Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese Units will not move in China

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Japanese Units will not move in China Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese Units will not move in China - 3/19/2007 5:39:51 AM   
shawn118aw

background> Sern 15, Allied Computer.

Date 10 Mar 43

I can taken Chungking on 23 Feb 43 and I have 63 units (437,000 troops) and 41,000 tons supplies in the hex. I have ordered units (some, all, a few, changed HQ command, ect), but No one will move in ANY direction.

Help?

Shawn
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese Units will not move in China - 3/19/2007 2:45:12 PM   
wdolson

Have you checked the progress?  On some roads, units can move very slowly.  I've seen units take a couple of weeks to pass through some hexes with very bad terrain and poor roads.  On the unit screen, the upper right hand corner has the destination and how far they've traveled.  If it goes up slowly, they're just bogged down in a slow hex.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to shawn118aw)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese Units will not move in China - 3/20/2007 12:37:43 AM   
shawn118aw

It shows nothing as far as progress. I can give an order to move and it will so starting to move that direction but when I run the turn and check it, it show nothing, no movement, not even 1 mile or still has the orders to move at all.

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese Units will not move in China - 3/20/2007 12:40:18 AM   
shangrila

Assuming you are not under attack...is your final destination a hex or a friendly city?
You don't have any computer control set do you?

(in reply to shawn118aw)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese Units will not move in China - 3/20/2007 1:05:42 AM   
shawn118aw

None of the 60+ plus units I have in the city of Chungking will move to any hex in any direction, near or far, either to follow all or all to move, ect.  The nearest emeny unit is 6 hexes away.

(in reply to shangrila)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese Units will not move in China - 3/20/2007 6:10:44 AM   
shawn118aw

Well after reloading and trying everything eles, I ordered a full attack with everything, and yes there are 131,000 troops still there but NO counter and no unit listed on the ground combat screen.  I don't understand this, I already killed these guys ones and it took 4 months--now what AGAIN?

(in reply to shawn118aw)
Post #: 6
RE: Japanese Units will not move in China - 3/20/2007 6:41:58 AM   
wdolson

Chinese LCUs respwn in Chungking. Apparently they respawn there even if the city is conquered. I believe there was a bug in 1.801 that units that are in the pool to arrive at a location will show up sometimes if you do some things, but will not show normally. It's possible that there are some units that are slated to respwn at Chungking that the AI thinks are already there, but aren't scheduled to show up for a while.

I think they tried to fix this bug with 1.804, but I'm not sure if they did.

I think the only solution is to keep fighting until the option to attack disappears from the unit screen. It might take a while, but if you own Chungking, the Chinese units will be isolated and out of supply. They won't fight very well, though they will hang around for a while.

In my last game against the AI, I knocked out some Japanese bases on Luzon and took them back as Allies. After I had taken Luzon completely, a bunch of Sonias started attacking Clark Field from one of the bases I had taken. I snooped on the Japanese and these units didn't show up for the Japanese. From the Allied side, I clicked on the base and cycled through the "Next Unit" button and several Japanese air units appeared. I moved the to a Japanese base within range and the problem went away. OK, the Japanese got back some units that should have been destroyed, but I could live with a few extra Sonias.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to shawn118aw)
Post #: 7
RE: Japanese Units will not move in China - 3/20/2007 10:50:31 AM   
Sardaukar

If there is enemy unit in hex you need to give movement destination as friendly base. Otherwise unit will not move.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 8
RE: Japanese Units will not move in China - 3/20/2007 5:09:06 PM   
Ken Estes

All very true. The respawning happens in Chungking after all Chinese cities fall, I think. After it is held by the JA is not a danger once you eliminate the visible units, which took me months of seige [Chungking had fallen, surrendering all there, but the horde respawned at Chengten, and 66 units fell upon Chungking, JA barely holding out until I could bring the old seige force back from the Yenan seige]

This JA garrison of Chungking [everything I had not required for garrison, plus 3 big divs from Kuantung Army] finally forced 55 of 66 units/HQ to surrender June 29, 1943 but the remaining 11 units, all zero supply and combat power individually are somehow credited in the group total [in combat results, not status before combat] as having 90,000 infantry/154,000 total and were hell to put down after all my efforts.  I had to double manual to correct this and then resume.

I manually forced these remaining Chinese units out of Chungking in order to have them fight on their own. It's regrettable but something is whacko there. Just to see, I had my big Chungking garrison do a deliberate attack [how is this possible with no enemy units present?] on the city, once freed of Chinese besiegers. It executed a 0-1 attack against 160K AI forces somehow imbedded in the city [yet not visible to either side]. I wonder if the other Chinese cities are the same [apparently not]. This was a flaw in the old DOS game, where reinforcements would pop in on schedule after a spawning city was occupied [Calcutta in that case].

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 9
RE: Japanese Units will not move in China - 3/21/2007 1:07:21 AM   
shawn118aw

Well that sucks; it took me 4 months to get to this point. I guess this bug is still here; maybe it will get fixed in 1.9 along with a lot of others.

Orders for the IJA / Chungking Area: Keeping Attacking till nothing lives (Flatten Chungking)

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Japanese Units will not move in China Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI