Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release - 4/4/2007 8:15:12 PM   
Barthheart

Oops! Then I would definately go with the colour ones then.

Not sure what you mean by "there is very little difference between the black version and the color version". At 5/8" are the colour versions not clear?

I downloaded and printed an older version of Modern Naval battles card game and three or four expansions called Cold War Naval Battles. Great fun, used alot of ink (not mine , but company ink!) though. I noticed there are no Canadian ships to be included in this new version...

Any plans for expansions or a campaign system like the older version?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Dan Verssen)
Post #: 31
RE: Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release - 4/4/2007 10:41:05 PM   
Dan Verssen

With 5/8" counters, the tanks are about a 1/3" long. At that size, the different subtle colors and lines on the color artwork are not really seen. Instead of a solid black tank, it now looks like a mostly solid dark green tank.

Sorry about leaving out the Canadians. I'll take a look at adding them.

I would like to do a campaign-like expansion after the first game is released. But, I'd like to make it much less complex than MNB-II.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 32
RE: Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release - 4/4/2007 10:57:13 PM   
JeF

B&W has some style I would say. I'd stick with it.

Moreover if the subtelities of the drawing cannot be perfeclty rendered, don't bother.
OTOH, LnLP manages to craft some beauties on their 5/8" counters.

My 2 cents,

JeF.

Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone

Post #: 33
RE: Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release - 4/4/2007 11:57:40 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Verssen

ravinhood,

That was someone else.  

The only computer game that I have designed is the PC version of my Down In Flames card game.

Today's tabletop games do tend to be pricey. Most strategy games today with maps and counters are $50 or more. Even $100+ games are not that uncommon.

Ok sorry for the confusion. Don't know why I got you confused with that other guy. Those are the ones I want sold in a bundle. hehe. I'm still waiting on YOU though to do a WW I airwar game like you did Down in Flames for the computer. I guess I haven't bought a NEW board wargame since like Squad Leaders 4th edition waaaay back in the late 70's early 80's. I still get S&T from time to time though. Never punch the games just like the read and that they do come with a free game.

A $100 board wargame today? You've got to be kidding me?? Why I wouldn't give you that much for a gold copy of Swords n Sorcery and I loved that game. lol That's just getting totally rediculous I think, pricing games so far ahead of the market and economy. What 10-12 year old can afford that? No wonder the genre is shrinking and dying it's getting priced out of existance. We need $4 games again...oh wait they are still out there they are called garage sale items and bargain bin items. ;)

Post #: 34
RE: Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release - 4/5/2007 12:24:54 AM   
Arnir

Dan,

From a quick glance at the counters, I would prefer the color version but the black would be acceptable.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 35
RE: Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release - 4/5/2007 3:26:55 AM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Verssen

With 5/8" counters, the tanks are about a 1/3" long. At that size, the different subtle colors and lines on the color artwork are not really seen. Instead of a solid black tank, it now looks like a mostly solid dark green tank.

In that case I'd go with the black silhouette.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Post #: 36
RE: Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release - 4/6/2007 7:44:56 AM   
Dan Verssen

I just uploaded the 2nd half of the 1st game turn for the Rommel game to the DVG site. Here is the link...
http://images.dvg.com/www.dvg.com/Rommel-Sample2.pdf

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 37
RE: Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release - 4/17/2007 9:13:27 PM   
Dan Verssen

Paypal now Accepted!
Many people asked for our new website to accept both credit card and PayPal payments. All the custom coding is in place and the site now accepts both forms of payment!
- - - - -
Rommel Sample Game Updated!
The new turn for the Rommel sample game is active. I also updated the first two turns with the new counter graphics that make the unit values much easier to read. Thank you for all the feedback from the people at www.consimworld.com

- - - - -

Limited Time Special Offer – From now until April 30, we would like to introduce you to both our pre-order games and Vassal/PDF games. We think a great way of doing this is to offer you a free Vassal or PDF game with every Modern Naval Battles or Rommel game you pre-order. When you place a pre-order, send me an email noting which Vassal or PDF game you would like and I will run a complimentary registration for you.

What if you’ve already pre-ordered one or more games? No problem! Send me an email with the Vassal or PDF game you would like for each of your pre-orders and I’ll email you their registration information.

This offer does not include Down With The Empire.

Either email will reach me:
dverssen@aol.com
customerservice@dvg.com

Thank you!
-Dan Verssen
www.dvg.com

Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI