Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Project with 10 team members seeks to fill game design position...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Project with 10 team members seeks to fill game design position... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Project with 10 team members seeks to fill game design ... - 4/17/2007 8:34:45 PM   
barbarossa2

Hello All,

I am a life long wargamer and have put together a 10 man team of coders and creatives with serious talent to design a real time computer game about clobal conflict in the nuclear age, and thermonuclear war. Originally, as I set out on this task, I thought I would be able to design the game alone, and hand details off to the software team as we went along. However, as the project has grown, my time has been gobbled up increasingly by administrative tasks and many, many, minor issues as well as major--including the full time job of attracting this much talent and putting the team together.

This is now a serious project, with 7 software engineers, a hollywood musician, an MBA, and more on the team working part time. I am working on it full time and am the project lead/creative director.

Our ad for software talent is at:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=442428

Please take a look at it, because it outlines the philosophy of the group as well as many of our policies and the way in which members will be compensated. You will find all relevant information there. Including several graphic concepts.

What I am seeking in this forum is perhaps someone who loves games, game design (especially board games), has a massive game collection, and loves tinkering with and developing house rules and may have dreamed about getting into the gaming business. You would be responsible for pushing ahead on the design of the "game" side of the computer game along with me. You would keep track of all the information related to this issue and coordinate with any other members who end up on the "game design" team.

This position will be a 6 hour a week position with our team. However, we may only need you at 6 hours for the next several months. After that, you would be put into what we have classified as a consulting role.

If you are interested in hearing more, please write me at the email posted on the link given above.

Thanks

Chris

P.S. Posted below is a private invitation to our team to play DEFCON that I did yesterday. It's a team building and design exercise. We are going to have fun here, as well as produce a great project. If you want to be part of a top, international team of do-ers, then drop us a line.

< Message edited by barbarossa2 -- 4/18/2007 10:56:22 AM >

My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Project with 10 team members seeks to fill game design position... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI