Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Small Ship, Big War

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Small Ship, Big War Page: <<   < prev  102 103 [104] 105 106   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/7/2008 9:46:56 PM   
Cuttlefish

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

It sounds like the opening Hibiki's force is waiting for hasn't materialized yet. In the meantime, I wonder if the American subs are searching in the area?

I am sure our gallant crew wonders the same thing.

After the war is over I will talk a bit about the game behind the AAR. One topic will be wolffpack's use of submarines. He puts a lot of time and effort into that part of his game and uses them a bit differently than other opponents I have faced.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 3091
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/8/2008 1:17:26 AM   
Cuttlefish

April 23, 1944

Course: North
Attached to: TF 23
Mission: Air combat
System Damage: 1
Float Damage: 0
Fires: 0
Fuel: 328

Orders: Shadow enemy forces approaching the Marshall Islands

---

The Japanese ships make another move further away from the scene of the fighting. A rumor from the bridge says that marines are landing at Eniwetok, but this is unconfirmed. It is also worrying. It does not take an admiral or a general to see that losing the northern Marshalls would put the southern Marshalls, the Solomons, and the Gilberts in peril of being cut off from Japan.

---

Senior Petty Toshio Aikawa is making a slow circuit of the deck, checking to make sure the lookouts are alert. It is a cloudy night and very dark aboard the blacked-out destroyer. Fortunately Aikawa knows every foot of Hibiki as well as he knows his own limbs.

Aikawa is, at the moment, a little worried. This is unusual, for he is not a man given to nerves or worries. He worked aboard his father’s fishing boat from the time he was young until he went into the navy. He is a hard man who has grown up around hard men. He knows the ship and knows his job and even Shun respects him.

Yet tonight Aikawa can’t shake the feeling that he is being watched. It is mostly just a feeling, but once or twice he has heard stealthy sounds and once he thought he saw a shadow move among the deeper shadows behind him. It is all a little strange, and as someone who has grown up on the sea Aikawa is not without superstitions.

As he reaches the steps leading up to the foredeck he stops for a moment and eases silently into the space between the steps and the tower. He waits there without moving for several minutes, but sees nothing and hears nothing but the faint rumble of engines and the slap of waves against the hull. If anyone or anything was following him it is gone now. Very strange, Aikawa thinks. Very strange.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3092
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/8/2008 2:36:06 AM   
BrucePowers

Uh-oh...................

Trouble from a troulemaker.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3093
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/8/2008 4:38:55 AM   
Shark7

Foreshadowing...very ominous.

Why do I get the feeling that the 1% sheer terror part is about to introduce itself to Hibiki's crew?

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 3094
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/8/2008 6:17:21 PM   
princep01

A very bruised and rotting apple resides in the "barrel" holding the Hibiki's crew. Amazingly, the poison in that apple has not seeped out to corrupt the healthy apples at this stage.  That is a testimony to the strength of the crew as a whole and its excellent leadership.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 3095
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/8/2008 8:30:02 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cuttlefish

Yet tonight Aikawa can’t shake the feeling that he is being watched. It is mostly just a feeling, but once or twice he has heard stealthy sounds and once he thought he saw a shadow move among the deeper shadows behind him. It is all a little strange, and as someone who has grown up on the sea Aikawa is not without superstitions.

As he reaches the steps leading up to the foredeck he stops for a moment and eases silently into the space between the steps and the tower. He waits there without moving for several minutes, but sees nothing and hears nothing but the faint rumble of engines and the slap of waves against the hull. If anyone or anything was following him it is gone now. Very strange, Aikawa thinks. Very strange.

Could it be that for once Shun has allowed himself to be detected? Naaaah.

Or possibly Benzaiten is growing a bit too big:

Once a python weighs more than half the weight of his keeper, the potential of dangerous constriction becomes very real; snakes of this size should not be handled alone. Once a python outweighs his keeper, fatal constriction is at the discretion of the python.
---from Big Snake Bites, Part II

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3096
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/9/2008 1:19:41 AM   
Skipjack

I'm guessing Okubo is coming for retribution.  And he is not bringing a bottle of Sake with him, this time.

Post #: 3097
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/9/2008 1:31:21 AM   
Cuttlefish

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

Or possibly Benzaiten is growing a bit too big:

Once a python weighs more than half the weight of his keeper, the potential of dangerous constriction becomes very real; snakes of this size should not be handled alone. Once a python outweighs his keeper, fatal constriction is at the discretion of the python.
---from Big Snake Bites, Part II

Good grief, what if Benzaiten has run out of rats? This AAR might start to resemble certain scenes from "Alien"!

Post #: 3098
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/9/2008 1:34:26 AM   
Cuttlefish

April 24, 1944

Course: Holding position
Fuel: 292

---

“Good afternoon, Captain,” says Lieutenant Sugiyura. “I see we moved further north this morning. Do we have any new orders or information?”

“Good afternoon, Lieutenant,” replies Captain Ishii. “No, nothing new.”

“We seem to be just wandering around out here burning fuel,” grumbles Sugiyura.

“The Imperial Navy has fuel,” says Ishii calmly. “There are good reserves and one advantage of fighting closer to Japan is that we no longer need to keep large stocks in places like Truk and Kwajalein.”

“Hmph,” says Sugiyura, then adds "sir". He seems about to say something else but changes his mind and goes to study the log instead.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3099
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/9/2008 1:35:48 AM   
Cuttlefish

April 25, 1944

Fuel: 263

---

Excerpt from the personal diary of Petty Officer First Class Taiki Takahashi:

…and so it was just another quiet day of steaming in circles. There’s a lot of talk but no one really seems to know anything. That’s kind of the way things usually work, though.

I figure we have another week out here before we have to at least put in at Saipan. Maybe we will have some mail waiting there. I would love to hear from Sayumi and I have several letters to mail to her. I hope we get some leave time next time we return to Japan!

Petty Officer Aikawa asked me something odd today. He took me aside during the forenoon watch and asked me if I had noticed anything odd the last couple of nights. I told him I hadn’t. I was hoping he would give me more information but he just shook his head. I wonder what that was all about…

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3100
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/9/2008 2:11:42 AM   
Feinder

Ah so! There is mystery here!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Feinder -- 7/9/2008 2:16:04 AM >

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3101
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/9/2008 3:53:04 AM   
Skipjack

But what if Hibiki finally sinks off the Marshalls?  What if only 5 of the crew survive in a lifeboat?  Could it possilby look like this?

***HIJACK ALERT *** HIJACK ALERT ***
(May Cuttlefish forgive me )
And now for something completely different ...

Miharu        Still no sign of land ... How long is it?
Taiki        Thirty-three days, sir.
Miharu        Thirty-three days?
Taiki        Yes. We can't go hold out much longer, sir. We haven't had any food since the fifth day.
Aikawa        We're done for, we're done for!
Miharu        Shut up, Aikawa. We've just got to keep hoping someone will find us.
Riku        How are you feeling, captain?
Ishii        Not too good ... I ... feel ... so weak.
Taiki        We can't hold out much longer.
Ishii        Listen ... chaps ... there's one last chance. I'm done for, I've got a gammy leg, I'm going fast, I'll never get through ... but ... some of you might ... so you'd better eat me.
Miharu        Eat you, sir?
Ishii        Yes. Eat me.
Miharu        Uuuuggghhh! With a gammy leg?
Ishii        You don't have to eat the leg, Miharu, there's still plenty of good meat ... look at that arm.
Aikawa        It's not just the leg, sir.
Ishii        What do you mean?
Aikawa        Well, sir ... it's just that ...
Ishii        Why don't you want to eat me?
Aikawa        I'd rather eat Riku, sir. (he points at Riku)
Taiki        Oh, so would I, sir.
Ishii        I see.
Riku        Well, that's settled then. Everyone eats me.
Miharu        Well ... I ... er ...
Aikawa        What, sir?
Miharu        No, no, you go ahead, I won't ...
Riku        Nonsense, nonsense, sir, you're starving. Tuck in!
Miharu        No, no, it's not just that ...
Taiki        What's the matter with Riku, sir?
Miharu        Well, he's not kosher.
Aikawa        That depends how we kill him, sir.
Miharu        Yes, yes, I see that ... well to be quite frank, I like my meat a little more lean. I'd rather eat Taiki.
Taiki        (cheerfully) Oh well ... all right.
Aikawa        No, I'd still prefer Riku.
Ishii        I wish you'd all stop bickering and eat me.
Taiki        Look! I'll tell you what. Why don't those of us who want to, eat Riku, then you, sir, can eat my leg and then we'll make a stock of the Captain and then after that we can eat the rest of Riku cold for supper.
Miharu        Good thinking, Taiki.
Riku        And we'll finnish off with the peaches. (picks up a tin of peaches)
Aikawa        And we can start off with the advocados. (picks up a two advocados)
Miharu        Waitress! (a waitress walks in) We've decided now, we're going to have leg of Taiki ...

Boos off-screen. Cut to a letter
Voice Over     Dear Sir, I am glad to hear that your AAR audience disapproves of the last skit as strongly as I. As a naval officer I abhor the implication that the Imperial Japanese Navy is a haven for cannibalism. It is well known that we have the problem relatively under control, and that it is the Army who now suffer the largest casualties in this area.  Yours etc. Captain Joachim F. Ehrlich in a white wine sauce with shallots, mushrooms and garlic.

***END HIJACK ALERT *** END HIJACK ALERT ***

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 3102
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/9/2008 3:25:43 PM   
kaleun

That was funny!

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Skipjack)
Post #: 3103
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/9/2008 9:59:44 PM   
Cuttlefish

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

Ah so! There is mystery here!

This made me think of one of my favorite bits from the movie "Murder by Death", with Peter Sellers playing the Charlie Chan-like detective:

Sidney Wang: What meaning of this, Mr. Twain?
Lionel Twain: I will tell you, Mr. Wang, if you can tell me why a man who possesses one of the most brilliant minds of this century can't say his prepositions or articles. The, Mr. Wang. What is the meaning of this?
Sidney Wang: That what I said. What meaning of this?

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 3104
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/9/2008 10:01:07 PM   
Cuttlefish

Very good, Skipjack! And fitting; after all, Hibiki does have a Python on board.

(in reply to Skipjack)
Post #: 3105
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/9/2008 10:05:55 PM   
Cuttlefish

April 26, 1944

Fuel: 234

---

Petty Officer Okubo lies on his back looking up at the ceiling in the petty officer’s bunk room, which at this hour is faintly illuminated by a single lamp. He is not following Aikawa tonight; he does not need to. Aikawa’s movements when he makes his rounds on deck are as regular and predictable as clockwork. Okubo already knows everything he needs to know.

But he is still not asleep. He is trying to decide whether or not to proceed with his plan. Arranging an accident for Aikawa will be easy. It will also be almost without risk. Accidents happen, after all.

Okubo is not worried about the officers figuring anything out. They are idiots. Well, maybe not Ishii, but the captain is not likely to become involved. Takahashi is bright enough and knows enough but is entirely too trusting. Shun, though…the risk is Shun. And that is worth some thought.

Aikawa deserves a broken ankle or leg for humiliating Okubo. But if Okubo is going to arrange an accident he has to be absolutely sure he is not caught. He supposes he could just pick a fight with Aikawa the next time they are in port, but that is a fifty-fifty proposition at best. No, it is wisest to go with the sure thing. He goes over the details of the plan in his mind again, looking for any flaws.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3106
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/9/2008 10:36:12 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skipjack

I'm guessing Okubo is coming for retribution.  And he is not bringing a bottle of Sake with him, this time.

This was my thought.

(in reply to Skipjack)
Post #: 3107
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/9/2008 10:40:28 PM   
BrucePowers

If I had read further first.....Confirmed.

Post #: 3108
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/10/2008 12:23:19 AM   
tocaff

The best laid plans..........................

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

Post #: 3109
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/10/2008 12:28:36 AM   
Dixie

Looks like someone is going to get hurt. But who?

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 3110
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/11/2008 1:13:50 AM   
Cuttlefish

April 27, 1944

Fuel: 197

---

Petty Officer Okubo skulks swiftly and silently up the starboard side of the ship towards the steps leading to the foredeck. In one hand he clutches a small bulb filled with grease. He intends to spread it right at the top of the steps where he knows Aikawa always puts his foot. Aikawa always goes up the steps fast, even on a night as dark as this one. He will go up fast and come down hard.

It should look like an accident. Shun is responsible for overseeing the foredeck sweeps; maybe the big ape will get in trouble if Aikawa is hurt. That would be a bonus.

Okubo goes quickly. He has about two minutes until Aikawa arrives. He feels for and finds the handrail and is about to ascend the steps when he is hit from behind, low on the right just above the kidney. It feels like he has been struck by a ball-peen hammer and the pain is almost paralyzing. It doesn’t last long, though. Another blow crashes into the back of his head and everything goes dark.

---

As Aikawa nears the steps to the foredeck he makes out the dim shape of one of the starboard lookouts. The man is standing there looking carefully around.

“What is it, sailor?” Aikawa asks.

“I thought I heard something, Petty Officer” the sailor says. “Kind of a grunt or a groan or something. Did you hear anything?”

“I didn’t.” says Aikawa. “But I believe you.” He looks around, but cannot make out anything unusual in the gloom. “Nothing here now, though. Better return to your duties.”

“Yes, Petty Officer,” the sailor says. He moves back along the rail to his station. Aikawa shakes his head before climbing safely up the stairs to the foredeck. More sounds in the night. There’s something strange going on around here, he thinks.

---

Okubo wakes up, and quickly wishes he hadn’t. He has a monstrous headache and his lower right side is throbbing. He needs to urinate and he has a dreadful idea it is going to hurt like hell when he does.

What happened? How did he get back in his bunk? The disorientation recedes a little and he remembers his plan. Did he carry it out? Did he fall, suffering the fate he planned for Aikawa?

No. Okubo has been in enough fights to recognize that he has been hit, expertly and hard. Shun, he thinks. This is bad, very bad. He tries to sit up and then slumps back with a groan.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3111
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/11/2008 1:47:55 AM   
Cuttlefish

April 28, 1944

Course: Brownian?
Fuel: 168

---

“I don’t have any idea what we are up to,” says Ishii. “We have pulled slowly back towards Saipan, I would guess to put ourselves under cover of the airfields there. But what is the enemy doing? What are we out here waiting for?”

“Perhaps it is just Brownian motion, sir,” suggest Lieutenant Miharu.

“What?”

“The random motions of very small particles,” says the lieutenant. “First observed by a Scottish botanist named Brown about 60 years ago. Our ships are very small compared to the Pacific Ocean, so perhaps these are completely random movements.”

“Oh,” says Ishii. He shakes his head. “You and your education. Well, it is as good an explanation as anything. Is there anything we need to go over today?””

“No sir,” says his executive officer. “There are fuel and stores consumption reports waiting for your signature, and Lieutenant Sakati has finally submitted his crew evaluation reports. I will go over those tonight.”

“All right,” says Ishii. Lieutenant Miharu salutes and departs the captain’s cabin. He did not mention the one item most on his mind, the fact that Petty Officer Okubo was unable to report for duty today. Lieutenant Nakagawa says that the man’s injuries are consistent with a beating but Okubo stoutly maintains that he hurt himself in a fall.

Lieutenant Miharu plans to make a few inquiries. In the meantime Okubo is going to be on sick report for the next several days. That should keep him out of trouble for the time being.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3112
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/11/2008 2:00:49 AM   
tocaff

Okubo will never learn................

Todd

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3113
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/11/2008 3:55:18 AM   
princep01

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

Okubo will never learn................

Evil is nothing if not persistent.

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 3114
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/11/2008 8:37:27 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

“Perhaps it is just Brownian motion, sir,” suggest Lieutenant Miharu.

“What?”

“The random motions of very small particles,” says the lieutenant. “First observed by a Scottish botanist named Brown about 60 years ago. Our ships are very small compared to the Pacific Ocean, so perhaps these are completely random movements.”

There are captains beside Ishii who would not take kindly to such a comment. Still, it's an amusing thought. But Brownian motion wouldn't burn fuel at the rate Hibiki is doing.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3115
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/11/2008 11:12:33 PM   
Cuttlefish

April 29, 1944

Fuel: 287

---

The executive officer is the only person aboard other than the captain who has his own cabin. It seems almost too small to hold Chief Shun as he stands facing Lieutenant Miharu.

“Thank you for coming by, Chief,” says the lieutenant. This is only politeness on the officer’s part and Shun knows it; he has been summoned and coming here was not an optional matter. Still, Shun appreciates the illusion.

“Yes sir,” he says in his gravelly voice.

“I will be direct,” says Lieutenant Miharu. “Where were you Thursday night during the midwatch?”

“I was playing cards with Chief Shinoda and Lieutenant Kataoka, sir,” says Shun promptly. “I turned in at 0230 and was asleep thereafter. I believe Petty Officer Takahashi saw me when I entered the bunk room, sir.” He stands at attention, as solid and immoveable as some ancient statue of weathered stone.

“Did you see Petty Officer Okubo there?” Miharu asks.

“Yes sir,” says Shun. “He was in his bunk, in uniform, asleep.”

“More like unconscious, wouldn’t you say, Chief?”

“Sir, I do not know,” says Shun. “He seemed asleep to me, sir, but how would I tell without looking closely?” Lieutenant Miharu digests this and gazes at the chief for a moment.

“Did you know that Okubo was beaten on Thursday night, Chief?” he asks.

“I suspected it, sir,” Shun says. “I know he said he fell, but I can tell the difference.”

“Lieutenant Nakagawa says he was hit twice, hard, once above the kidney and once on the back of the neck. Hit hard, too. Nakagawa says he was probably incapacitated and unconscious immediately.”

“Yes sir,” says Shun evenly.

“Do you have an opinion about that, Chief Shun?” asks the lieutenant.

“Someone knew what they were doing, sir,” says Shun.

“To your knowledge, Chief, who aboard could do that?” says Miharu.

Shun does not hesitate. “Myself,” he says. “Lieutenant Sugiyura. The Captain.”

“Shinoda, Kataoka, Takahashi – they will all attest that they saw you that night, Chief?”

“Yes sir,” says Shun. Lieutenant Miharu thinks for a moment.

“Chief, you would not ask a shipmate to lie for you.” This is not a question, it is a statement. Shun does not respond. “You didn’t do it, did you, Chief?”

“No sir, I did not,” says Shun.

“Do you know who did?”

“No sir,” says Shun. Lieutenant Miharu strokes his chin. In Shun’s experience this means the lieutenant is trying to work through a problem.

“Petty Officer Aikawa says that a sailor posted at the starboard rail amidships reported hearing something that sounded like a brief scuffle,” he says. “This was at about 0200. But neither the sailor nor Aikawa saw or found anything.”

“Hm,” grunts Shun. “Sir,” he adds.

Miharu cocks his head to one side. “You have a thought, Chief?” he asks.

Shun shakes his head. “No sir,” he says.

Lieutenant Miharu looks slightly vexed. “We have a mystery on our hands, it seems,” he says.

“Yes sir,” says Shun. “I think we do.”

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3116
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/11/2008 11:18:48 PM   
tocaff

Todd

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3117
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/12/2008 12:59:11 AM   
Cuttlefish

April 30, 1944

Fuel: 258

---

It is Senior Petty Officer Okubo’s turn to visit Lieutenant Miharu’s cabin. He stand stiffly, and not just because he is at attention.

“It’s good to see you on your feet, Okubo,” the lieutenant says.

“Yes sir,” says Okubo. “Thank you, sir.”

Lieutenant Miharu picks up a piece of paper from his desk and looks at it. “Lieutenant Nakagawa’s report says that someone beat you, Petty Officer Okubo,” he says. “Yet you say you fell.”

“Sir, I…I must have fallen in just a way so it looks like I was in a fight, sir.”

“I did not say you were in a fight,” the lieutenant says dryly. “I said someone beat you. Your knuckles are not scratched or bruised and at any rate Nakagawa thinks you probably went down immediately. What happened?”

“I fell, sir,” says Okubo.

Lieutenant Miharu’s expression does not change, but his words come out hard and clipped. “The truth now, Petty Officer Okubo. That is an order. What happened to you?”

Okubo takes a deep breath. “Sir, I don’t know,” he says reluctantly. “I was not feeling well, so I went up on deck around 0200 to get some air. I was on the starboard side near the foredeck. I…I really don’t know what happened, sir. I just don’t remember. All I know is that I woke up in my bunk feeling like hell. Sir.”

“You never saw who hit you?” asks Miharu.

“No sir,” says the petty officer. “It was very dark and I must have been hit from behind.”

“So someone jumped you, knocked you out, and then spirited you below decks and deposited you in your bunk,” says the lieutenant. “I would say that was absurd, but it does seem to be what happened. Why would anyone attack you, Okubo?”

“I do not know,” says Okubo.

Lieutenant Miharu leans his tall, narrow frame back in his chair and looks steadily at Okubo. “Come now,” he says. “Let us be honest. You are not the most loved person on this ship, Okubo. No, don’t protest, it’s true. Anyway, being popular is not part of your job. There must be at least forty sailors on board who would love to take a crack at you. Have there been any unusual incidents lately? Is there someone out there who might be willing to risk attacking a superior to get revenge on you?”

“No sir,” says Okubo. Lieutenant Miharu stares at him for a long moment.

“Would it interest you to know, Petty Officer,” he says, “that several people, including an officer, have attested that they were with Chief Petty Officer Shun around the time you were attacked?”

Okubo’s expression betrays real surprise for just a moment before he brings his expression back under control. “Sir. No sir. Why would I be interested in that, sir?”

Miharu picks up a pencil and taps it on his desk. “You really don’t know who did it, do you?” he says quietly.

“No sir,” says Okubo.

“But I would bet my next month’s salary you know more than you are telling me,” says the lieutenant. “I am going to get to the bottom of this, Petty Officer Okubo. Telling me everything now would be better for you than having to tell it later at a Captain’s Mast.”

“Sir, I have told you the truth,” Okubo says almost desperately.

“As far as it goes, I believe you,” replies Lieutenant Miharu. “That is all, Okubo. You are dismissed.”

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3118
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/12/2008 1:42:11 AM   
Alikchi2

Ooh, this is good! *rubs hands together*

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 3119
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 7/12/2008 9:33:35 PM   
Skipjack

"Who shot J.R." - Hibiki style 

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 3120
Page:   <<   < prev  102 103 [104] 105 106   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Small Ship, Big War Page: <<   < prev  102 103 [104] 105 106   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI