Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OK, Someone "Sell Me" on This Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> RE: OK, Someone "Sell Me" on This Game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OK, Someone "Sell Me" on This Game - 3/14/2007 12:36:59 AM   
parusski

spadman if your wife is like mine she always knows when I get a knew game. I don't know how she does it, it might be because I lock the door to my office and the loud explosions she hears.

I am also sick of the whinning about the cost of the game. I have stated several times before that Matrix is the best gaming company out there. Never have I received the level of support from any other company or bought so many games from any other company. I really thought this COI would be $49.95, and planned to pay that. So $39.95 was a pleasant surprise. Ravinhood, do you feel that the CIV series is a rip off, after all I have purchased every version of Civilization(I-IV), plus the add ons. They all have needed patches.

I too throw my hat in with Prince-tons of new stuff-I am loving it. And it works just fine with Vista.

Oh yeah, KG get cable or DSL. It is 2007

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to spadman)
Post #: 31
RE: OK, Someone "Sell Me" on This Game - 3/14/2007 1:36:29 AM   
Zakhal

quote:

I started a MM game last night (Massive Nultiplayer). I looked at the map, selected a sector and the computer was waiting for an opponent. I decided NOT to wait and played the sector me v AI. I won (although it was a tough fight) and I won the sector. I left it knowing I had got the sector for the Germans. Looking tonight, that same sector, and more, had been taken...so my plan to swing north and south and trap the "bulge" of Ruskies had failed.

Is there a strategic level of anykind to the campaign? Or is it just "capture the next square". The singleplayer campaign looks pretty light compared to old cc2. I would be happy for any details.

Veteran game reviewer and wargamer Jukka O Kauppinen recommends this game warmly. Reviews say its one of the best wargames this year. Theater of war preorder is less than week away though so Im kind of on the edge.

< Message edited by Zakhal -- 3/14/2007 1:38:09 AM >

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 32
RE: OK, Someone "Sell Me" on This Game - 3/14/2007 3:03:49 AM   
Andrew Williams

The strategic layer is linear.

But there is an added Strategic Layer MMCC3.

you can encircle opponents, cut off supply etc etc.

This can be played as a single player/h2h/ or a combination of both

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 33
RE: OK, Someone "Sell Me" on This Game - 3/14/2007 3:45:44 AM   
Zakhal

quote:

ORIGINAL: schrecken

The strategic layer is linear.

But there is an added Strategic Layer MMCC3.

you can encircle opponents, cut off supply etc etc.

This can be played as a single player/h2h/ or a combination of both

Yeah the SP is but I was asking bout MM. All i see is som squares. Supply cut sounds good. I might even pay a modest sub if they were to continue developing it (add actual units etc).

< Message edited by Zakhal -- 3/14/2007 3:58:29 AM >

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 34
RE: OK, Someone "Sell Me" on This Game - 3/14/2007 3:19:48 PM   
vonB

MMCCIII is radically different to traditional 'Strategic' game play.  Normally you would expect to have resources (Units etc) based on the territory (square/hex/whatever), and is based on the actions and activities in that 'Sector'.  This is not the case with MMCCIII.  It does not matter which Sector you are looking at, any action that takes place there is dependent on your personal game state.  The same goes for any other players.  This means that any Sector will be different (apart from the Map, Deployment area, VL's etc) for every different player.  The view of that Sector depends on the player not the Strategic Map.

In your first MMCCIII battle, you will start with your battle group.  The next battle you play, regardless of what Sector it is) will still be based on what is left in your battle group from the last battle.  In this way, you follow your battle group through the whole campaign in very much the same way as the basic game plays.

The 'MM' of MMCCIII, is about being able to have any number of players on the Strategic Map at the same time.  You fight for Sectors on the Strategic Map.  In that way, you can have many players (MM) concurrently.  However, when it comes to fighting a battle, CoI will only fight H2H or Single Player.  There is no 2x2 or 3x3 multiplayer capability in CoI.

The game play at the Strategic level (MMCCIII) is straightforward.  Fight for Sectors.  There are simple properties that provide some variety and relativity in the campaign (how many req poitns you get etc), but the buzz in the MM is fighting alongside other players on your side to conquer the Strategic Map.

I would say it is not very user friendly, but is not complicated.  Once you get the hang of it, you will wonder what the fuss was all about.  The most common hassle I have seen posted relates to Internet connectivity (getting MMCCIII Client and CoI H2H to work through Routers/Firewalls etc.).

The fact you can join in anytime makes this a very convenient service, and is an excellent companion to the CoI experience imo.

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> RE: OK, Someone "Sell Me" on This Game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI