Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where is my SPWAW v3.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Where is my SPWAW v3.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where is my SPWAW v3.0 - 8/22/2000 12:05:00 AM   
David Heath

SPWaW Fans We are done with the game design are now last minute manual changes and putting on the final touches. We were done and deceided to delay the release so we could add a big new graphic feature. Currently spwaw fans get Desert, Summer and Winter terrain sets only. Now you will also have Jungle and Rough as terrain sets. We have already added a ton of new features like new terrain types, unit icons, unit classes, improved OOB's, expand the internet play to six players, OpFire options, in game options to request reinforcements, improved fog of war, expanded combat sounds, improved Campaign Gen., computer AI, expanded custom map feature and a lot more. I promise this will make this the best SP ever and take you to the very edge! You can expect SPWaW release some time before the end of the month. David Heath

Post #: 1
- 8/22/2000 12:19:00 AM   
McGib

Outstanding work guys. I for one am glad you guys took the extra time to add all the things we've been "complaining" about and a few we hadn't though of. I'm sure the wait will be have been well worth it. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 8/22/2000 12:30:00 AM   
Larry Holt

Iiittts hard tttoo typeeee aaasss I'veee beennn drooolinggg so muchhh thatttt mmmyy keybboarddd issss stickingggg. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 3
- 8/22/2000 12:34:00 AM   
Von Rom

You guys are simply amazing... I can't believe you are doing all of this for a free game And your up-coming line-up of games is truly a feast for the eyes and hearts of wargamers everywhere... ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

Post #: 4
- 8/22/2000 1:32:00 AM   
J T

All of you folks working on SP2waw have done an outstanding job. Bravo gentlemen! Looking forward to trying out version three.

Post #: 5
- 8/22/2000 1:55:00 AM   
fdlu

Sounds very nice indeed. :-)) Any rough idea how much MB to download ?? Sounds pretty big. If more than 20 MB i have to set up a friend with better connection. Have to think about bribes, he is not a wargaming fan. :-((

Post #: 6
- 8/22/2000 4:31:00 AM   
Dave R

Just one thought guys. Is Matrix planning to support WaW beyond version 3? As much as I'd like to see SPWaW pushed even further I'm guessing you guys will be wanting to get on with projects that will pay you money too, and I guess that you can only do so much with what at the end of the day is an old game engine.

In times of war we see the worst that man has to offer. But we also see the best that man has to offer.

Post #: 7
- 8/22/2000 7:11:00 AM   
David Heath

We will be working on ( and have been ) working on our other projects. We will be working on SPWaW but we have very little area to go with this and we really covered this as far as we can really take it. We will handle any bugs and if some really cool ideas come along....... well you know us [Grin]

Post #: 8
- 8/22/2000 1:33:00 PM   
Mac_MatrixForum

Awesome stuff! And thanks for keeping us informed. ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

Post #: 9
- 8/22/2000 4:22:00 PM   
Fabs

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: We will be working on ( and have been ) working on our other projects. We will be working on SPWaW but we have very little area to go with this and we really covered this as far as we can really take it. We will handle any bugs and if some really cool ideas come along....... well you know us [Grin]
Does this mean that you will definitely not introduce in some future version more elevation levels?

Fabs

Post #: 10
- 8/22/2000 11:10:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

We never say never... But its a pretty long way down on the "bang for the buck" list. Wait until you see the new rough terrain set. It does pretty darn well portraying rugged terrain with the heights that are there! Without a complete map format overhaul, it just does't work right, or to me look right. You at least need a visual cue to what each height is, with all the levels looking the same, I find it almost impossible to "read the lay of the land". Understand some of you like it, but we wait for what we feel is a better solution.

Post #: 11
- 8/23/2000 1:00:00 AM   
Larry Holt

As an "old" soldier and intelligence officer, I always considered terrain to be the biggest combat multiplier a force can have. IRL & SPWAW I study the terrain to tell me where to position and maneuver my forces. I find that there is much terrain detail that is not immediately clear on SP-type maps. There are many depressions and rises that aren't obvious. I position a unit, look at its field of view and discover that there are hexes that are not seen (as a depression) or that block off further view (as a rise). This really complicates effective fire and maneuver. Perhaps some tick marks could be added to the terrain to indicate the ground rising and falling or perhaps light brown index, contour lines could be made visible when the hex grid is on. E.G. Since each hex already has a height value, it should be possible to write a routine that compares adjecent heights and adds a tick mark graphic along the lower hex side. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 12
- 8/23/2000 3:59:00 AM   
Adg

Is any of the SPWAW team from Canada? If so I just feel the least I can do is take you out for a beer or ten... Great Job Guys!!!

Post #: 13
- 8/23/2000 4:25:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Adg: Is any of the SPWAW team from Canada? If so I just feel the least I can do is take you out for a beer or ten... Great Job Guys!!!
Hi Adg! You might have to send it on ice for the flight to Alberta Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Tankhead

Post #: 14
- 8/23/2000 4:50:00 AM   
RUsco

We're waiting! Seriously, Thanks for the great work. Bill

Post #: 15
- 8/23/2000 6:49:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Yes, at least one, Mr. Stuart Millis, aka Major Destruction. Let him playtest one of your scenarios and you'll see why he has that name Frank Donati, member of Matrix Team another Canuck, and I think that is it. Too cold for me . I'd love to take you up on it. What about deep south folks in the USA? Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 16
- 8/23/2000 8:58:00 AM   
Jackk

Sure Bill, just lemme knoe when you'll be in Charlotte! ------------------ Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Where is my SPWAW v3.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI