Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AI for MWiF - China

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> AI Opponent Discussion >> RE: AI for MWiF - China Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AI for MWiF - China - 9/7/2013 9:11:00 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

quote:

A few missing items:

When using Offensive chits, Mao can never gain the benefit: neither from the USSR or from China spending the o-chit.

It is understandable given the history of that question why there is a lot of confusion on the subject. The latest ruling is in the FAQ:

quote:

Q20.0-6:
Can Mao play a land Offensive Chit if Russia is doing a Combined?
A: No, the Chinese Nationalists decide when and how Chinese offensive chits are spent. However the chinese communist activity limits are still those of the Russians not the Nationalist Chinese.
Date 25/06/2008
Addentum : Mao can use an offensive chit, if the Nationalists let him, but he can only use it if allowed by the Chinese action type chosen. That is for Mao to use an offensive chit in a land action China must be doing a land action. The actual number of communists activated for movement and combat with that offensive chit is still limited by the activities limits of the russians.
Date 20/06/2009

Also if the Chinese play an offensive chit to flip back all their HQs, then Mao could flip back up. It is notable that any offensive chit involving Mao must be a Chinese offensive chit, not a Russian one.

RAC in MWiF may be different and it would be very rare for this to make much difference in a game, since it is rare that China could save enough BPs to build an offensive chit, plus want to use it on Mao.

In the rare times that I've had any surplus BPs when playing China, I've built the Synthetic Oil.

I'll check the MWIF code. My earlier comments were from memory.

If I recall correctly we have had the discussion already of Mao and offensives and the conslusion was as Paul stated. And that MWIF already worked this way or was changed to that effect.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 211
RE: AI for MWiF - China - 9/9/2013 2:15:27 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

quote:

A few missing items:

When using Offensive chits, Mao can never gain the benefit: neither from the USSR or from China spending the o-chit.

It is understandable given the history of that question why there is a lot of confusion on the subject. The latest ruling is in the FAQ:

quote:

Q20.0-6:
Can Mao play a land Offensive Chit if Russia is doing a Combined?
A: No, the Chinese Nationalists decide when and how Chinese offensive chits are spent. However the chinese communist activity limits are still those of the Russians not the Nationalist Chinese.
Date 25/06/2008
Addentum : Mao can use an offensive chit, if the Nationalists let him, but he can only use it if allowed by the Chinese action type chosen. That is for Mao to use an offensive chit in a land action China must be doing a land action. The actual number of communists activated for movement and combat with that offensive chit is still limited by the activities limits of the russians.
Date 20/06/2009

Also if the Chinese play an offensive chit to flip back all their HQs, then Mao could flip back up. It is notable that any offensive chit involving Mao must be a Chinese offensive chit, not a Russian one.

RAC in MWiF may be different and it would be very rare for this to make much difference in a game, since it is rare that China could save enough BPs to build an offensive chit, plus want to use it on Mao.

In the rare times that I've had any surplus BPs when playing China, I've built the Synthetic Oil.

I'll check the MWIF code. My earlier comments were from memory.

If I recall correctly we have had the discussion already of Mao and offensives and the conslusion was as Paul stated. And that MWIF already worked this way or was changed to that effect.

You're right. Here is my note (in the code):

// ****************************************************************************
// China can only use it offensive chit for Mao if the USSR chooses a land or
// combined action. For Mao to be selected, the USSR has to make its action
// choice before the Chinese make theirs.
// ****************************************************************************

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 212
RE: AI for MWiF - China - 4/5/2020 2:39:29 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Bump.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 213
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> AI Opponent Discussion >> RE: AI for MWiF - China Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI