Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Harley-Davidson service Stinks!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Harley-Davidson service Stinks! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/21/2007 4:22:18 PM   
Titanwarrior89

I owned a new honda(2006) model and had all the accessories put on when I bought it. I bought it on saturday(they were closed sunday and monday) and by 1430hrs tuesday it was ready.

Now I bought a new Harley-davidson on friday the 13th and their still waiting on the accessories to come in. The dealer is 120 miles away from where I live. They still have my bike. I would stop the mess but the accessories are in the contract(which has been signed).

Now their saying they may have the accessories in sometime between 23 - 27. This is basic accessories(not custom)- windshield, bags, sissybar and engine guard.

WHo else has bought a harley and had this problem? They had more cloths to sell than accessories in this dealership- in Northwest Arkansas.

< Message edited by Titanwarrior89 -- 4/21/2007 4:24:32 PM >

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Post #: 1
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/22/2007 1:15:39 AM   
Arctic Blast

I still haven't broken down and actually bought myself a bike (someday!), but I know quite a few people who have. I have heard nothing but horror stories about Harley dealerships. their bikes cost a small fortune when compared to competing brands, half their store is nothing but shirts and the like, and they take eons to ship a simple part to a local dealer.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 2
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/22/2007 5:11:22 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Yep! You just name the dealer I bought from. Oh well, I needed some place to vent.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

I still haven't broken down and actually bought myself a bike (someday!), but I know quite a few people who have. I have heard nothing but horror stories about Harley dealerships. their bikes cost a small fortune when compared to competing brands, half their store is nothing but shirts and the like, and they take eons to ship a simple part to a local dealer.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 3
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/22/2007 8:55:17 AM   
JAMiAM

I hear that H-D service is legendary. As in nobody is sure that it ever really existed in the first place...

Maybe that's why most Harley riders work on their own bikes.

Post #: 4
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/22/2007 4:55:17 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Did you say most work on their own bikes...............I am in trouble!
quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

I hear that H-D service is legendary. As in nobody is sure that it ever really existed in the first place...

Maybe that's why most Harley riders work on their own bikes.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 5
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/22/2007 8:05:33 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Did you say most work on their own bikes...............I am in trouble!

Well...most of the Harley riders that I know, work on their own bikes. Then again, maybe I just know the "wrong" crowd...

Post #: 6
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/23/2007 2:35:23 AM   
Arctic Blast

Actually, some buddies of mine who went the Harley way ended up doing the same thing. Otherwise, they'd miss half the riding season (which ain't exactly lengthy in Alberta to begin with), waiting for service.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 7
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/23/2007 3:41:07 AM   
Zap

Harley-Davison has the love of American buyers, myself, I always wanted one since I was old enough to drive. This News is disheartening bad service. But its good to know because I would want to have good service with a purchase that costly.

Post #: 8
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/23/2007 4:37:51 AM   
gregbcs@yahoo.com

There is a new Harley-Davidson game coming out? (G)

Post #: 9
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/24/2007 12:29:06 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Sorry Zap! I felt the same way. It was like a big candy store in the dealership. Now I can't stand the name. Oh by the way, I am still waiting on a windshield. Bought the bike on 13 april, Harley davidson didn't even ups the windshield to the dealer until last friday(20th). Why so late? I have a feeling the dealership people didn't even request it until late into last week. Oh well this is my last vent on the subject.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

Harley-Davison has the love of American buyers, myself, I always wanted one since I was old enough to drive. This News is disheartening bad service. But its good to know because I would want to have good service with a purchase that costly.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 10
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/24/2007 2:49:39 AM   
Arctic Blast

I think the fact that they're 'the name' kind of went to the company's head. It's actually gotten to the point that Sonny Barger, of all people, said in a book recently that were he choosing a bike now, it would NOT be a Harley. and let's face it, the Hells Angels kinda made Harley a name in the first place...they lent it a notoriety.

Post #: 11
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/24/2007 7:52:19 AM   
Mad Cow

I hate HD. People complain about kids with loud stereo systems in their cars bumping bassy rap music. Give me that over the sound of a Harley any day. 

Post #: 12
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/25/2007 2:55:29 AM   
Arctic Blast

I would probably go for one of the BMW road bikes...they have an excellent reputation, and I can't imagine they'd be THAT much more than what a Harley goes for these days.

Or, you know, a throwback Triumph wouldn't suck.

(in reply to Mad Cow)
Post #: 13
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/25/2007 5:19:07 PM   
UndercoverNotChickenSalad

If you don't want to work on your own bike, why did you get a harley

You should have got one of those Suzukis that Suzuki made w/ deliberately lowered engine tolerances. That engine sounds like crap too and will offend anyone w/in 500 yards of it w/ its noise pollution. But it will keeep running at least w/o having to get overhauled every 50 miles.

Of course, I realize the other non-conformists will be upset that you don't have the same bike all them have Hopefully you at least got the proper non-conformist clothing, and non-conformist tatoos - so that you'll fit in

< Message edited by UndercoverNotChickenSalad -- 4/25/2007 5:20:40 PM >

Post #: 14
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/26/2007 2:39:16 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Money! Basic Sportster XL1200L $9,450 BMW 1200RT $16,500. Ive been riding Honda's for awhile.
quote:

ORIGINAL: UndercoverNotChickenSalad

If you don't want to work on your own bike, why did you get a harley

You should have got one of those Suzukis that Suzuki made w/ deliberately lowered engine tolerances. That engine sounds like crap too and will offend anyone w/in 500 yards of it w/ its noise pollution. But it will keeep running at least w/o having to get overhauled every 50 miles.

Of course, I realize the other non-conformists will be upset that you don't have the same bike all them have Hopefully you at least got the proper non-conformist clothing, and non-conformist tatoos - so that you'll fit in

Post #: 15
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 4/28/2007 5:49:18 AM   
Zap

Don't know about the non-conformist theme but I love the idea of the momentary sense of freedom you get riding one.

Post #: 16
RE: Harley-Davidson service Stinks! - 5/18/2007 3:49:21 PM   
bigmed1204

When I got mine I ordered loads of extras, including some cutsom, Vance and Hines straight shots, hi-flo air kit etc, and they had mine done the next day. I guess it all depends on where you're at. Some people suck, no matter who they're affiliated with.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Harley-Davidson service Stinks! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI