Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

NAFA Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> NAFA Thread Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NAFA Thread - 5/1/2007 6:58:42 AM   
StLee

I don't have the know-how nor patience to design a website, but I do have some writing skills, so I am planning to run a text-based Maximum Football League. Anyone interested, enjoy!

I want this league to run in a real-time atmosphere, but I scheduled my league to start its regular games on May 19, which isn't very much time to run all time lines in real-time mode like I planned. So, for the first year, I'll just have to speed up and back date events.

EDIT: Thanks to all of you uniform designers out there. I based all of my teams on fantasy uniforms you designed. I'll try to post game shots when possible.

< Message edited by StLee -- 5/1/2007 7:06:36 AM >

StLee

If I didn't believe, I wouldn't be a Saint.
Post #: 1
RE: NAFA Thread - 5/1/2007 7:04:38 AM   
StLee

NEW FOOTBALL LEAGUE FORMED
From High 812 Newswire, August 13, 2006

New Orleans, LA – America’s new favorite pastime has found its way into a new league. Last week, plans were announced for a 16-team league with its base of operation centered in New Orleans.

The league will be known as the North American Football Association, a summer football league that will operate from May to August, beginning next year. Franchises are split into four basic regions and include both American and Canadian teams.

James Beamer, founder of UnkCorp, a technology business based in New Orleans, announced his plans late last year to pick up the slack where the XFL failed.

“America loves football,” Beamer said. “And I think there is a definite market for football year round. Look at how well the (Arena Football League) has done.”

The XFL was a spring football league founded by wrestling guru Vince McMahon that began and folded in 2001.

Beamer’s plans for creating the league included hiring a few former professional football players, none of whom are currently known, to advise on how to create a successful league.

“The first thing I wanted to do was to study why the XFL failed. For the most part, the XFL thought football was all about the glitz instead of the game. We want to concentrate on the game.”

Another aspect of the North American Football Association, NAFA, is that teams will be individually owned by wealthy investors who had to guarantee their franchises’ economical success for three years. According to Beamer, more than twenty cities vied for franchises, but the NAFA settled for sixteen franchises to start, marking the most teams ever for a beginning football league.

Teams will be split into two conferences, the Western and Eastern conferences in much the same style as the National Basketball Association, though Beamer says that could change in the future.

“The (National Football League) constantly changed its division and conference make ups,” Beamer said, “especially after the (American Football League) merged with it. Now we have the current make up of the NFL which seems to work.”

The Western Conference will have two divisions, the Pacific and Midwest divisions, and the Eastern Conference will have the Southeast and Atlantic divisions, another conference make up similar to the NBA.

Teams in the Pacific Division are the Albuquerque Arrows, the Fresno BlueHawks, the Sacramento Devils, and the Vancouver Orcas.

Teams in the Midwest Division are the Milwaukee Cougars, the Salt Lake City Fleas, the San Antonio Outlaws, and the Wichita Bombers.

Teams in the Southeast Division are the Jackson Generals, the Mobile Seagulls, the Myrtle Beach Marlins, and the Shreveport Sun.

Teams in the Atlantic Division are the Ottawa Huskies, the Providence Condors, the Quebec Cannons, and the Trenton Tigers.

Each division winner will meet in a conference championship at the home of the team with the best record, followed by a championship game that will be played in the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans.

“We’re excited to get the league started,” Beamer said. “It will be a fun ride!”

StLee

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 2
RE: NAFA Thread - 5/1/2007 7:21:42 AM   
StLee

NAFA Ready to Begin
From High 812 Newswire, March 17, 2007

New Orleans, LA – Good news out of New Orleans: the North American Football Association has got off the ground.

An initial player draft will be held on Saturday, April 21, just one week before the NFL draft.

“We’ve got a pool of players,” league founder and commissioner James Beamer announced. “Some of our players our going to be guys who have been out of football for a while, but we look forward to seeing how our guys look in their sharp uniforms.”

The draft will be held at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center along the Mississippi River. The event itself is supposed to be filled with an array of popular local and well-known acts.

Beamer beamed at the prospects. “We have a few live acts to entertain the audience, including New Orleans legend Fats Domino, Better Than Ezra, Zebra, and Dick the Grinch.”

Festivities are supposed to begin at 9AM with musical performances and several door prizes and contests for fans.

New Orleans will not have a team initially in the NAFA but will serve as headquarters of the league.

“We’ll have the league championship in the Superdome, so we’re excited to what the city of New Orleans will represent in its rebuilding efforts,” Beamer said.

New Orleans was devastated by Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath in August 2005. The city is still attempting to recover its sports status, helped immensely by the Saints’ success in the 2006 season.

Beamer thinks things are looking up: “People are excited about football right now. The Saints went to the NFC championship and LSU won the Sugar Bowl. It’s a great time for us to jump in and enjoy the success.”

Following the draft, teams will have a two-day signing period with most contracts predetermined by position. Training camps begin on April 24 and break on May 11.

The regular season begins Friday, May 18. The schedule should be announced soon.

< Message edited by StLee -- 5/4/2007 5:40:20 AM >

StLee

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 3
RE: NAFA Thread - 5/1/2007 7:22:27 AM   
StLee

NAFA Announces First Schedule
From High 812 Newswire, March 22, 2007

New Orleans, LA – The North American Football Association, formed last summer in New Orleans, has announced its season schedule, beginning Friday, May 18.

The newly-formed professional football league will be made up of sixteen teams from American and Canadian teams.

Founder and league commissioner James Beamer formed the league last August and announced the initial franchises in the summer league.

“We’re excited to get the league started,” Beamer said. “It will be a fun ride!”

The league will be made of four divisions in two conferences with franchises in Albuquerque, N.M., Fresno, Calif., Sacremento, Calif., Milwaukee, Wis., Salt Lake City, Utah, San Antonio, Tex., Wichita, Kan., Jackson, Mississippi, Myrtle Beach, S.C., Shreveport, La., Providence, R.I., and Trenton, N.J., and Canadian cities Vancouver, Ottawa, and Quebec City.

The league kicks off with a single game on May 18 with the Salt Lake City Fleas visiting the San Antonio Outlaws in a primetime game. Six more games are scheduled for May 19, with the Sacramento Devils visiting the Fresno BlueHawks, the Milwaukee Cougars playing at the Wichita Bombers, the Jackson Generals traveling to play at the Mobile Seagulls, the Myrtle Beach Marlins at the Shreveport Sun, the Ottawa Huskies playing at the Trenton Tigers, and the Quebec Cannons traveling to the Providence Condors. The first week is capped off with the Sunday Matinee of the Albuquerque Arrows playing at the Vancouver Orcas.

Complete schedule:

Week One:
May 18: Salt Lake City (SLC) at San Antonio (SA)
May 19: Sacramento (SAC) at Fresno (FRE), Milwaukee (MIL) at Wichita (WIC), Jackson (JAC) at Mobile (MOB), Myrtle Beach (MB) at Shreveport (SHR), Ottawa (OTT) at Trenton (TRE), Quebec (QUE) at Providence (PRO)
May 20: Albuquerque (ALB) at Vancouver (VAN)

Week Two:
May 25: MOB at ALB, FRE at MB, SHR at SAC, VAN at JAC, TRE at SLC, SA at OTT, WIC at QUE
May 26: PRO at MIL

Week Three:
June 2: MIL at ALB, SA at FRE, SAC at SLC, WIC at VAN, JAC at QUE, MOB at PRO, MB at OTT
June 3: TRE at SHR

Week Four:
June 9: ALB at SAC, VAN at FRE, SLC at MIL, JAC at MB, MOB at SHR, OTT at QUE, PRO at TRE
June 10: SA at WIC

Week Five:
June 16: ALB at SA, FRE at SLC, SAC at WIC, VAN at MIL, PRO at JAC, TRE at MB, SHR at QUE
June 17: OTT at MOB

Week Six:
June 23: ALB at PRO, OTT at FRE, QUE at VAN, MIL at MOB, SLC at SHR, MB at SA, JAC at WIC
June 24: SAC at TRE

Week Seven:
June 30: FRE at ALB, SAC at VAN, SA at MIL, SHR at JAC, MB at MOB, PRO at OTT, TRE at QUE
July 1: WIC at SLC

Week Eight:
July 7: SLC at ALB, WIC at FRE, MIL at SAC, VAN at SA, MOB at TRE, QUE at MB, PRO at SHR
July 8: OTT at JAC

Week Nine:
July 14: VAN at ALB, WIC at MIL, SA at SLC, MOB at JAC, SHR at MB, TRE at OTT, PRO at QUE
July 15: FRE at SAC

Week Ten:
July 21: ALB at WIC, FRE at MIL, SA at SAC, SLC at VAN, JAC at TRE, MB at PRO, SHR at OTT
July 22: QUE at MOB

Week Eleven:
July 28: SAC at ALB, FRE at VAN, WIC at SA, MB at JAC, SHR at MOB, QUE at OTT, TRE at PRO
July 29: MIL at SLC

Week Twelve:
Aug. 4: ALB at FRE, VAN at SAC, MIL at SA, SLC at WIC, JAC at SHR, MOB at MB, OTT at PRO, QUE at TRE

Playoffs will be held Saturday, August 11, with the NAFA Championship on Saturday, August 18.

StLee

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 4
RE: NAFA Thread - 5/1/2007 4:20:20 PM   
MSO94

a quick way to do a web site is Geocities.com
they have templates if needed and they are very simple to work with.

But so far it looks good.

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 5
RE: NAFA Thread - 5/4/2007 5:29:04 AM   
StLee

Disclaimer: All persons are fictional players generated by Max Football's Player Engine. Any similarities to real people are coincidental. Also, though many schools and teams listed are real, they are in no way meant to take away from the accomplishments of actual players and coaches at those schools and on those teams.

Now enjoy!

HEAD COACH PROFILES
From High 812 Newswire, April 2, 2007

Albuquerque – Head Coach – Eldon Furth – Age: 29 – Alumnus: Dakota State University (Trojans) – Position: QB – Years: 1998-2001

Football bio: Furth saw limited playing time at Dakota State as a QB. Known as a heady player despite lacking some needed skills to be successful, Furth spent most of his time hodling the clipboard and learning football. Considered coaches’ right-hand man and was immediately offered an assistant QB coach position after graduation, mentoring the player he backed up for two years.

Coaching history:
Assistant QB Coach – Dakota State – 2002
Strength Coordinator – Dakota State – 2003
Offensive Coordinator – Dakota State – 2004-2006

Fresno – Head Coach – Marcos Gonzalez – Age: 51 – Alumnus: San Diego State University (Aztecs) – Position: LB – Years: 1969-1970

Football bio: Gonzalez saw action as a sophomore and junior at San Diego State and passed on his senior year of eligibility to pursue a sales job. Later was player-coach for semi-pro team, San Diego Fiery Nixons.

Coaching history:
Head Coach – San Diego (Semi-pro) – 1973-1975
Special Teams Assistant – San Diego State – 1977-1982
Defensive Assistant – California State-Monterey Bay – 1985-1988
Linebackers Coach – California State-Monterey Bay – 1989-1991
Defensive Coordinator – University of the Pacific – 1992-1993
Defensive Line Coach – California-Riverside – 1994
Defensive Coordinator – California-Riverside – 1995-1999
Head Coach – Los Angeles Lickers (Semi-pro) – 2000-2004

Jackson – Head Coach – Donnell “Plower” Pasquale – Age: 54 – Alumnus: Bethel (Royals) – Position: C – Years: 1972-1975

Football bio: A four-year starter for the Royals and two-time all-conference selection, Pasquale was well known for his “cut” blocks at a time before the term was defined. Undersized at his position at under 200 pounds, Pasquale’s ferociousness during game play gave him the reputation as the “Plower.”

Coaching history:
Graduate Assistant – Prairie View A&M – 1976-1978
Offensive Line Coach – Missouri-Kansas City – 1979-1990
Quality Assist Control – Oklahoma Baptist – 1991-1992
Offensive Line Coach – Oklahoma Baptist – 1993-1996
Offensive Line Coach – Wisconsin-LaCrosse – 1997-2001
Offensive Coordinator – Wisconsin-LaCrosse – 2002-2006

Milwaukee – Head Coach – Shad Lance – Age: 42 – Alumnus: Assumption College (Greyhounds) – Position: K – Years: 1983-1986

Football bio: Lance set the Greyhound record for longest kick (57 yards) and field goals made in a season (19). Despite only seeing limited action in his first two years, coaches noticed his knowledge of the game and often asked him for assistance in game plans.

Coaching history:
Graduate Assistant – Boston University – 1987
Special Teams Coordinator – Dartmouth – 1988-1989
Assistant Head Coach – Dartmouth – 1990-1992
Head Coach – Red Leaf Valley College – 1993-2002
Head Coach – Saswana College – 2003-2006

Mobile – Head Coach – Aaron Calloway – Age: 31 – Alumnus: Lehigh University (Mountain Hawks) – Position: Did Not Play – Years: None

Football bio: Calloway was involved in a car accident during his junior year of high school, ending his football career due to a severely fractured leg. Got involved with Lehigh program as statistician and eventually got his shot to coach as a graduate assistant.

Coaching history:
Graduate Assistant – Lehigh – 1997-1999
Defensive Assistant – Lehigh – 2000-2005
Defensive Coordinator – Lehigh – 2006

Myrtle Beach – Head Coach – Jean Ampero – Age: 58 – Alumnus: Sioux Falls University (Cougars) – Position: DL/LB/TE – Years: 1968-1970

Football bio: Ampero saw plenty of action at different positions, although he was not outstanding at any one position. A naturally big man, Ampero was the tallest player ever on Sioux Falls at the time of his playing career, standing at 6’5”.

Coaching history:
Assistant Head Coach – South Dakota State – 1973-1976
Head Coach – Manhattan Miners (Semi-pro) – 1977-1978
Assistant Defensive Line Coach – Minnesota Vikings (NFL) – 1979-1982
Tight Ends Coach – Birmingham Stallions (USFL) – 1983-1985
Tight Ends Coach – Columbia University – 1986
Offensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach – Tennessee-Chattanooga – 1987-1994
Offensive Coordinator/Defensive Line Coach – University of the South – 1995
Offensive Coordinator – University of the South – 1996-2000
Head Coach – Quad City Steamwheelers (AFL2) – 2001-2005

Ottawa – Head Coach – Fletcher “Fletch” Barcellos – Age: 30 – Alumnus: Delaware University (Blue Hens) – Position: DT – Years: 1995-1999

Football bio: Known as “Fletch,” Barcellos held his own on the interior line at Delaware after redshirting his sophomore year due to a pectoral injury, prompting coaches to name him defensive captain his junior year and team captain his senior year. Not a very experienced coach, but Ottawa may see him as a potential player/coach due to his impending size.

Coaching history:
Graduate Assistant – Delaware – 2000-2001
Defensive Line Coach – Delaware State – 2002-2006

Providence – Head Coach – Grady Brent – Age: 45 – Alumnus: Gustavus Adolphus College (Gusties) – Position: QB – Years: 1980-1983

Football bio: Brent combined a decent arm with quick legs to run the Gusties Wing-T offense. Often prone to run on called passing plays, it wasn’t until Brent spent some time in the Canadian Football League before he learned the value of the pass. Unfortunately, Adolphus was better at realizing than performing and was cut from both the Calgary Roughriders and Edmonton Eskimos before taking a shot at coaching.

Coaching history:
Assistant Offensive and Strength Coach – Edmonton Eskimos (CFL)– 1985
Quarterbacks Coach – Edmonton Eskimos (CFL) – 1987-1992
Offensive Coordinator – Gustavus Adolphus – 1993-2000
Assistant Coach – Yellow River Senior High – 2001-2003
Offensive Coordinator – Gustavus Adolphus – 2004-2006

Quebec – Head Coach – Donovan Watson – Age: 53 – Alumnus: DePauw University (Tigers) – Position: HB/FB/H-Back – Years: 1972-1975

Football bio: Although his teammates often called him “One and Six” for Watson’s ability to consistently pile through the line on goal-line situations, Watson’s best known for his classroom abilities. While he played most of his sophomore, junior, and senior seasons, save a few games missed due to injury, Watson was the studyaholic on the team, racking up all-academic honors and two-time all-conference honors. A born leader.

Coaching history:
Graduate Assistant – Northern Illinois University – 1976-1977
Assistant Special Teams Coach – Kentucky Wesleyan – 1979-1983
Running Backs Coach – University of Louisville – 1984-1985
Running Backs Coach – South Carolina State – 1986-1989
Running Backs Coach – Hinds (MS) Community College – 1990
Offensive Coordinator – Hinds (MS) Community College – 1991-1993
Offensive Coordinator – Stetson University – 1994-1998
Offensive/Special Teams Coach – University of Alberta – 1999-2003
Head Coach – Michigan College for the Deaf – 2004-2006

Sacramento – Head Coach – Jermaine “The Whistle” Thistle – Age: 53 – Alumnus: University of North Carolina-Central (Eagles) – Position: CB/S – Years: 1973-1976

Football bio: Known as a short defensive back who loved to hit, “The Whistle” earned his nickname as a long-time defensive backs coach in the American Universities League of Europe. The Whistle was quick to yell at his players when they did wrong, but gave them a happy whistle blow when they did well. His legacy with his whistle gave him some later opportunities. The Whistle was mostly used at defensive back on goal-line and short-yardage situations in college, but opposing players usually knew when they got hit.

Coaching history:
Assistant Coach – Sanford (NC) High School – 1977-1981
Defensive Backs Coach – American University of Paris – 1982-2003
Defensive Coordinator – Louisiana College – 2004-2006

Salt Lake City – Head Coach – Colby Karras – Age: 30 – Alumnus: Wagner College (Seahawks) – Position: QB – Years: 1995-1998

Football bio: The “best quarterback ever from Brooklyn” stayed at home in college, playing for tiny Wagner College of New York City. Though never a spectacular passer, Karras was able to hook up for 21 touchdowns and just seven interceptions his senior year to lead his team to a runner-up finish in conference. Karras immediately jumped into the coaching ranks, earning an assistant position his first year out of college and staying at Wagner in various roles.

Coaching history:
Assistant Quarterbacks Coach/Strength Coordinator/Assistant Receivers Coach – Wagner College – 1999-2000
Assistant Offensive Coordinator – Wagner College – 2001-2003
Quarterbacks Coach – Wagner College – 2004-2005
Offensive Coordinator – 2006

San Antonio – Head Coach – Larry Philpott – Age: 50 – Alumnus: Central (OH) State (Marauders) – Position: LB/TE – Years: 1977-1979

Football bio: Originally recruited to walk on after the head coach saw him get hit by a car on campus and walk away with only minor bruises, Philpott made an immediate impact as a bruising tackler and blocker. Philpott dedicated his time to improving at his positions and earned starting spots as a junior as an all-conference linebacker and tight end and earning defensive player of the year his senior year. Says he likes hitters on his football team.

Coaching history:
Defensive Coordinator – Centreville (OH) High School – 1980-1984
Defensive Coordinator – Central State – 1985-1993
Defensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach – Central State 1994
Defensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach – Walters Episcopal College – 1995-2001
Head Coach – Walters Episcopal College – 2002-2006

Shreveport – Head Coach – Tyrell Fisherman – Age: 39 – Alumnus: West Texas A&M University (Buffaloes) – Position: QB/CB/KR – Years: 1986-1989

Football bio: The Buffaloes’ most athletic player, Fisherman was an iron man specialist, lining up behind center on option and QB sneak plays, handling nickel and dime duties on defense, and returning kicks (including two for touchdowns). Fisherman was also the most studious players, asking coaches for detailed explanations of plays and situations to better understand his role. He may have aggravated his coaches as a player, but they loved his input as a graduate assistant and part-time coach.

Coaching history:
Graduate assistant – WTAMU – 1990-1992
Special Teams Assistant Coach – WTAMU – 1993-1998
Defensive Coordinator – Canyon (TX) High School – 1994-1998
Head Coach – Canyon (TX) High School – 1999-2004
Assistant Defensive and Special Teams Coach – University of Texas-El Paso – 2005-2006

Trenton – Head Coach – Milford Gaudet – Age: 37 – Alumnus: Northwoods (MI) College (Timberwolves) – Position: DL – Years: 1991-1993

Football bio: A native of Quebec City, Gaudet fell in love with American football as a young boy while on vacation in Minnesota. Determined to be a Minnesota Viking while growing up, Gaudet formed a boys American football league, which now runs in an official format known as Vie et football แmericain (VEFA), which means “Life and American Football” and eventually attended football camps in Michigan and New York. Later he walked on at Northwoods where he was an undersized but determined footballaholic.

Coaching history:
Founder of VEFA (Life and American Football) – Quebec City – 1994-2000
Defensive Line Coach – Jonquiere High School – 2001-2002
Head Coach – Jonquiere High School – 2003-2006

Vancouver – Head Coach – Randall “Miles” Walker – Age: 38 – Alumnus: Mary Hardin-Baylor (Crusaders) – Position: WR/KR/PR – Years: 1987-1990

Football bio: Miles, because of his passion for long-distance running once he found out his idol, Jerry Rice, spent his off season running long distance instead of sprints, Walker made an immediate impact with the Crusaders for his special teams coverage and return skills. Though his receiving skills were sub-par—he only caught one touchdown pass in his career compared to his three return touchdowns and two rushing touchdowns on reverses—coaches at Mary Hardin-Baylor loved his special teams performance.

Coaching history:
Special Teams Assistant Coach – Mary Hardin-Baylor – 1991-1994
Special Teams Coach – Mary Hardin-Baylor – 1995-2000
Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams Coach – Mississippi Fire Dogs (NIFL) – 2001-2002
Special Teams Coordinator – Ohio Valley Greyhounds (NIFL) – 2003-2004
Head Coach – Tri-Cities Fever (NIFL) – 2005-2006

Wichita – Head Coach – Kurt Corli – Age: 35 – Alumnus: Pacific-Lutheran (Lutes) – Position: LB/K – Years: 1990-1993

Football bio: Corli took a strange journey to college football. He was his soccer team’s ace goal scorer in rural Washington state. When he was disappointed not to receive a soccer scholarship, the Pacific-Lutheran coach asked him to walk on as a kicker. Immediately earning the job, Corli earned all-region honors his sophomore year. By his junior year, the 250-pound Corli was making tackles, too, at middle linebacker.

Coaching history:
Head coach – Twin Peaks (WA) High School – 1995-2000
Assistant Head Coach – Washington State – 2001-2002
Head Coach – Kansas Lutheran Men’s College – 2003-2006

< Message edited by StLee -- 5/4/2007 5:42:45 AM >

StLee

(in reply to MSO94)
Post #: 6
RE: NAFA Thread - 5/4/2007 5:43:36 AM   
StLee

I hope people are enjoying this! I would like to see some coaches and/or players jump out as personal favorites. The league is quite regionalized, so some of you might start pulling for a team.

StLee

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 7
RE: NAFA Thread - 5/4/2007 5:58:39 AM   
garysorrell

Well, im going out of region and pulling for the Fresno BlueHawks

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 8
RE: NAFA Thread - 5/4/2007 5:59:41 AM   
StLee

NAFA PREPARES ITS FIRST FRANCHISE DRAFT: Teams Expected to Pick a Few Premier Players
From High 812 Newswire, April 17, 2007

New Orleans – The newly-formed North American Football Association (NAFA) is set to draft players on Saturday, April 21, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.

Teams can only draft players who personally declared for the draft, eliminating any players “stolen” from other premiere leagues, such as the National Football League and Canadian Football League.

Sixteen teams will pick a total of 160 players in the ten-round draft. Then remaining players will be assigned as free agents based on a ranking system each team turned in. The highest ranked free agents will be assigned to the team that held them in highest esteem during the free agency round. Players who appear on more than one team’s ranking system will be determined by a snaking free agency draft where the team with the higher pick is rewarded the player.

All players who signed up for the NAFA were worked out by scouts and coaches from each team.

Besides the drafting of players, people will have the opportunity to listen to live music, eat and drink from a number of local vending companies, and enjoy a variety of games and competitions.

Previously NAFA founder and commissioner James Beamer an array of local acts: Fats Domino, Better Than Ezra, Zebra, and Dick the Grinch. But the NAFA draft has added a few more acts, including Tim McGraw and Lee Greenwood.

Activities include a live Madden ’07 tournament sponsored by EA Sports, a Chocolate Football Toss into the Mississippi River, and giveaways for the NAFA Championship.

Tickets to the draft are $45 each with the availability for group, children, and senior discounts.

StLee

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 9
RE: NAFA Thread - 5/10/2007 9:31:30 AM   
StLee

I took some liberties with the draft results since, despite setting individual profiles for each team, the draft went to an automatic profile format. Hell, this is fantasy anyway. Draft results will be posted tomorrow (er...later today--it's 1:30 AM and I need to go to work in the morning).

StLee

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 10
RE: NAFA Thread - 5/10/2007 11:06:55 AM   
22sec

Jackson Generals baby!!!

Mapping Specialist

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 11
RE: NAFA Thread - 5/11/2007 4:11:05 AM   
StLee

NAFA TEAMS SELECT THEIR TOP TEN
From High 812 Newswire, April 21, 2007

New Orleans - The sixteen teams of the North American Football Association finalized their draft picks this Saturday at the Ernest Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.

Each team selected a player per round for a ten-round snaking draft. In odd rounds (1, 3, 5, 7, and 9), the order was as follows: 1) Sacramento, 2) Fresno, 3) Trenton, 4) Ottawa, 5) Albuquerque, 6) Vancouver, 7) Providence, 8) Quebec, 9) Jackson, 10) Mobile, 11) Wichita, 12) Milwaukee, 13) Myrtle Beach, 14) Shreveport, 15) San Antonio, and 16) Salt Lake City. Each team picked in the exact opposite order in the even rounds (2, 4, 6, 8, 10).

With the first selection, Sacramento selected running back Ashley Pena. Fresno followed by selecting the first quarterback, Stevie Grebner.

Complete results per team are as follows:

Team-Round-Overall-Player-Position
Albuquerque
1-5 – Jonah Rooney – LB
2-28 – Aubrey Lavey – QB
3-37 – Elvis Palo – TE
4-60 – Jeffrey Trischitta – RB
5-69 – Steve Dobert – DL
6-92 – Ramiro Vaquerano – DB
7-101 – Elmer McCollin – OL
8-124 – Darrell Muni – WR
9-133 – Rodney Nate – RB
10-156 – Kareem Saulnier – OL

Fresno
1-2 – Stevie Grebner – QB
2-31 – Alvin Kanz – DB
3-34 – Huey Bez – WR
4-63 – Huey Wilk – DL
5-66 – Dillon Randlett – LB
6-95 – Frank Trifiletti – RB
7-98 – Archie Lappinga – TE
8-127 – Frederic Larriva – OL
9-130 – Lenny Offley – WR
10-159 – Curtis Longman – OL

Jackson
1-9 – Tommy Albrecht – OL
2-24 – Gill Bottex – DL
3-41 – Errol Darwich – RB
4-56 – Lionel Sanderfur – QB
5-73 – Brendon Lanze – WR
6-88 – Rolland Avner – RB
7-105 – Jed Sanjuan – LB
8-120 – Russ Papay – LB
9-137 – Terrence Nitchman – OL
10-152 – Billy Swanda – DL

Milwaukee
1-12 – Jerold Osterberger – DB
2-21 – Lonny Killingbeck – DL
3-44 – Jan Notto – OL
4-53 – Renato Menden – QB
5-76 – Jerrold Betsinger – LB
6-85 – Bobby Berkhimer – RB
7-108 – Rey Seipel – WR
8-117 – Bill Figgins – DL
9-140 – Alfonzo Gershenson – OL
10-149 – Brandon Hasker – LB

Mobile
1-10 – Francis Horn – WR
2-23 – Winford Dozois – OL
3-42 – Rolland Seedburg – DB
4-55 – Alton McAnany – RB
5-74 – Sol Fyock – DL
6-87 – Marty Medieros – QB
7-106 – Ezra Washington – LB
8-119 – Alberto Mikita – LB
9-138 – Rashad Wittlin – OL
10-151 – Jesse Nishiguchi – DB

Myrtle Beach
1-13 – Michael Walkins – WR
2-20 – Rickey Banis – RB
3-45 – Jan Notto – OL
4-52 – Von Elchert – DB
5-77 – Lewis Freeley – OL
6-84 – Lonny Hooe – DL
7-109 – Nathaneal Figaro – LB
8-116 – Jimmy Adolf – OL
9-141 – Noble Sherrin – DL
10-148 – Leopoldo Harkrader – LB

Ottawa
1-4 – Alvaro Muzzarelli – QB
2-39 – Orvil Serviss – LB
3-36 – Coy MacDonnell – OL
4-61 – Lionel Fuls – RB
5-68 – Ellis Grizzard – RB
6-93 – Carmelo Comrie – DB
7-100 – Felton Rodeman – DL
8-125 – Pete Haschke – LB
9-132 – Bernie Aguinaldo – WR
10-157 – Santo Boilard – OL

Providence
1-7 – Willis Sills – DB
2-26 – Basil Knori – QB
3-39 – Don DeChamplain – LB
4-58 – Clarence Hila – RB
5-71 – Marquis Poffenroth – DL
6-90 – Willard Magistrale – OL
7-103 – Dominick Boddy – WR
8-122 – Benjamin Bary – RB
9-135 – Willian Bazzle – LB
10-154 – Tyron Platner – DL

Quebec
1-8 – Brad Cantore – DL
2-25 – Marion Dellon – WR
3-40 – Cyrus Tedford – OL
4-57 – Alonso Keery – QB
5-72 – Shelton Nulisch – RB
6-89 – Raleigh Schrager – LB
7-104 – Lane Sorensen – DB
8-121 – Coy Magos – LB
9-136 – Kristofer Harber – DL
10-153 – Jamar Bertsch – OL

Sacramento
1-1 – Ashley Pena - RB
2-32 – Chet Winnewisser – OL
3-33 – Woodrow Dellaporta – DB
4-64 – Jared Remme – LB
5-65 – Samuel Froehle – WR/KR
6-96 – Rolando Perman – QB
7-97 – Scotty Authur – TE
8-128 – Darrel Testman – DL
9-129 – Zachary Miskell – WR
10-160 – Kent Eiland – DB

Salt Lake City
1-16 – Noel Davilla – DL
2-17 – Burl McConney – LB
3-48 – Jefferson Waites – DB
4-49 – Adalberto Twyman – WR
5-64 – Elbert Kaylor – OL
6-65 – Justin Miglorie – TE
7-112 – Aldo Huft – RB
8-113 – Dwayne McAnally – QB
9-144 – Lynwood Haislett – LB
10-145 – Tristan Bourassa – OL

San Antonio
1-15 – Dwain Handal – WR
2-18 – Hassen Nimrod – DL
3-47 – Rolf Allyne – TE
4-50 – Pierre Kanzenbach – LB
5-79 – Felix Mesich – RB
6-82 – Harvey Ruthers – DB
7-111 – Dino Jaurigui – OL
8-114 – Marlin McKeegan – QB
9-143 – Norris Laudat – DL
10-146 – Orville Campain – OL

Shreveport
1-14 – Jeremy Hunkele – DL
2-19 – Robbie Mullarkey – DB
3-46 – Gordon Gorum – OL
4-51 – Gordon Norder – WR
5-78 – Zachary Lundie – RB
6-83 – Wallace Polovoy – LB
7-110 – Alphonse Trester – QB
8-115 – Palmer Addo – RB
9-142 – Colby Baccouche – LB
10-147 – Bobby McKissic – WR

Trenton
1-3 – Brian Minehart – RB
2-30 – Carlo Steckline – DL
3-35 – Winston Neborak – LB
4-62 – Robert Humbert – OL
5-67 – Carlos Zeoli – WR
6-94 – Lucien Gravely – DB
7-99 – Hector Hambrecht – QB
8-126 – Herschel Woodhull – TE
9-131 – Dylan Debruhl – OL
10-158 – Antone Lill – DL

Vancouver
1-6 – Nicholas Vassar – OL
2-27 – DeMarcus Verano – DL
3-38 – Jerold Palo – TE
4-59 – Elvin Eichler – WR
5-70 – Jude Cadden – QB
6-91 – Julius Esten – RB
7-102 – Waldo Guinto – WR/KR
8-123 – Luigi McCravy – TE
9-134 – Beau Rydman – DB
10-155 – Roberto LeWallen – DL

Wichita
1-11 – Denver Baile – WR
2-22 – Willard Chris – DL
3-43 – Dallas Lenza – QB
4-54 – Bill DiModica – DB
5-75 – Aaron Burross – LB
6-86 – Jere Brais – RB
7-107 – Alejandro Zelenko – OL
8-118 – Simon Wickard – LB
9-139 – Forest Rockelman – RB
10-150 – Andrew Frerich – DL

StLee

(in reply to 22sec)
Post #: 12
RE: NAFA Thread - 3/26/2008 7:00:04 AM   
StLee

Boy, did this league die a quick death. Maybe one day I will fire it back up. I'll just have to reset the draft, maybe start from the post before I drafted. I think I screwed up the profiles and wanted to go back to correct them, but for some reason I never got around to it.

StLee

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> NAFA Thread Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI