Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Update request: speedup

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> Update request: speedup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Update request: speedup - 2/16/2007 10:49:10 PM   
Grendel

Given the enhancements even in the strategy/rts game genres, some features of CoI feel outdated.

One if the poor control of game speed. I've much enjoy a larger ability to control the battle happenings, specifically to make things happen faster when needed. Unnecessary waiting of AI enemy forces to decide what they'll make is annoying. 30 minute long battles with mostly nothing happening is not that fun. Not even 10 minutes.

I'd much enjoy if the game had a modern style faster/slower commands, for example in the numpad +/- keys as in industry standard, that would allow me to speed up the game to 10x the normal speed or even faster, when there is nothing happening.
Post #: 1
RE: Update request: speedup - 2/16/2007 11:11:05 PM   
Beeblebrox

If you haven't noticed yet, there are 3 game speed settings available, Slow, Medium, Fast.  The default is Medium.

At any time you can press [F8] to get to this Option/Setting.

Thanks for that comment.  I have added it to the agenda for consideration on subsequent productions.

CoI is 'old' technology, and does appear dated alongside the whizz bang state of the art graphics heavy production.  However, it still gives the best tactical (in battle) game play as a modern era squad level military sim/game in my opinion.

(in reply to Grendel)
Post #: 2
RE: Update request: speedup - 2/17/2007 12:23:12 PM   
Grendel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beeblebrox

If you haven't noticed yet, there are 3 game speed settings available, Slow, Medium, Fast. The default is Medium.

I have. The fast option is much too slow for my liking, when nothing is happening or the units are just going back'n'forth, unable to decide what to do.

I'd much prefer to accelerate to 5x/10x time meanwhile and return to "normal" when there is actually something to do.

(in reply to Beeblebrox)
Post #: 3
RE: Update request: speedup - 2/19/2007 8:36:24 PM   
redimpz

Patience can be a virtue, if things go too fast you can get creamed before you even find out you have a problem, bit like real life.
my only concern is how fast the map scrolls on anything other than slow setting.

(in reply to Grendel)
Post #: 4
RE: Update request: speedup - 2/19/2007 9:47:12 PM   
LitFuel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grendel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beeblebrox

If you haven't noticed yet, there are 3 game speed settings available, Slow, Medium, Fast. The default is Medium.

I have. The fast option is much too slow for my liking, when nothing is happening or the units are just going back'n'forth, unable to decide what to do.

I'd much prefer to accelerate to 5x/10x time meanwhile and return to "normal" when there is actually something to do.

Pretty much sums up society today, everyone is always in a hurry(with no idea where they are going), gotta have it now...whatever happened to enjoying the ride? CC and baseball...I like them relaxing with an occasional burst of excitement

(in reply to Grendel)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> Update request: speedup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI