Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SuperBowl Predictions!!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> The Red Zone! >> SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/3/2007 7:55:10 AM   
Shaggyra

Here's mine:
Bears 38 - Colts 20
Whats yours?

Post #: 1
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/3/2007 6:36:34 PM   
nmleague

Cant see the Bears scoring 38, even against a college team Colts 27 Bears 17.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 2
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/3/2007 6:54:04 PM   
firebirds

AARRGGHH ! ! nmleague beat me to my prediction. Called up the thread and had to walk away from the screen to get the kids some juice. That was the exact score I predicted to my coworkers yesterday.

Yup, Colts 27 - Bears 17

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 3
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/3/2007 8:24:39 PM   
dreamtheatervt

Da Bears 26,533,532...God 3.  Ditka gives him a field goal so he doesn't feel bad.

Colts 23 - Bears 20

< Message edited by dreamtheatervt -- 2/3/2007 8:39:28 PM >

(in reply to firebirds)
Post #: 4
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/3/2007 8:28:52 PM   
prisonerno6

I do not know why, but I believe we are in store for a blowout. Colts 41 Bears 17

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 5
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/3/2007 11:36:44 PM   
Breeze

I know why.  Peyton Manning...Rex Grossman.  Neither team will be able to run the ball much.

Colts 38-17.

(in reply to prisonerno6)
Post #: 6
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/4/2007 5:12:39 AM   
jrodsly

Bears win 35-21

Back from the dead, I'm here to make ammends with the people I've ticked off and the people that were nice enough to make stuff I requested.

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 7
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/4/2007 5:22:26 PM   
redwolf1

Colts 34 Bears 28

Game will be won in the second quarter. Grossman will try too hard and things will start to fall apart with the Colts scoring 14 points off of turn-overs. Grossman will actually get it back together in the second half and make a game of it, but the Colts will hold on to win. Manning will be good, but not "great".

Darndest thing is I still can't decide who I am going to route for...

(in reply to jrodsly)
Post #: 8
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/4/2007 5:36:35 PM   
Tullius

Bears 35 Colts 10

Defense and Special Teams destroy the Colts and Grossman has one of his better days. Manning will look like the QB of the past years in the playoffs losing against the Steelers or the Patriots.

< Message edited by Tullius -- 2/4/2007 5:50:17 PM >

(in reply to redwolf1)
Post #: 9
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/5/2007 7:29:27 AM   
Tbird

I really wasn't rooting for anyone

I was kinda sick of the media picking on Rex so I wanted him to silence the media because sometimes they take things too far. But at the same time I wanted to see Tony Dungee and Manning get over hump.  I was hoping someone would slip on the stage during the halftime show

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 10
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/5/2007 2:53:18 PM   
Tullius

So although my predicitions was only true for the first quarter it was a deserved win for the Colts because they were three quarter the better team on both sides of the ball.

Interesting was the question why the Bears have lost. Some reporters blame Grossman but i have found some interesting opinions that the play calling by both coordinators was terrible. Especilly the "Prevent" defense by the Bears was under flak. An ohter aspect was that Grossman was forced to throw too many deep passes. Something Manning did not.

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 11
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/5/2007 8:37:00 PM   
Shaggyra

nmleague, firebirds  - Congrats!  Very close in you prediction!  Well done.

Tullius - I blame the play calling on both sides also.  Curious is the very best you can call it. 

Jones was running the ball well and they only got him 15 carries (Some of those were too late to make a difference)  Benson going down no doubt changed their game plan some, but this much?

Grossman had a few mistakes.  The biggest being fumbling two snaps.  (UGH!!)  The first interception was a back braker, the second really didn't make make a difference.  The biggest problem was the location of the passes, i.e.  Either short (behind) the LOS or the type of long pass that is difficult for anyone in that kind of rain.  Passing when you probably run and vice-versa.  

The defense was no where near aggressive enough.  The first qtr they played very aggresive and were getting to Peyton, but after that breakdown in coverage which allowed the first Colt TD they backed off and let Peyton throw underneath and take the 6-10 yards per pass.  (even on 3 and 5)

Very frustrating.  I have watched every down of every Bears game this year (and many previous) and I don't ever remember being this disappointed in a gameplan. 

Thank God for Hester!  Exciting guy.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 12
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/5/2007 10:21:16 PM   
nmleague

It would be easy to point a finger at Grossman and make him the goat, but the combination of nerves, inexperience and the terrible game conditions had a big impact on his performance.  The second iterception may have been more a case of trying to throw long with a slippery ball.  ESPN had an interview with Peyton Manning, he was saying how his thumb was sore all week and that he couldnt grip the ball hard, but he said that in conditions like they had in the game, the QB doesnt really want to grip the ball hard, greater chance of fumbling.  So I can see an iexperience Grossman, under pressure, trying to get a strong grip on the ball, and fumbling.  Grant his play was not very good, but the OL didnt do a great job of pass protection, and bottom line, the defense just couldnt get the Colts offense off the field.

Oh the first interception by Grossman, the one returned for a TD, was a terrible play by him, he just threw the ball up for grabs.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 13
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/6/2007 3:56:55 AM   
firebirds

IMHO, 50% of the Bears problem was that Rex couldn't do what was necessary and/or turned the ball over at the worst time (that is if there is ever a good time to turn the ball over) but I would definately have to say that just as important if not the very most import aspect is that the vaunted Chicago defense couldn't get the Colts offense off the field in the second half. As the saying goes, if you give anybody enough chances they will beat you and with the Bears not nearly getting enough chances they had no chance.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 14
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/6/2007 7:03:46 AM   
David Winter

Dear Bed.

Sorry about that.

Signed
The Chicago Bears

(in reply to firebirds)
Post #: 15
RE: SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! - 2/6/2007 3:03:01 PM   
jrodsly

damn. the Bears should have ran it!

Back from the dead, I'm here to make ammends with the people I've ticked off and the people that were nice enough to make stuff I requested.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> The Red Zone! >> SuperBowl Predictions!!!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI