Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wish List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Wish List Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wish List - 4/29/2007 8:14:28 PM   
JoseyWales

1. Head to Head - This would be great. I used to play Sid Meier's gettysburg and the Campaign Series wargames and they had it to where one person would host and others would link with his ip address to play. My brother in law and myself used to play status pro baseball and would love to be able to do the same with this game.

2. Series play - I also think one should be able to play a series instead of one game at a time. Example: Atl vs Hou, play all 3 games then go back to day 1 for the next series cubs vs cards.

3. Pitching availabilty - I would like to see a fatigue and availabilty during the game. Maybe changing color during game as he tires. Status pro had it for every hit, run, error etc pitcher endurance would reduce until he ran out and then if he kept pitching, he had little control over the batter, but still may get lucky. The pitch count and endurance don't really coincide in this game.

4. Rotation - goes with the above also. An easier way of seeing what starters are available without having to go to the calendar to see if one can start, if you are abiding by the 4 game rest. Same with relief after so much they would become unavailable for a day or 2. right now it seems as tho I can use some pitchers everyday if I wanted to. Many times I have had starters still in the blue the next day and could start them again if I wanted too. I don't know if the ai does that or not.

Anybody have any thoughts or links for me to read on these that I may have just missed or explanations on maybe clicking a wrong option or what not.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Wish List - 4/30/2007 6:14:14 PM   
Crimguy

I think fatigue is best left hidden during the game, and up to the manager to discover as people start tee-ing off on him, or walks start piling up.

(in reply to JoseyWales)
Post #: 2
RE: Wish List - 4/30/2007 10:53:51 PM   
akcranker

I think the pitchcount and endurance are fine in this game.  Also starting a player that is tired should be allowed because it's at the manager's own risk.  Them being in the blue, green, red or whatever still coincides with how they will perform, if they are really tired they won't last very long in the game and will probably give up alot of runs.

Series Play - Can you explain this more?  I don't see why you would want to play 3 games at a time.. makes it real tough to manage 3 games at a time and players can't be in 3 places at once.  Plus what happens if Albert Pujols get's injured in game 1?  He wouldn't be available for game 2 but if your playing all 3 games at once how does that work?  I'm confused...

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 3
RE: Wish List - 5/1/2007 12:46:46 AM   
KG Erwin

I understand what "The Outlaw" is wanting in series play, but I'm not certain what the point of it is. If one of these teams is human-managed, then maybe I understand.

Akcranker, say the Astros are to play a 3-game series May 1-3: he wants to do this in consecutive games, then go back to May 1 and sim/watch a 3-game Cubs series, or whoever.

Actually, I think you CAN do this, but it means returning to the Schedule Calendar after each game is completed. I'd be a little leery of that method, though. Might mess up stats/standings calculations.

However, personally, a double-header is enough consecutive-managed games for me, unless, of course, it's a championship series.

As for playing H2H, I'm really surprised we don't have more demand for that feature.

(in reply to JoseyWales)
Post #: 4
RE: Wish List - 5/2/2007 10:52:51 PM   
JoseyWales

Correct on the series replay.  One game at a time, but be able to play the series before going back to day one and then playing the next series with two other teams.  Until HTH hopefully comes out, I'd like to have a season going like that.  Only thing is, going to next series you have to change one of the teams to human owner so you can manage them.  Less hassle to change after every 3rd game than every game.  I think it would be easier to manage a team thru the series matchup and then move on to the next matchup.  Right now I have a career season going with the 72 Rangers, real players so I can draft and what not.  But I get the itch to want to manage all the teams at some point during the season.  I don't like fictional/science fiction stuff except in the movies and world war III/modern type wargames.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Wish List Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI