Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MS access based editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> MS access based editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MS access based editor - 3/5/2007 11:27:08 AM   
cuthbo2001

Are there any problems using the MS based editor rather than the editor that Matrix is supplying to edit platforms apart from the generation of the signature file? I find this editor far easier to use
Post #: 1
RE: MS access based editor - 3/5/2007 11:38:01 AM   
Flankerk

If I understand correctly, the two are not compatible. The new editor overwrites some of the flags set in the old. The in game editor is useful for generating signatures, but you can't do much else with it I find. Individual minor adjustments can be made but nothing like the sweeping changes needed for the required database compliance.

The new editor hasn't been released yet.

"Alas poor Yorick,I knew him Horatio"

#1 Quote of the Harpoon Community.

(in reply to cuthbo2001)
Post #: 2
RE: MS access based editor - 3/5/2007 11:55:56 AM   
cuthbo2001

Any more info on this new editor? will it be MS access based?, any time frame on release date ?

(in reply to Flankerk)
Post #: 3
RE: MS access based editor - 3/5/2007 3:12:27 PM   
YankeeAirRat

The new editior to my understanding is in Beta. AGSI took the original database editior that was supplied with the game back in its Harpoon 2 days, updated it fix a number of code issues and have started to get it working like it was promised oh so many years ago. The new editior would be just like the scenario editior, where you can do build a unit, save the DB, and then load a test scenario all with out having the need to exit the game and re-enter it. When it will be release is up to AGSI and Matrix.

Take my word for it. You never want to be involved in an “International Incident”.

(in reply to cuthbo2001)
Post #: 4
RE: MS access based editor - 3/5/2007 8:42:09 PM   
cuthbo2001

Dale will we still have the capacity to add to existing databases. For instance my personal favourite is the Db2000.However I like to add a few what if ? and some technothriller inspired platforms. I assume others do similar things. Will the protection system interfere with this?
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> MS access based editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI