Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TOAW and Vista

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> TOAW and Vista Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TOAW and Vista - 2/10/2007 8:29:27 AM   
MPHopcroft1

Is there anything I should be aware of before trying to reinstall TAOW III on Vista? One of my publishers gave me the upgrade and I need to relocate the files so I can install the game -- and also be sure there aren't any massive compatibility issues that will doom the effort.

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin
Post #: 1
RE: TOAW and Vista - 2/10/2007 9:11:11 AM   
JAMiAM

We haven't tested TOAW III on Vista. However, you can either be the guinea pig and report back to us, or you could send me $500 to cover the cost of a copy of Vista and a new hard drive to install it on. Then I'll let you know how it works...on my computer...

Seriously though, I would be interested to know what comes of it, and good luck.

(in reply to MPHopcroft1)
Post #: 2
RE: TOAW and Vista - 2/10/2007 7:46:17 PM   
ralphtricky

I think that someone has already posted that they had it running on Vista. It doesn't do anything fancy, and still runs on Windows 98, so I'd expect it to run fine on Vista. Let me know if it doesn't, and I'll set up a virtual machine, load Vista and troubleshoot it.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW III Programmer

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 3
RE: TOAW and Vista - 2/10/2007 11:38:38 PM   
MPHopcroft1

I will be more than happy to do any ginuea-pigging required on TOAW, once I recover my install file (one thing I've learned already is that even if the game file is ported intact, the registry entires are not and therefore a reinstall is neccesary). since I downloaded my copy, and paid for it with a card I no longer use, it will take time to recover my order. I may even have to re-purchase it.

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 4
RE: TOAW and Vista - 2/10/2007 11:44:12 PM   
wesy

Hi - I can confiirm that TOAW runs on Vista Enterprise. I've noticed a couple of video issues - but I think that's due to the nVidia device drivers on my toshiba notebook which were also problematic during the beta2 and RC1. However I haven't tried to repro the bug though.

Post #: 5
RE: TOAW and Vista - 2/10/2007 11:56:56 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: MPHopcroft

I will be more than happy to do any ginuea-pigging required on TOAW, once I recover my install file (one thing I've learned already is that even if the game file is ported intact, the registry entires are not and therefore a reinstall is neccesary). since I downloaded my copy, and paid for it with a card I no longer use, it will take time to recover my order. I may even have to re-purchase it.

You should not have to repurchase it. Contact support@matrixgames.com and pm Erik Rutins. They are very good at resolving issues such as these. When you're up and running, please post here, and let us know how it went. Thanks!

Post #: 6
RE: TOAW and Vista - 2/10/2007 11:58:48 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: wesy

Hi - I can confiirm that TOAW runs on Vista Enterprise. I've noticed a couple of video issues - but I think that's due to the nVidia device drivers on my toshiba notebook which were also problematic during the beta2 and RC1. However I haven't tried to repro the bug though.

Yeah...nVidia is taking a lot of heat from not having a good set of display drivers available at Vista's rollout. Thanks for the feedback and if you can get screenshots, or other descriptions, please post here so that we can keep the community informed.

(in reply to wesy)
Post #: 7
RE: TOAW and Vista - 2/11/2007 12:05:50 AM   
Sham_13

For me TOAW runs pretty much the same under Vista Home Premium (even with Aero and 64-bit) as it did under XP.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 8
RE: TOAW and Vista - 2/14/2007 10:35:32 PM   
paradoxes

I just purchased, installed and ran the game on my Gateway notebook with Vista Home Premium and an ATI Radeon Express 200 video card. There seem to be no problems.

(in reply to Sham_13)
Post #: 9
RE: TOAW and Vista - 2/14/2007 11:03:58 PM   
JAMiAM

Thanks for the feedback, and the purchase. Enjoy!

(in reply to paradoxes)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> TOAW and Vista Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI