Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Edit units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Edit units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Edit units - 2/6/2007 6:29:43 AM   
Zort

Is there a way to take a squad out of a unit or do I have to recreate the unit from scratch?
Post #: 1
RE: Edit units - 2/6/2007 8:05:55 AM   
JAMiAM

I assume that you mean changing the authorized level of equipment to a lower (or different) number?

In that case, simply click on the equipment in the list (right pane) and re-enter the number that you want.

If you mean to change the assigned level, then just click on the already authorized level, in the left pane, and enter the new number.

(in reply to Zort)
Post #: 2
RE: Edit units - 2/6/2007 2:04:48 PM   
Telumar

And if you enter 0 as a new authorized level the equipment disappears from the unit.

If you plan to do this for more than one unit, you can modify one unit and when you're done press G. This will copy the unit's equipment to the buffer. Select the next you wish to look the same way and press A. You need not to press G again if you want to change more units to look the same way, the first unit's equipment is still in the buffer.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 3
RE: Edit units - 2/6/2007 4:44:48 PM   
Zort

Thanks guys, it was late for me last night and this morning I figured that would be the answer.... Spending too many waking hours playing.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 4
RE: Edit units - 2/6/2007 5:03:38 PM   
ralphtricky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

And if you enter 0 as a new authorized level the equipment disappears from the unit.

If you plan to do this for more than one unit, you can modify one unit and when you're done press G. This will copy the unit's equipment to the buffer. Select the next you wish to look the same way and press A. You need not to press G again if you want to change more units to look the same way, the first unit's equipment is still in the buffer.

I'll try to add in the standard <ctrl>-C,X,V sometime.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 5
RE: Edit units - 2/6/2007 8:47:02 PM   
Veers

quote:

It could be useful to have a button that just copied the last number of eq that you entered in, eh? So if you went and designed a hundred units, then forgot to enter in that they had 10 HMGs, you could just add them to one, then go through and 'paste' only that eq number and type into already finished units.

To repeat history in a game is to be predictable.
If you wish to learn more about EA, feel free to pop over to the EA forums Europe Aflame Forums.

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 6
RE: Edit units - 2/7/2007 1:03:10 AM   
Telumar

Btw, there is still the problem that some units can't be exported as a .unt file. What is the reason for this? Is this known to the TOAD guys? What would be a further enhancement would be the possibility to export formations.

(in reply to Veers)
Post #: 7
RE: Edit units - 2/7/2007 1:42:12 AM   
Nemo69

quote:

Btw, there is still the problem that some units can't be exported as a .unt file. What is the reason for this? Is this known to the TOAD guys? What would be a further enhancement would be the possibility to export formations.

Which ones? Could it be related to naming issues - units with a slash in their name for instance that the OS wouldn't accept as a valid filename?
Ditto about the last point.

Fais ce que dois

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 8
RE: Edit units - 2/7/2007 1:51:43 AM   
ralphtricky

quote:

You mean including objectives, characteristics, and stuff like that? Yeah, that would be neat, wouldn't it...
<whistles tunelessly and walks off>

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 9
RE: Edit units - 2/7/2007 9:39:55 AM   
Telumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo69

quote:

Which ones? Could it be related to naming issues - units with a slash in their name for instance that the OS wouldn't accept as a valid filename?

Ja. Exactly. Weird - as the option is "save unit as" and you can chose another name anyway.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

You mean including objectives, characteristics, and stuff like that? Yeah, that would be neat, wouldn't it...

Not necessarily objectives, but the rest, yes.

(still thinking about how to interprete your tuneless whistling..)

< Message edited by Telumar -- 2/7/2007 9:53:34 AM >

(in reply to Nemo69)
Post #: 10
RE: Edit units - 2/7/2007 11:17:40 AM   
Nemo69

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ja. Exactly. Weird - as the option is "save unit as" and you can chose another name anyway.

Yeah. The good thing is that you can name your .unt file as you like (provided you're within Windows file naming limitations): when loaded back into the editor it'll show up with it's TOAW name, 7th/8th KOSB or 501/503 RCC for instance.

< Message edited by Nemo69 -- 2/7/2007 11:31:49 AM >

Fais ce que dois

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 11
RE: Edit units - 2/7/2007 7:08:22 PM   
Veers

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You know how you whistle and walk away when you're inoccent? Kind of, "I didn't do it." Well, I think he did it, or is plannign to do it. :D

If you wish to learn more about EA, feel free to pop over to the EA forums Europe Aflame Forums.

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 12
RE: Edit units - 2/8/2007 3:13:53 AM   
ralphtricky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veers
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You know how you whistle and walk away when you're inoccent? Kind of, "I didn't do it." Well, I think he did it, or is plannign to do it. :D

If I were to do something like that, it might look something like this... Spaces replaces by '.'. I'm not admitting that I've done anyting like this, BTW.

Bonus points if you can name the scenario that this was hypothetically taken from!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<OOB>
..<FORCE ID="1">
....<FORMATION ID="1" NAME="111th Pz Brigade" PROFICIENCY="60" SUPPLY="60" SUPPORTSCOPE="Army Support" ORDERS="Delay" EMPHASIS="Limit Losses">
......<OBJECTIVES TRACK="1">
........<OBJECTIVE ID="1" DESCRIPTION="13,14 (Moussey)" X="13" Y="14"/>
........<OBJECTIVE ID="2" DESCRIPTION="13,12 (Maizieres)" X="13" Y="12"/>
........<OBJECTIVE ID="3" DESCRIPTION="8,12 (Moncourt)" X="8" Y="12"/>
......</OBJECTIVES>
......<OBJECTIVES TRACK="2"/>
......<OBJECTIVES TRACK="3"/>
......<UNIT ID="1" NAME="111 Pz Brig HQ" ICON="Headquarters" ICONID="0" COLOR="10" SIZE="Brigade" EXPERIENCE="untried" PROFICIENCY="70" READINESS="60" SUPPLY="60" X="13" Y="14" EMPHASIS="Limit Losses" PARENT="1" STATUS="8" REPLACEMENTPRIORITY="0">
........<EQUIPMENT ID="1" NAME="Engineer Squad" NUMBER="10" MAX="12"/>
........<EQUIPMENT ID="2" NAME="Rifle AT- Squad" NUMBER="7" MAX="8"/>
........<EQUIPMENT ID="3" NAME="SMG AT- Squad" NUMBER="5" MAX="6"/>
........<EQUIPMENT ID="4" NAME="Motorcycle Squad" NUMBER="4" MAX="4"/>
........<EQUIPMENT ID="5" NAME="SdKfz 251/9" NUMBER="2" MAX="2"/>
........<EQUIPMENT ID="6" NAME="SdKfz 251/10" NUMBER="2" MAX="2"/>
........<EQUIPMENT ID="7" NAME="SdKfz 251/1" NUMBER="20" MAX="26"/>
........<EQUIPMENT ID="8" NAME="75mm AT Gun" NUMBER="2" MAX="2"/>
........<EQUIPMENT ID="9" NAME="Medium MG" NUMBER="3" MAX="3"/>
........<EQUIPMENT ID="10" NAME="Heavy MG" NUMBER="2" MAX="2"/>
........<EQUIPMENT ID="11" NAME="81mm Mortar" NUMBER="2" MAX="2"/>
......</UNIT>
....</FORMATION>
..</FORCE>
</OOB>

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---

(in reply to Veers)
Post #: 13
RE: Edit units - 2/8/2007 3:18:30 AM   
JAMiAM

Oh! Oh! Oh! <jumps up and down excitedly> I know!

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 14
RE: Edit units - 2/8/2007 6:05:17 AM   
SMK-at-work

arracourt?

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 15
RE: Edit units - 2/8/2007 7:14:56 AM   
ralphtricky

quote:

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work
arracourt?

We have a winner!

OK, you guys are officially scary!

Next time, I'll try an arbitrary unit from FitE.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 16
RE: Edit units - 2/8/2007 8:27:50 PM   
Veers

Yep, Arracourt, it's the place names and the 111th that give it away (Hmm...duh, that's all that's there to give it away! ). I don't know about anyone else, but I must have played that one a dozen times when I was learning and a dozen more when I taught Frances how to play. It's the classic learning scenario, eh?

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 17
RE: Edit units - 2/8/2007 11:00:13 PM   
JAMiAM

I hope you were a gentleman, and gave her the American side to play...

(in reply to Veers)
Post #: 18
RE: Edit units - 2/9/2007 3:14:00 AM   
Veers

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

I hope you were a gentleman, and gave her the American side to play...

Of course! Not that it made a difference in the eventual outcome.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 19
RE: Edit units - 2/9/2007 3:29:21 AM   
SMK-at-work

i canot claim any great knowledge - as Veers says  a quick google of 111th Panzer Brigade and moncourt was all it took!

(in reply to Veers)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Edit units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI