Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Additional flags?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Additional flags? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Additional flags? - 5/11/2007 8:15:20 PM   
Callahan

Is there any hope that additional flags might be added in future patches (or maybe we can even to this ourselves)?
I really like customizing my LUs with their own flags. It appears to me that most northern LUs seem to come from New York and Illinois (haven`t played long enough to be sure, though), while there are no flags for these states.
Also a green flag with a harp/shamrock on it for my beloved Irish troops would be great and maybe a slightly tattered flag with some illegible battle honors stitched on it that I can "award" to a brigade which stormed a battery, carried a fort etc.
Is there any hope that you might consider this for a future patch?
(apart from being able to assign generals to individual brigades my only minor wish for this brilliant game)
Post #: 1
RE: Additional flags? - 5/12/2007 12:53:53 AM   
ericbabe

There is an extensive thread devoted to the topic of more flags, c.f.: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1314440&mpage=1&key=flags

We probably won't be able to include new flags until we make an expansion pack -- our graphics schedule is already fairly tight -- but please feel free to continue to add to the thread.

< Message edited by ericbabe -- 5/13/2007 10:42:52 PM >

(in reply to Callahan)
Post #: 2
RE: Additional flags? - 5/12/2007 2:48:42 PM   
Callahan

Oh sorry, the other thread must have escaped me.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Additional flags? - 5/12/2007 3:52:47 PM   
Erik Rutins

Also, by the way, if you fight detailed battles once you are on the battle map you can move generals between units by using the "G" key. Makes it fairly easy to make sure you have them with the units you want, though I agree it would be nice to assign brigade commanders (but I think you and I are in a minority on this, most players don't want to deal with that many generals).

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Callahan)
Post #: 4
RE: Additional flags? - 5/12/2007 7:53:55 PM   
Callahan

Well I guess it speaks for the quality of the game, if players have the time to worry about minor flavor features...

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Additional flags? - 5/13/2007 3:18:40 AM   
Callahan

Argh, I just noticed that my last statement might sound pretty ambivalent. My apologies, of course it`s meant in the positive sense (sorry, not a native speaker).

(in reply to Callahan)
Post #: 6
RE: Additional flags? - 5/13/2007 3:21:33 AM   
Gil R.

As a native speaker (not to mention Editor in Chief of the Forge of Freedom Generals Biography Project, or FOFGeBiPro), I can say that that's the only way your comment can be taken, unless one wants to twist it wildly.

(in reply to Callahan)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Additional flags? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI