Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trouble Installing Operational Art of War III

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Trouble Installing Operational Art of War III Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trouble Installing Operational Art of War III - 4/9/2007 8:49:06 PM   
IDSteelhead

I am having trouble installing The Operation Art of War. I am getting a message that says "Could not open Uninstall Registry Key for Writing, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mircosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall The Operation Art of War III 3.0.0.12". What is this and how can I fix this problem?
IDSteelhead.
Post #: 1
RE: Trouble Installing Operational Art of War III - 4/9/2007 10:04:59 PM   
JAMiAM

What OS are you using? Do you have administrator privileges on the machine? Are you running any background processes like an anti-virus program, or registry monitoring program that may be inhibiting the installation? Have you tried rebooting your computer?

(in reply to IDSteelhead)
Post #: 2
RE: Trouble Installing Operational Art of War III - 4/9/2007 11:16:47 PM   
IDSteelhead

I am running windows XP. Yes, I have Administrator privileges, But I am recieving a message "User Permission: Admistrator", I am running Norton also. And where do I find the registry monitoring program.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 3
RE: Trouble Installing Operational Art of War III - 4/10/2007 2:05:37 AM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: IDSteelhead

I am running windows XP. Yes, I have Administrator privileges, But I am recieving a message "User Permission: Admistrator", I am running Norton also. And where do I find the registry monitoring program.

When I was referring to a registry monitoring program, I was thinking about programs like Spybot S&D, which might deny registry changes (or prompt to accept/deny) it finds meets certain objectionable criteria. This particular problem should have NO problems with TOAW III. I use it myself. However, there may be software that you might be using that is similar and objected to something in the TOAW III installer.

Don't get me started on Norton. There are three types of Norton users. Those who swear by it. Those who swear at it. And those who got tired of swearing at it, and are now ex-Norton users...

At this point in time, I would recommend the following:
1. Make sure that you don't have any residual, or partially installed folders for TOAW III in your Matrix Games folder on the C: drive (where their products install, by default).

2. Use a program to check for registry errors in your computer. I use Easy Cleaner. It used to be a free utility prgram by a guy in Finland, but he's recently asked for you to join a membership to help defray his server and development costs. I've been using his program for years. Norton may have something similar in its suite of products.

3. Then, if you know how to, under msconfig, disable Norton from starting up when you boot up. You might want to be unplugged from the internet or LAN before you do this.

4. Reboot the computer.

5. Try installing TOAW III.

If you still have problems, restore Norton as a startup process, reboot and reconnect to the LAN/internet, and give us another holler.

Oh...also, have you tried emailing support@matrixgames.com with a description of your problem? If it is a problem with their installer, then they may have had more examples of this in the past and be better able to help your troubleshooting.

< Message edited by JAMiAM -- 4/10/2007 2:07:00 AM >

(in reply to IDSteelhead)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Trouble Installing Operational Art of War III Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI