Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Port strikes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Port strikes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Port strikes - 4/11/2007 1:56:17 PM   
Chaylaton

Can Subs be port struck? Becuase I'm playing the Axis in my current game and the British have port struck me about 4 times already. So I'm trying to save what U boats I have since the Bismark and most of the rest of my surface fleet is on the scrap heap. The reason why I ask is I think in real life a sub pen in France, I think didn't fall until after VE day the allies just by passed it and left it under siege.

Chaylaton

2112 greatest rock song ever?

I say "Rush Rules"

There are only four Gods from Canada: Alex, Geddy, Neil and Wayne:)
Post #: 1
RE: Port strikes - 4/11/2007 2:55:36 PM   
mmn

Yes - you can port strike subs. Nevertheless if you base your subs in a major port then you, as the sub owner, decide if they are to be included in the combat. In a minor port the subs are automatically included.

regards,
Morten

(in reply to Chaylaton)
Post #: 2
RE: Port strikes - 4/11/2007 6:28:34 PM   
Mziln

Where was your fleet where you could be port attacked 4 times?

11.2 Port attack

The attack

After any air-to-air combat (see 14.3), your opponent subjects the surviving bombers to anti-aircraft fire from the naval units in the port (see 11.5.9) and AA units (AsA option 3: see 22.4.2).

Then you attack the naval units with any of your bombers’ air-to-sea factors that survived anti-aircraft fire. You do this just like a naval air combat (see 11.5.9) with the exceptions that:

(a) SUBs in a minor port are automatically included (major ports are assumed to have bomb-proof pens and the owner may choose whether to include them in combat or not); and
(b) Each ‘A’ (abort) result allows you to turn a face-up target unit, face-down; and
(c) There is only 1 combat round in a port attack.

< Message edited by Mziln -- 4/11/2007 6:37:58 PM >

(in reply to mmn)
Post #: 3
RE: Port strikes - 4/11/2007 7:26:23 PM   
composer99

I can't imagine wanting to include my submarines in a port strike combat, since all it would do is increase the target profile with no gain in AA factors.

~ Composer99

(in reply to Mziln)
Post #: 4
RE: Port strikes - 4/12/2007 11:55:45 AM   
Hortlund

If you include them you can select them as targets. Might be more fun to lose a sub than a CV.

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 5
RE: Port strikes - 4/12/2007 3:18:55 PM   
Frederyck

Yes, but the attacker gets first choice of target, so not only do you give her potentially a better result (more ships) you still won't save the juiciest target.

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 6
RE: Port strikes - 4/12/2007 5:21:22 PM   
composer99

I'd consider including subs if it didn't increase the target profile and if I, when I got to pick hits, felt all my SCS were better than the subs on hand.

Maybe if I was the Japanese player I would do this. Not really anyone else (Germany and Italy's surface fleets are sunk ships sailing, and CW and USA have so many crappy old battleships to take hits).

~ Composer99

(in reply to Frederyck)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Port strikes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI