Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestions for the upcoming game(s)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Suggestions for the upcoming game(s) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestions for the upcoming game(s) - 3/2/2007 1:33:12 AM   
vils

Hi, these games are truly gems. I was active on the old BTR forum for years (acually i ran the unofficial BoB homepage years ago), and the music from them still rings in my head hehe, but now, i would like to plea for a few things that would greatly enchant gaming experience:

1. Graphic resolution. back in the 90's the 800*600 resolution was top of the art, but nowadays i fear this might be too cumbersome atleast for my eyes. Will you dev-team consider bumb this up alittle so its decent up-to-date?

2. While i cannot run either of these games anymore due to the old code, the maps scrolls so quickly it takes ages to get it stuck where i want it. Will you fix this?

Or.. generally, will you facelift the game?

Take Command! - Lewis E. Lyle
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestions for the upcoming game(s) - 3/2/2007 1:45:21 AM   
harley

Oh, you're going to love the new UI!

It is still fixed Res, but it's 1024*768, but all those dorky menus and panels are gone. The map window is now from 1,66 to 1023, 640, so you can see from England to eastern Germany on the one map. Buttons & Functions are across the top, and info and details are across the bottom. We had Steve Ford do our screens, and they look fantastic...

I'm still tying down the UI updates, they're currently the focus of the beta, and once they get Nailed Down (note the caps) then Ron and I will have some full-screen screen shots to post. We've deliberately kept a lid on it while we work on it, as things routinely change...

As for the scroll - it actually scrolls slower at present. as there are so many more items on the screen. That's an optimisation thing for later.

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy

(in reply to vils)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestions for the upcoming game(s) - 3/2/2007 4:09:13 PM   
Javakamp

This sounds great.

I for one am looking forward to seeing some of the new screens.

(in reply to harley)
Post #: 3
RE: Suggestions for the upcoming game(s) - 3/2/2007 10:20:52 PM   
vils

Thanks for the info! This is good news indeed! Can't wait for this game 

Take Command! - Lewis E. Lyle

(in reply to Javakamp)
Post #: 4
RE: Suggestions for the upcoming game(s) - 3/2/2007 10:53:45 PM   
Justascratch

I like . . .

Moving controls to the top sounds like a great idea. I never did like losing so much of my map to the right side panel! The recent screen shots showing a richer environment for ground targets were nice to see as well. I must admit this game seems to be taking longer than I expected, but I keep telling myself I'll be buying it for "long term enjoyment" and all these wonderful additions including the great work on adding a tremendous number of "real" pilots should make this title well worth the wait.

(in reply to vils)
Post #: 5
RE: Suggestions for the upcoming game(s) - 3/3/2007 4:34:06 AM   
harley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Justascratch
I must admit this game seems to be taking longer than I expected, but I keep telling myself I'll be buying it for "long term enjoyment" and all these wonderful additions including the great work on adding a tremendous number of "real" pilots should make this title well worth the wait.

There's a charge I can't deny. Ron, Waynn and myself all have full-time careers, and we've all had our share of real-world dramas interrupting our programming times, but we battle on. I have the new screen layouts in Beta at present, and Waynno (USS_MAINE) has just implemented a new campaign parameters system that will extend the flexibility of the scenarios somewhat. Ron, well, Ron just yells and stuff.

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy

(in reply to Justascratch)
Post #: 6
RE: Suggestions for the upcoming game(s) - 3/3/2007 2:40:53 PM   
Hard Sarge

LOL
I am really very polite and HARDly every rasie my voice

at least in the web world, in real life, I am more like the Hulk

(in reply to harley)
Post #: 7
RE: Suggestions for the upcoming game(s) - 3/3/2007 7:24:12 PM   
Zepp

Thanks for the update, Harley. Seeing those new screens is going to be a real treat.

I'll definitely be buying this one the day it is released.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Suggestions for the upcoming game(s) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI