them -- maybe there's a bug that catches on that?

< Message edited by Bubble -- 1/23/2007 2:55:38 AM >

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 3
RE: An endless game? - 1/23/2007 11:19:22 AM   
GKar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bubble

UPDATE: Another weird thing I just notice on taking another look: according to the strategic map (the one with victory levels and the Axis high water mark) the Allies (not sure which power) still have one production point. But in the territory summary screen (sorry, I don't know the proper names for these screens!) there are no Allied territories.

I think that's normal and an inheritance from WaW: There the victory level depended on the ratio (Axis production/Allied production). I guess they set the lower limit of Allied production to 1 in order not to run into a division by 0.
P.S. Oh, and by the way: Welcome to the forum!

(in reply to Bubble)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> An endless game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI