Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question About Removing Teams...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Question About Removing Teams... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question About Removing Teams... - 3/2/2007 6:42:07 AM   
boggyjr

Alright, I saved all of my stuff from my Arena League seasons, and I started a new 7-Team CFL league with all the american teams.

I'm thinking of expanding, but If I don't want a team anymore, how do I remove it from the league completely? I know about the "remove-out" button, but I'm pretty sure that's for exporting leagues and such...

Anybody know how to delete teams?
Post #: 1
RE: Question About Removing Teams... - 3/2/2007 7:10:30 AM   
Tbird

You go to the league
In the spot where you set the divisions and conferences you click on remove team.  I think the team will retain it's history incase you ever want to bring it back.

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 2
RE: Question About Removing Teams... - 3/2/2007 7:14:18 AM   
boggyjr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tbird

You go to the league
In the spot where you set the divisions and conferences you click on remove team.  I think the team will retain it's history incase you ever want to bring it back.

I tried that a few versions ago. The teams I tried to remove still played in the schedule for some reason, but the results for them never showed up in the standings screen.

Anyone want to clarify that this is the proper way to remove teams before I go ahead and do it on my league???

EDIT - Okay, I read in the manual that your method works. When is the proper time to remove teams. Right after the championship game has been played? Before you click "new season"? Before you go through the draft or training camp?

< Message edited by boggyjr -- 3/2/2007 7:33:12 AM >

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 3
RE: Question About Removing Teams... - 3/2/2007 7:18:00 AM   
Tbird

With Access or Open Office you can delete the team from the Teams Table

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 4
RE: Question About Removing Teams... - 3/2/2007 7:29:16 AM   
boggyjr

Alright, I tried to recreate it with a bogus league. Here's what happened...

I made a bogus league with four teams...

sd
Purple
Blues

I made one conference with one division. I took out team "Purple" and threw them in the left column. So, I should have three teams playing in the season, with "Purple" sitting out. It didn't work that way. All four teams played in week one, but in the standings screen, it showed that the league only has three teams.

How do I take out a team completely?

EDIT - Another thing I noticed, is that in the League Database file, in the teams section, there is a column with the heading "Defunct Team". If it's in the league database, how would I change that with the in-game menus?

< Message edited by boggyjr -- 3/2/2007 7:45:53 AM >

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 5
RE: Question About Removing Teams... - 3/2/2007 8:25:54 AM   
David Winter

quote:

I made one conference with one division. I took out team "Purple" and threw them in the left column. So, I should have three teams playing in the season, with "Purple" sitting out. It didn't work that way. All four teams played in week one, but in the standings screen, it showed that the league only has three teams.

Yeah.. it looks like I've forgotten to check to see if a team is in a division before assigning it to the pool of teams to generate a schedule from. This is why it's showing up in the schedule.

I've spent so long trying to make it so people could add teams to the game, I forgot to worry about removing teams from the game..

I'll fix that for the next public release...

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 6
RE: Question About Removing Teams... - 3/2/2007 5:59:50 PM   
boggyjr

Alright, I'll look forward to it!

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Question About Removing Teams... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI