Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some Stupid COI questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Some Stupid COI questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some Stupid COI questions - 2/22/2007 7:19:28 PM   
John Fedoriw

Hi,

I posted this on the CSO forums and got a couple of responses, but they were mainly about the mods. (And I do appreciate them taking the time to post BTW). However I am still a little concerned. I am posting here in the hopes that some Matrix staff might reply. I am more concerned about the program being stable than anything else.

Gents,

I am thinking of getting this but am still little confused. Perhaps you guys can enlighten me as to whether or not I should take the plunge.

The main reason I want it is to play hth against my brother. We both have CC3. My computer is about 5 years old, his is 1 year old (sorry don’t have the specs in front of me…I can post the particulars later if needed).We are both running Win XP, but where-as CC3 runs OK for me it runs like sh*t for him, due to scrolling problems and crashing after about 15 min playing. (He also has CC5 and complains about it scrolling too fast for single player). I tried implementing fixes that were suggested here on the forums and turning off firewalls etc, but nothing has worked satisfactorily. Anyway, the frustration was too great so we gave up playing hth.

I get the impression that COI is modified to better run on the new operating systems. Is COI a better game to run on Win XP? If he gets COI, will it run for him to play against me with old CC3? Are the scrolling issues for XP resolved? How about the system crashing?

The mods sound cool. Neither of us has ever tried one. (I am upset I will not be able get the super cool Stalingrad one with COI…..but will get the CC5 rerelease for that if COI works) Will modding be as idiot-friendly as I hope? Please note that neither one of us is very computer literate. I am also a little concerned after reading some of the problems you guys experienced getting things running. I understand that the forum members are very helpful and appreciate that, its just my patience is not what it used to be and I find computer problems very frustrating indeed. I want stuff that will install without grief.

For computer idiots like us are we better off to wait for the CD to be released rather than buying now?

Will we be able to play hth directly (by entering our IP addresses) or will we have to go through the Matrix sight to play hth? (I am just worried about the sight not being there one day after all the hype is over and something else becomes the new flavour of the month….will I still be able to play hth if Matrix no longer supports COI for whatever reason?)

What is CC6?

Thanks for any insight you can give.
John
Post #: 1
RE: Some Stupid COI questions - 2/22/2007 8:19:51 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Fedoriw

I get the impression that COI is modified to better run on the new operating systems. Is COI a better game to run on Win XP?

No idea as I never had any probs with CC3. CoI supports more screen resolutions (i.e,anything your comp/monitor does).

quote:

If he gets COI, will it run for him to play against me with old CC3?

No.

quote:

For computer idiots like us are we better off to wait for the CD to be released rather than buying now?

You can do both, download now and get the CD mailed when they are released - just make sure you select the right option.

quote:

Will we be able to play hth directly (by entering our IP addresses)

Yes.

quote:

What is CC6?

Other than "the next CC", you tell us. I don't think they've decided yet. It's the proposed all-new CC game, although it won't be along until the re-releases are done. I'd be very surprised to see a release within the next two years, at the very least.

EDIT: correction; got that wrong, sorry. According to Simtek (Sulla's post of today) CC6 is "under way" using the current engine, and I just described CC7. I think.

< Message edited by Hertston -- 2/23/2007 3:07:01 AM >

(in reply to John Fedoriw)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Some Stupid COI questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI