Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Maximum-Football Board Members Poll

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Board Members Poll Page: [1]
[Poll]

Maximum-Football Board Members Poll

A member of the old MF board - purchased the game at initial release.
  32% (14)
A member of this board from its start - purchased at release.
  9% (4)
A member of the board for a year - purchased the game at release.
  20% (9)
A member of the board for months - purchased the game recently.
  13% (6)
A member of the board recently - purchased the game recently.
  9% (4)
A member of the old MF board - have not purchased the game.
  2% (1)
A member of this board from the start - have not purchased the game.
  2% (1)
A member of the board for a year - have not purchased the game.
  6% (3)
A member of the board for months - have not purchased the game.
  2% (1)
A member of the board recently - have not purchased the game.
  0% (0)

Total Votes : 43

(last vote on : 9/20/2007 3:24:46 AM)
(Poll ended: 12/31/2007 7:00:00 AM)
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maximum-Football Board Members Poll - 3/29/2007 8:38:05 PM   
Marauders

Here is a quick poll asking how long the members of this board have been interested in Maximum-Football and how long members have owned the game. Please answer as best you may.

If you would like to comment about features that are most important to you in making your choice to make the purchase or not, please list that in your post. It will help as feedback and in creating any follow up polls.

Your feedback and support are important to the development of Maximum-Football.

Members of the community who have not yet purchased the game are also encouraged to answer.

- Marauders
Post #: 1
RE: Maximum-Football Board Members Poll - 3/30/2007 1:19:28 AM   
StLee

I really didn't fit into any category, so I voted for the first. I was a never-registered lurker when the board was exclusively at maximum-football.com (long before Matrix Games was ever in the mix). But I never posted anything. I only read and looked forward to the release.

I bought the game near the beginning of its release, though not as soon as it came out. However, I didn't register to this board until somewhere around October/November, and I still seldom post.

< Message edited by StLee -- 3/31/2007 6:53:26 AM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 2
RE: Maximum-Football Board Members Poll - 3/31/2007 3:25:46 AM   
MjH

I'm like StLee, I don't really fit into the categories. I was aware of the old CFL '99 game and downloaded the demo and tried to run the demo -- my computer didn't have the graphics card to run it so I never purchased the game. I checked out the the old mf forums and this forum (as a guest) once every few months waiting for the game to be released. When it was released, I purchased the game and registered on the forums.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: Maximum-Football Board Members Poll - 3/31/2007 5:33:35 AM   
Marauders

That's close enough, guys.  The poll only allows ten results, and I needed to split between those who own the game now and do not.

It's been a long ride for us.  I really believe it is good to have games like Maximum-Football get into the hands of enthusiasts that will help create a better game with feedback and input.

It would be nice if lurkers would register and vote too.  I know there are people who look in from time to time.

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 4
RE: Maximum-Football Board Members Poll - 4/18/2007 8:05:04 PM   
SmilinJack

Hi,

I purchased the initial release (1.095) and only joined the board recently. I have purchased David's old CFL '99 game way back and just recently bought the game a second time from matrix because I thought it was the latest 1.3.149 release...I was wrong and now own two 1.095.

I've purchased the update CD and have since downloaded the updates.

I'd like to vote however none of the above fit me. First release new board memeber.

SmilinJack

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: Maximum-Football Board Members Poll - 4/18/2007 8:17:35 PM   
Marauders

There was a limit on poll answers I could post.

I guess this is the best response, as I suspect you have been a lurker from the start:

A member of this board from its start - purchased at release.

Did you lurk on the old board too?  Just choose the one that is closest in your situation.

(in reply to SmilinJack)
Post #: 6
RE: Maximum-Football Board Members Poll - 4/19/2007 2:34:54 AM   
SmilinJack

No. I never lurked. I wanted to sign up and be a part and last year after the intial release I tried to sign up and for some reason I was refused. Matrix wouldn't allow me...I tried to determine the problem but never heard from them. I figured it was some Wal-Mart connection issue. I'd been dormant with any PC gaming for about the last year and just recently purchased a new machine and am finally back on and the minute I logged on bought...what I thought was the latest version of the game...and signed up with the exact same Wal-Mart account no problem.

I might have popped on twice in the last year to read about MAXFB and a couple of other Matrix games.

I will vote in the best possible spot.

Jay

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
RE: Maximum-Football Board Members Poll - 4/27/2007 11:57:31 PM   
Buhbooh

None of the answers applied to me, either. I was a lurker on the old board, and became a beta tester right before the release (thus I did not HAVE to pay for the game.)

Although I think what David did is a monumental feat for a single programmer, I was shocked to see the lack of quality of the game, with regards to bugs and poor design. BUT, I purchased the game a few months ago, even though I don't think I had to, just to offer support for the game. I think the biggest thing holding the game back is David is not willing to let others help out with the game design and programming. As a programmer myself, I understand the added complexeties of bringing in other people for programming work or for making design decisions, so it is hard to point the finger too much.

Having said that, it is still a game that I do not want to play for various reasons.

(in reply to SmilinJack)
Post #: 8
RE: Maximum-Football Board Members Poll - 4/28/2007 2:32:58 AM   
David Winter

quote:

I think the biggest thing holding the game back is David is not willing to let others help out with the game design and programming.

Well, there are a lot of financial and legal reasons for that. Actually, I'd love to have a staff of 4 or 5. With a couple of extra developers, another producer, and at least one artist, I could do some pretty great things with this title and others. I'd like to have at least one paid full time QA persion too. But financially that's not possible right now

So no, I'm afraid I will not bring on other developers until they're paid staff in the traditional sense of the word.

< Message edited by David Winter -- 4/28/2007 3:07:32 AM >

(in reply to Buhbooh)
Post #: 9
RE: Maximum-Football Board Members Poll - 4/28/2007 4:18:20 AM   
SmilinJack

Hi David,

U.S. citizen...I'd work for health coverage. Or at least affordable health coverage...

Too political. I know.

Jay

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 10
RE: Maximum-Football Board Members Poll - 7/3/2007 9:16:37 PM   
Marauders

Thank you to all who participated in this quick poll. 

It gives us a better look at how long some of the members of the community have been with us and of who is actively posting here. 

If you have ideas for other polls, please PM me.  I may post other polls from time to time, so please look for them if you would like to participate.

- Marauders

(in reply to SmilinJack)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Board Members Poll Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI