Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The roads at Nijmegen (???)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battlefront >> The roads at Nijmegen (???) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The roads at Nijmegen (???) - 2/16/2007 1:56:45 AM   
PaulWRoberts

I'm playing Market-Garden as Allies, and I control all of Nijmegen (except for one victory hex northeast of the road bridge). However, the two major bridges there still show as red, even though I have units on both sides of both. (The bridges are not blown. Red = enemy control, supposedly.) I can move recon and infantry units across, but not armor. What do I do to make the bridges usable for my armor? I've been stalled this way for a couple of turns and don't know what to do.
Post #: 1
RE: The roads at Nijmegen (???) - 2/16/2007 5:00:21 AM   
PaulWRoberts

Figured it out:  The western bridge didn't open onto terrain my armor could use, and the eastern bridge was blocked by the strongpoint I still had to reduce.

Still, I wonder why some bridges still show as red (in F12 view) when I control the roads and all the terrain around.

(in reply to PaulWRoberts)
Post #: 2
RE: The roads at Nijmegen (???) - 2/18/2007 7:47:01 AM   
Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paul Roberts

I'm playing Market-Garden as Allies, and I control all of Nijmegen (except for one victory hex northeast of the road bridge). However, the two major bridges there still show as red, even though I have units on both sides of both. (The bridges are not blown. Red = enemy control, supposedly.) I can move recon and infantry units across, but not armor. What do I do to make the bridges usable for my armor? I've been stalled this way for a couple of turns and don't know what to do.

As you figured out, the western bridge at Nijmegen is only good for certain units - it's the eastern bridge that is the real prize. You need to get your artillery up there ASAP to take care of strongpoints that might block it, and also reserve airpower for this important job.

Gregor

Vice President, Strategic Studies Group
See http://www.ssg.com.au and http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
for info and free scenarios.

(in reply to PaulWRoberts)
Post #: 3
RE: The roads at Nijmegen (???) - 2/23/2007 7:14:59 AM   
bos

NIJMEGEN Railway Bridge -
10 span steel bridge.3 elliptical bowstring arches. 2 through type steel girder and 5 deck type steel girder spans. The latter arc on the North banks. Overall length is 2100 ft. Width of water is 1390 ft. Width of road is minimum of 10 ft. Bridge not suitable for quick conversion to vehicular traffic.

Annex 1.b. to Field Order 11. 11 September 1944.

< Message edited by bos -- 2/23/2007 7:31:17 AM >

(in reply to Gregor_SSG)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battlefront >> The roads at Nijmegen (???) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI