Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gameplans and Playbook Profiles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Gameplans and Playbook Profiles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gameplans and Playbook Profiles - 2/7/2007 5:15:44 PM   
Bobolini

New to Forum and curious about this game. I played the original Front Page Sports game. Can any of you Max-Football guru's tell me if this game has the same feel?

I am not interested in joysticking. I like to create fictional leagues and playbooks. I enjoy designing plays and also gameplans. I haven't seen much talk about gameplans. I enjoy running gameplans and watching my team against other AI teams. Is this unlike FPS? Any feedback on old FPS guru's would be helpful.

I do like the sound of many aspects of this game but before I plop $50 down I want to make sure this will satisfy my sinful needs.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 2/8/2007 12:01:25 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: New to Forum and curious... - 2/7/2007 5:46:34 PM   
Bobolini

Ok, I'm a loser... I found a few more discussions on this after moseying around the forum. I'm sorry to take up your guys time by rehashing old stuff.

I do have one question that I'm not clear on and this has to do with gameplans. Do you set up situational off and def profiles for ewach team and is this similar to FPS's gameplan? Are these the same thing? Thanks

(in reply to Bobolini)
Post #: 2
RE: New to Forum and curious... - 2/7/2007 7:09:29 PM   
Tbird

yes
you can :) but it's per playbook

you set them up in the playbook itself

(in reply to Bobolini)
Post #: 3
RE: New to Forum and curious... - 2/7/2007 9:14:17 PM   
Marauders

quote:

... about this game. I played the original Front Page Sports game. Can any of you Max-Football guru's tell me if this game has the same feel?

In my opinion, it is a lot like FBPro in many ways.  Of course, FBPro Canada and FBPro Indoor as well.

quote:

I am not interested in joysticking. I like to create fictional leagues and playbooks. I enjoy designing plays and also gameplans.

The coaching mode would be great for you.  Maximum-Football has very detailed playbook creation in the PDS, and each playbook has a game profile.

quote:

I haven't seen much talk about gameplans. I enjoy running gameplans and watching my team against other AI teams. Is this unlike FPS? Any feedback on old FPS guru's would be helpful.  I do have one question that I'm not clear on and this has to do with gameplans. Do you set up situational off and def profiles for each team and is this similar to FPS's gameplan? Are these the same thing?

As Tbird stated, each playbook has an associated profile.  Each team can have their own playbook if you like, but most people run just a few playbooks for a league.

Note that one does not have to set up 32 or 64 plays for a gameplan like FBPro.  All plays are available for the profile.

Maximum-Football does not have first and second half profiles at this time, but it may, along with other new features, in future versions of the game.  Just assume that the end of the half is the end of the game, and it will work fine in most cases.

quote:

I do like the sound of many aspects of this game but before I plop $50 down I want to make sure this will satisfy my sinful needs.

If you do the download, it is ten bucks less.  Make sure you get the latest patch.

quote:

I found a few more discussions on this after moseying around the forum. I'm sorry to take up your guys time by rehashing old stuff.

These are good questions.  I don't mind rehashing them for FBPro players.

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 4
RE: New to Forum and curious... - 2/7/2007 10:44:00 PM   
Bobolini

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

If you do the download, it is ten bucks less.  Make sure you get the latest patch.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies and what version would I be looking for if I downloaded? I see a beta version for download. Should I just download the current version and the patch with the beta?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: New to Forum and curious... - 2/7/2007 11:44:53 PM   
Marauders

You can download the current version and patch to the beta if you want the game quickly.  It is pretty simple to do. 

There will likely be a new base version based on the patched version that is being tested in the private forum.  This will be the new patch released as well, so either way, you will get the same game.  That should just about cover release 3.0.

David is already working on 3.5 additions to the game, those will come as they are completed and tested. 

I should have the Playmaker Tools ready after changes are made to the depth charts.  The Playmaker Tools will allow quick access to formations and pass routes.  This will keep the PDS from getting cluttered with twenty user created versions of the same formation.

(in reply to Bobolini)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Gameplans and Playbook Profiles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI