Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Manual and Box

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> New Manual and Box Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Manual and Box - 1/24/2007 2:39:54 PM   
Adam Parker

Finally received my box today and I must say a printed manual imo really helps with a game of this type.

At first glance the manual really looks solid. Colored, thick spined (I saw comments about the cover somewhere as it is thin and I know this not be repeated with future games).

I can't vouch for the contents yet but at least in my case, this game now has a chance to be playable there being something intimate to read. It certainly is nice to have something that fits in my hand rather than taking up a table.

(Btw, as for content I truly hope that the forthcoming patch doesn't change anything inside the manual - just how the game runs!)

The quandry though now is this. Seeing how well presented this manual is - do I now order physcial copies of future games or go for the downloads?

I think the answer will be, the perceived complexity of each title. I'd love it if Matrix lists the size of a game's manual now in its product details, just so buyers can see whether it's worth downloading the game and self-printing or going the full physical deal. A 50 page manual I'll print myself. Over that and I'd seriously weigh up the pros and cons.

Either way, this is a great counter-revolution to the days when things went from glossy publications to PDF's in the first place. Let's now lobby for Age of Empires-quality cardboard reference cards where relevant too!
Post #: 1
RE: New Manual and Box - 1/24/2007 3:29:52 PM   
freeboy

seems not all games order will include a manual, only those released after this.. I am not sure though but as I ordered a physical copy of a game already released, I was told in these forums that I would not get a manual.. game was Panzer Command

(in reply to Adam Parker)
Post #: 2
RE: New Manual and Box - 1/24/2007 6:19:12 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

seems not all games order will include a manual, only those released after this.. I am not sure though but as I ordered a physical copy of a game already released, I was told in these forums that I would not get a manual.. game was Panzer Command

Read the announcement in the "General Discussions" forum:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1333669

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> New Manual and Box Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI