Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

64-Bit?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> 64-Bit? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
64-Bit? - 2/14/2007 3:32:49 AM   
Kameleonic

I bought the game a few hours ago, digital download, and just installed it. Every time I run the game it goes to a black screen, plays a bit of a tune in the background - loading or whatever sound, then just hangs at the black screen with the black cursor. Ctrl+Alt+Delete = Close Combat - Not Responding.

I'm using Windows Pro - 64-Bit. Are you telling me that after your rebuilding of the game that you ignored 64-Bit Windows users?

I changed the Compatibility to Windows XP, and no change.

$40...
Post #: 1
RE: 64-Bit? - 2/14/2007 3:49:02 AM   
Erik Rutins

Windows XP 64-Bit is not one of our supported operating systems in general as it does have some significant compatibility issues remaining and these are Microsoft's responsibility to fix, not ours. We've always said that users with XP 64 should not assume standard XP titles will work for them. As someone running XP 64, I assume you are familiar with the fact that it is not 100% XP 32 compatible in practice. If you purchase without checking the OS list and/or assume that XP means XP 64, that's not a wise decision.

With that said, there's every possibility that it could work given tweaking. I would first of all check your system to see if all your drivers are up to date. Second, try disabling sound in the OS to see if that changes anything. Try turning all DirectX acceleration off in DxDiag to see if that helps. Try deleting or replacing the in-game intro movie files to see if it's a code issue if you're not even getting far enough to see those - this last one may be particularly worth pursuing since the codecs installed may not (for all I know) be compatible with XP 64.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Kameleonic)
Post #: 2
RE: 64-Bit? - 2/14/2007 6:08:21 AM   
Randall Grubb

One does not have to delete the videos. Hold down Ctrl as you initiate the CC3.exe. This will bring up the Options window. Uncheck the Enable Videos box in the General tab. Close the window and CoI should launch.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: 64-Bit? - 2/16/2007 2:35:46 AM   
pahom

You may want to try installing the game into the Program Files (x86) directory. I am running Vista 64 and this game runs fine without compatibility mode. Sometimes the compatibility for NT 4.0 makes a difference. Have you tried that one?

(in reply to Randall Grubb)
Post #: 4
RE: 64-Bit? - 2/16/2007 9:02:29 PM   
Theages

I am using Win XP Prof. x64. The program itself runs fine. The videos run fine. Perhaps there is a problem with your video card driver? There could also be a problem with the required codec for playing the intro movie. If it is using "REALPLAYER" or "Quicktime" calls for playback, using "REAL Alternative" and / or "Quicktime Alternative" may solve the problem (http://www.codecpackguide.com)

Edit: Seems the program uses some Intel codecs. So installing the "alternatives" probly won't solve the problem.

< Message edited by Theages -- 2/16/2007 9:26:43 PM >

(in reply to Kameleonic)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> 64-Bit? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI