Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Campaigns on the Danube Support >> Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Issues - 3/28/2007 5:31:55 PM   
jchron2

I just purchased the digital download and have the following issues
1. The game hangs on the beginning screen
2. I downloaded the no sound patch but now none of the options work in the scenario selection screen
3. The first battle fought I get several different error messages. Different one each time i start all over
4. The game does not cover all of my screen. When i scroll if I hit outside the game boundry and hit the black
background behind the game screen...I get the screen showing the company name and no way back to get
to the game itself.

This doesn't seem like a wise use of my 20 dollars. Any one at Matrix have suggestions...or how about a refund.
Post #: 1
RE: Issues - 3/28/2007 5:54:41 PM   
Toby42

I bought this when it first came out. It wasn't worth the time that it took to download! Refund is not in Matrix's vocabulary....

Tony

(in reply to jchron2)
Post #: 2
RE: Issues - 3/28/2007 10:06:59 PM   
Erik Rutins

jchron,

Could you post which error messages you are getting in point #3? I will bring the rest to Frank's attention and see if we can come up with an answer. Do you have a dual core CPU? Could you post a DxDiag for us please? If we can't get it to work for customers with these systems, we will offer refunds.

Treale, the game was very well received when first released and these hang issues only showed up recently on very new systems. Obviously opinions vary, but jumping into a tech support thread with an opinion that has nothing to do with the tech issue isn't helpful.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to jchron2)
Post #: 3
RE: Issues - 3/28/2007 10:53:58 PM   
Toby42

Erik, you are right. I do apologize for my comment(s).

Tony

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Issues - 3/29/2007 1:51:02 AM   
jchron2

1. First Error: Access Violation at Address 0000000 Read of Address 0000000
2. 2nd Error: Cannot Open File C:\Matrix Games\Campaigns on The Danube 1805 & 1809\Graphics\Backgrounds\BattleBack.bmp (once I get this error..I cant continue playing...I have to start over

3. I don't have a Dual Core
4. DxDiag: how do I post it? I see the report on my desktop

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 5
RE: Issues - 3/29/2007 3:53:31 AM   
Erik Rutins

jchron,

Thanks, please see the DxDiag How To thread pinned to the top of this forum for info on how to post that. I'll be discussing these errors with Frank tomorrow.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to jchron2)
Post #: 6
RE: Issues - 3/29/2007 7:43:11 AM   
RB

Eric, please no refunds. Make it work. I downloaded a couple days ago and the same thing heppened to me. Just hanging. And there was absolutely nothing I could do. So I went to a forum and someone said if you go into the sound file and remove the musicintro file, it will work at least once every five or six startups. I did that and nothing. But the next day when I turned on the computer, I clicked the icon to load the game and I was stupefied that it actually loaded. I was able to play a couple games with sound and not glitches. It played well. I mean really well. It's quite a battle simulation, most realistic. I was afraid to shutdown the program as I thought I might never get it to run again. And sure enough it hangs everytime now. As far as the update goes, It gets you into the game but you do not have any options when at the start menu. So it isn't a fix. But those first few games were amazing so PLEASE fix it. It's a great game. I'd rather have it then a refund.

(in reply to jchron2)
Post #: 7
RE: Issues - 3/30/2007 12:15:51 AM   
jchron2

here is my DxDiag

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: Issues - 3/30/2007 6:34:44 AM   
jchron2

Hey..guess what. I got yet another error. I've even reinstalled the game and every available update at least 3 times. New error: C:\Matrix Games\Campaigns on The Danube 1805 & 1809\Graphics\backgrounds\BattleBack.bmp.

This is a heck of a deal. no runs, no hits 3 errors.

(in reply to jchron2)
Post #: 9
RE: Issues - 3/31/2007 12:22:36 AM   
RB

Well after a week of living napoelonic terror if finally found the solution to the hanging. It is now running perfectly. Unfortunately I can't share the secret. You have to find it for yourselves. Ha ha. It's really working, it's really working. And on a dual core processor and with my Norton full system running. I'll tell you what I'll tell you how to fix it if Eric gives me my serial numbers for Battles in Italy and Battles in Normandy which he won't because I don't have my order number information and my old credit card number and he doesn't believe I bought it but he has a record of my address they were sent to. If any of you can get him to give me my serial numbers because my old computer crashed and hard drive and all my order information was on that then I'll share my WONDERFUL SECRET on how to get Campaigns on the Danube running without flaw, with battle sounds, with music and no error messages. I've been kicking Austria's but all day. Rather be in Normandy or Italy though so if you can help, I'll help you. My email address is democracy@mustard-seeds.com.

(in reply to jchron2)
Post #: 10
RE: Issues - 10/7/2007 3:49:22 AM   
pete61

has this problem with \Graphics\backgrounds\BattleBack.bmp been solved?  I still cannot get the game to run , the patches and the compatatility setting do not make any difference.  If there is any more progress on getting the game to run on Vista please let me know.

(in reply to RB)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Campaigns on the Danube Support >> Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI