Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply Priority and Supply Wagons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Supply Priority and Supply Wagons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply Priority and Supply Wagons - 5/24/2007 2:05:21 AM   
Johnus

Am I correct in my assumption that a high supply priority results in more supply wagons in a detailed combat ??

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Supply Priority and Supply Wagons - 5/24/2007 3:11:50 AM   
Walloc

Yes and no.

Rule is, IIRC, for a container usually a division to get a supply wagon u need a combined supply for the units in that container to be 20. For every 20 u get a wagon.

Choosing the tech upgrade logistical reserve(or some thing to that effect, its 2am here) its 1 wagon per 10 supply.

So yes since higher supply levels will give u more supply in ur units u should gain more wagons.
It isnt as clear cut as supply prioverty alone tho. If u have 5 units all with 1 in supply each for a combined 5, u can have as high supply prioverty as u want still get nada wagon. In time the supply level would increase and the combined level would get above 20.
Again if u have 5 units with 8 each = combined 40 u dont per say gain more wagons by having a high supply prioverty because with 5 units u cant reach 50, max per unit being 10, in reality lower tho. U just need to keep the supply up there no need to give extra supply. (advanced note. Since in containers with less than good logistic rating you in effect have a supply limit of 8, and if u move u will get below the 8. it in effect means u will still only get 1 wagon. U can only keep the 40=2 wagons by staying still aka defending)

In short yes u use high supply prioverty to gain supply in ur units that in turn give u supply wagons, but it isnt the prioverty in it self that gives u more.

Math here is for US side since CSA can have 6 units in their divisions they gain a small advantage. The more units the easier it is to get a combined higher than X.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 5/24/2007 3:29:02 AM >

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Supply Priority and Supply Wagons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI