Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Well done on the patch/update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Well done on the patch/update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Well done on the patch/update - 3/18/2007 9:19:55 PM   
tevans6220

At times I've been highly critical of the this game so I just want to take the time to say well done on the patch/update. While I'm sure there are still minor things to be worked out this definately has more of a historical feel to it and the AI is one tough s.o.b. I'm very happy now.
Post #: 1
RE: Well done on the patch/update - 3/18/2007 9:24:04 PM   
Gil R.

Great, thanks! Spread the word -- "Forge of Freedom" is back, and badder than ever. (By "bad" I mean good. It's what the kids say.)

(in reply to tevans6220)
Post #: 2
RE: Well done on the patch/update - 3/18/2007 9:50:25 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Yeah, barring one or two bugs (hey its beta) its a great improvement. now if only i could get the conferacy to leave my troops alone. - 40k dead in two turns, from detailed battles.

then again, i'm one of those weirdos who LOVES a challange.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Well done on the patch/update - 3/19/2007 1:27:15 AM   
spruce

well yes, I must agree - this patch (public beta patch that is) has turned the game around. I think it's much more fun to play right now ...

(in reply to Greyhunterlp)
Post #: 4
RE: Well done on the patch/update - 3/19/2007 3:52:25 AM   
christof139

Yes, it works good!!

And, on a historical note, the Union is doing things very similar to what actually happened, they are defeating my Confed by transferring troops from the East to the West and have now taken Atlanta from my outnumbered Rebs.

This is happening at the Lt. Col. level with the Powers of both Presidents set to Zed or Zero.
I let my technology lag and am now paying for it.

However, Kentucky did come in on the CSA side, for the few turns it lasted as a CSA State. It was overrun quickly as I didn't think the AI would move the entire AotP to the West as it did. There are still too many Fed troops left in the East for my 55,000 strong ANV to attack SC, so they will be headed West to join the 20,000 or so remanants of the CSA AoT, but I think this particular game is done.

A good first time exploratory game for the new patch. Very good indeed it is!!

Chris

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.
That's the CSS North Carolina BB-55
Boris Badanov, looking for Natasha Goodenov

(in reply to spruce)
Post #: 5
RE: Well done on the patch/update - 3/19/2007 5:23:17 AM   
Gideon Stargrave

Color me impressed. After a few days of playing FOF after my initial purchase, I considered it the wargaming equivalent of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Now it feels and plays like a real game. Well done!

(in reply to christof139)
Post #: 6
RE: Well done on the patch/update - 3/19/2007 5:26:59 AM   
Pubcrawler

I'd like to add my thanks.  So..., thanks!  This dang game now consumes hours and hours my time.  Well done on the patch! 

Now when will I ever find time to finish, The Civil War - A Narrative?!?!...

"Grant is a great general. I know him well. He stood by me when I was crazy and I stood by him when he was drunk. And now, sir, we stand by each other always."
- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Gideon Stargrave)
Post #: 7
RE: Well done on the patch/update - 3/19/2007 6:54:57 AM   
christof139

quote:

Color me impressed. After a few days of playing FOF after my initial purchase, I considered it the wargaming equivalent of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Now it feels and plays like a real game. Well done!

Ha ha ha!!! I went to that 'Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing' site, terrible, reminds me of the old ACW game 'Blue and Gray' etc.

Chris

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.
That's the CSS North Carolina BB-55
Boris Badanov, looking for Natasha Goodenov

(in reply to Gideon Stargrave)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Well done on the patch/update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI